Locked from Thread...but no ban

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
There's nothing that the moderators have done that would keep you from the thread.

If it is a glitch, you might see it resolve if you do the dance of:

1) Log our from EN World
2) Clear browser cache and cookies
3) Completely close browser (not just the EN world window, but exit the application entirely)
4) Restart browser, log back into EN World

(Not that I think you need that outlined for you, but every once in a while you find someone who doesn't know that procedure, so I always state the whole thing)

CapnZapp

Legend
If you can read and post in the thread normally while using the EN World app, then the most likely explanation is that the thread starter has put you on his or her ignore/block list.

This doesn't just make that user's posts invisible; it makes the entire thread inaccessible (while logged in).

For some reason. Can't recall seeing this peculiar behavior anywhere else.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
If you can read and post in the thread normally while using the EN World app, then the most likely explanation is that the thread starter has put you on his or her ignore/block list.

This doesn't just make that user's posts invisible; it makes the entire thread inaccessible (while logged in).

For some reason. Can't recall seeing this peculiar behavior anywhere else.

Oh good idea. I will try the app. Thanks Capn!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Oh good idea. I will try the app. Thanks Capn!

Because, as we all know, when given an indication that someone doesn't want our input, we should go charging in to give it.

Not forbidding it, but do consider the ramifications of working around the block feature before you post, hm? And try to not respond directly to the OP.

Nagol

Unimportant
Because, as we all know, when given an indication that someone doesn't want our input, we should go charging in to give it.

Not forbidding it, but do consider the ramifications of working around the block feature before you post, hm? And try to not respond directly to the OP.

I doubt Morlock will notice; he hasn't been active in more than 2 years. That thread is one of the recent spate of necros.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)

Uh Umbran, the guy who started the thread hasn't been here for 2 years. Pretty sure he won't mind. But no, I had no plan to respond to his two year old messages. [Edit - Ninja'ed by Nagol.]

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
We have recently had a few cases of people trying to work around the block function, so when it came up here, it made sense to note the point, regardless.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases