[ooc]Traveller T20 - Full

doghead

thotd
Battle armour!?! Hummm, there's a thought ....

I'll post the updated version after I post this. I've fleshed out the background an bit and done a basic equip list.

My basic list (inc armour and weapons) comes to about Cr2000. I'll get weapons and armour out of his Mustering Out cash, no probs. What about the Hand Computer - given his T/Computer skill, would it be a "necessity"?

Can I have GPS and a digital video camera in my mobile phone. I can now and we are only TL 8 :p

PS: Link to character

>> http://www.enworld.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1147452&postcount=18

PPS: is there an attribute increase at 4th level?

Last edited:

Maerdwyn

First Post
doghead said:
Battle armour!?! Hummm, there's a thought ....
:D

My basic list (inc armour and weapons) comes to about Cr2000. I'll get weapons and armour out of his Mustering Out cash, no probs. What about the Hand Computer - given his T/Computer skill, would it be a "necessity"?
Unfortunately, no. If you had a level of Professional (Computer Tech) or Prior History as a computer tech, probably.

Can I have GPS and a digital video camera in my mobile phone. I can now and we are only TL 8 :p
Actually, yes :), but it would only be active on world of TL8 or higher. A personal datalink "allows a user to communicate with anyone, anywhere on the world, any timem via text, video, voice, or combination thereof (Gm note: Assuming both people have a datalink). Messages may be recorded, sent, received or stored directly with the datalink." Throw in GPS, and you're looking at Cr700.

Thanks - I'll be setting up a thread in he Rogues Gallery soon so we can get all the chracters posted in one spot.

PPS: is there an attribute increase at 4th level?
Yes - at every 4th level, as in D&D.

Maerdwyn

First Post
Seonaid said:
Hm . . . sounds bad for the computer. I've had similar troubles. Does the monitor have wide vertical ORANGE stripes? That what ours was doing. Sigh. I don't know anything either, so I can't help you, other than commiserating.
Nope - absolutely nothing happens. The monitor is on, but blank. None of the fans or lights on the compute turn on or ive the slightest hint of functioning. It's a very sick little machine :(

As for fun . . . fun for the GM might mean pain and suffering for the PC's. :D I'm all for it, hehee.

I'll have the details of my character sorted out within two days. Work is building up, so I'm not sure I can get it done tonight, but definitely by Saturday.
Don't stress about it - I don't think we'll try to start play until sometime next week, but we'll probably go with you five at that point, unless someone else joins up pretty quickly. :)

Douane

First Post
Maerdwyn,

sorry to hear about the computer. Unfortunately I can't give any advice on this (as I'm a strictly non-tech guy); but can only shudder in memory. I had something very similiar happen to my PC and it turned out that the mainboard had totally burned out. :eek:

Folkert

Last edited:

Maerdwyn

First Post
For purposes of your background, and for knowing how things are planned to start, here's info on starting location, etc:

You are en route to the Domain capital world, Dukh. Dukh is home to Imperial Archduke Nells, but more importantly, it is soon to be the site of a Mercantile Council, in which top officials from all the Domain's most important corporations, and hundreds of the lesser businesses and operation, meet to plan joint ventures, air grievances, and (and this is the subject at hand) recruit new employees to replace those who have left, or were otherwise lost, over the last few years.

Thus, your interest in attending the Mercantile Council on Dukh. There are other jobs to be had, elsewhere in the sector, but none provides the job security - or compensation - available through one of the megacorporations. They control the shipping lanes, the most pomising resource fields, the vast majority of the region's jump ships, and the vast majority of its Credits. The duke, his family, or his allies control the boards of directors of each of the largest corporations, and those competing with the Duchal family's economic interests seem to experience certain...difficulties. Thus, the Council presents A Council occurs only once every four years - It's worth a look, even if you don't end up deciding to work for one of the monster corporations.

So far, you've made it to Daramm. Like many of the planet in this region of space, Daram is an Imperial world, but it is dominated by Luriani, both politically and culturally (The Archduke of the Gateway Region is traditionally a Luriani, reflecting the prevalence of the race in the area). Daramm is a major trade hub that would seem to have been a more appropriate location for the Council than the more remote Dukh, but instead, you were forced to secure passage on a Jump-3 capable ship. The berths on all appropriate vessels were sold out before you even arrived on Daramm, but fortune has smile upon you: A HiranuCorp-owned holovid station had sponsored a contest for talented individuals hoping for a trip to the Council. They offered, as prizes, 9 luxury staterooms, and 20 low berths on the HirabuCorp liner Keruuchan, leaving for Rukh in two weeks. You paid the Cr250 entry fee, submitted your resume, and waited. Now, two days before the ship is to leave for Dukh, you have been notified that you have talents that might be in demand at the Council, and that you are among the first-prize winners.

(May be some typos - If so I'll fix later, and add some more info. Let me know any thoughts or whether you have objections/suggestions.)

Douane

First Post
Maerdwyn,

concerning my PC:

I thought about 3 prior terms as a Scout (perhaps adding a fourth, depending on how the first 3 turn out).

The following is a bit cryptic to not spoil the fun to come:

Regarding the special incident in his background detail, it is probably better to have him already joined the Scout Corps previously due to his unusual interests when it happened, which caused him to delve even deeper into some more obscure assignments. (I found it more believable this way 'round, otherwise it would have happened almost a dozen of years before, which is probably a strain too big for any kind of believability. :) )

If you agree on this, could you roll for these 3 prior scout turns, please?

Thanks,

Folkert

Douane

First Post
Seonaid,

I don't know how much background on the Aslans you already have, but if you can use it I could probably dig something out of my old material for you.

Folkert

Watus

First Post
If you have room for another, I'd be interested.

I coincidentally ordered a copy of the ruleset just a few days ago, but haven't received it yet. I'm planning to run a campaign with my group sometime later in the year, but this sounds like an excellent way to waste time at work... er, I mean... well you know what I mean.

Actually, I've been chomping at the Traveller-bit for a while now, waiting for Quiklink to actually get their 2nd printing out there, and now that's it's on the way I'm incredibly impatient to play some Traveller. Incredibly. Impatient. This would be my first game on these boards, and, in fact, this will be my first post on these boards, but I read them obsessively, and have for quite some time.

Anyway, looking over the concepts of the others, it looks like most of the bases are covered: pilot, engineer, medic, leader, trader. Maybe an ex-Marine would be appropriate?

If you're a gambler, we could trust to the vagaries of the US Postal service and wait for my copy of the handbook to arrive. Otherwise, I'll need some help with the prior history...

Does that sound alright?

Maerdwyn

First Post
Douane said:
Maerdwyn,

If you agree on this, could you roll for these 3 prior scout turns, please?

Thanks,

Folkert
Will do - sorry slipped my mind earlier. I'll post tnoght so you can work on the character.

Ian

Remove ads