[ooc]Traveller T20 - Full

Douane

First Post
Maerdwyn said:
Will do - sorry slipped my mind earlier. I'll post tnoght so you can work on the character.

Ian

No problem! Please take your time, it's not like there's nothing else for me to do here.

[Crack of a whip in the background] "Yes, Master. ... Immediately, Master." ;)

Folkert

doghead

thotd
OK. Personal Data Link (MobilePhone/Palm/Personal Communicator type thingy?), Computer and W&A to come out of Cash.

I'm going to add +100% (cos its easy to spent imaginary money) to the price of the computer to represent getting a top quality high TL model (the benefit of that, if any, I'll leave up to you).

I'll rewrite the character sheet for readability before posting to the RG thread.

And the Big question: Did I get a Stateroom?

(hey, the nearest I ever got to a Stateroom was cleaning it!)

Douane

First Post
doghead said:
OK. Personal Data Link (MobilePhone/Palm/Personal Communicator type thingy?), Computer and W&A to come out of Cash.

I'm going to add +100% (cos its easy to spent imaginary money) to the price of the computer to represent getting a top quality high TL model (the benefit of that, if any, I'll leave up to you).

I'll rewrite the character sheet for readability before posting to the RG thread.

And the Big question: Did I get a Stateroom?

(hey, the nearest I ever got to a Stateroom was cleaning it!)

Doghead,

please don't take this wrong way, but while looking at your character I was wondering that you listed some skills at 10 ranks. Shouldn't the max be 8 (lvl 5 +3)?

And you are missing a feat it seems to me. You should get 3 at first level, 1 for 1st lvl, 1 for human and 1 for Bonusfeat merchant.

Folkert

doghead

thotd
Bu@@er.

Your right about the skills. Thanks for the heads up on that and the feats. I always get the feats mixed up. Usually I have too many.

Hey, now I can take Profession (Computer Something) and get a free computer!

Maerdwyn

First Post
Douane said:
Watus,

welcome to both game and the EN Boards!

:)

Folkert
Seconded! :D

Sorry - would have posted earlier, but real life (dinner) intervened.

Watus, either way you'd like to do it is fine. I don't at all mind helping, but also don't mind waiting a few days if you want to wait for your book - in that case just post what you can w/o prior history. Welcome aboard!

Douane-

Term 1: Your first few years as a scout are somehwat uneventful (Basic Training, then a (Duty Roll=10, Survival=9 vs DC4) Routine assignment, but you make the most of it. Time = 4 Years. +5000Xp

Term 2: You reenlist (18vsDC2), and to your surprise, are sent on a (Duty Roll=18) Special Mission (we'll discuss by email), which you complete successfully (Survival = 14 vs DC 8, XP Bonus= 12 vs DC6)
Time = 4 years + 7000XP

Term 3: This time, you think about leaving the scouts but decide to stay on (2 Vs DC2). Your Mission (Duty=15) this time is slightly less sensitive, but you complete it, competently ( 20 vs Survival DC 6, 2 vs XP Bonus DC 6)
Time = 4 years + 4000Xp

Let me know if you'd like to continue or to muster out.

Everyone-
Now that we have a full group, how do we want to handle in-game posts?
As I said in the first post, I was thinking of three imes a week (for major posts), and was thinking Monday, Wednesday, Friday, with responses hopefully in 24 hours (except after Friday posts, which could be responded to any time that weekend. Thoughts?

Ian

Seonaid

Explorer
Coupla things.

Watus: Welcome! Great to have you.

Douane: Anything you want to take the time to type up would be appreciated. If I'm the only Aslan in the party, I can kind of make it up as I go along (based solely on what our esteemed GM has posted and on what sad little I remember), but it would be nice to be able to base it in reality. :)

Maerdwyn (and anyone else who needs this): Someone on the boards told me that his email is bounced by AOL. If you have that problem, you can email me at ems250 AT psu DOT edu. It gets forwarded to my AOL. I'm not sure how long that account will last (probably until early February), but if you want, you can do that.

On background: Was this lottery based on giving them your money and then an evaluation of your skillset? If not, I'd need a damn good reason to do it . . . Of course, I guess that's part of my personal history, huh . . . :) Speaking of which, would you please assign us cabins and roommates, if applicable? It would be interesting to add that to my history. Or is that the first part of the campaign?

Seonaid

Explorer
Thoughts on posting:

I don't have a regular schedule. I check my email every day, sometimes many many many times a day and many many many times an hour. I respond to posts within a day, unless life is being really crazy. If I don't think the post merits a response from me, I ignore it unless it's from the GM. If it's from the GM, I usually post something little like "X waits to see how the others respond." I also usually respond to any and all posts that might merit my attention.

Okay, I think that was semi-coherent. It's been a long day (and it's not even over yet!). I guess my short answer is, whatever sounds good to me. :) I do tend to lose track of a campaign if there are less than three posts a week, so I'd prefer more than that.

Maerdwyn

First Post
doghead said:
Bu@@er.

Your right about the skills. Thanks for the heads up on that and the feats. I always get the feats mixed up. Usually I have too many.

Hey, now I can take Profession (Computer Something) and get a free computer!
Hey, I said "probably" :)p)

Maerdwyn

First Post
Seonaid said:
On background: Was this lottery based on giving them your money and then an evaluation of your skillset? If not, I'd need a damn good reason to do it . . . Of course, I guess that's part of my personal history, huh . . . :) Speaking of which, would you please assign us cabins and roommates, if applicable? It would be interesting to add that to my history. Or is that the first part of the campaign?
Yup - it's more like a talent search than a lottery - someone found out about your avanced degrees and pointed you towards the contest.

As to the next next question, short answer is "Still workin' on it." ;)

Last edited:

Maerdwyn

First Post
Seonaid said:
Thoughts on posting:
<snip>
No objections to posting more frequently here :) Just want to make sure whatever we set up is feasible for everyone involved.

More comments, please!
Thanks,
Ian

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases