[ooc]Traveller T20 - Full

Wilphe

Adventurer
Ok, I have the T20 book, and I've never played any varient of Traveller. Though my Igorish tendencies have lead me to buy about 8 of the reissued GURPS stuff.

Toying with a Noble, but trying to find a niche.

Douane

First Post
I've been thinking a bit on this and would like to go with 3 (possibly) 4 prior terms.

A question, though:
Classes marked with an (S) are service classes, which mean that while a member of that class, you serve full time in that group. These an only be taken during prior service (adventures would get prety dull if you were the only member of the group who owed full time service to the Army, and therefore couldn't adventure) and you must complete at least one term of your prior service before switching classes. OTOH, you must multiclass to another (non-service) class before beginning play.

Does this apply to scouts, too? (Especially since they can continue to take scout levels even while not on active duty.)

If so, I'm thinking of 3 Scout terms and 1 Traveller or Rogue to account for the time he's been "on the run". (Don't know which of the last two fits that concept better.)

Thanks,

Folkert

Wilphe

Adventurer
Currently you seem to have:

Tonguez: Technician/Scientist type
Seonald: Aslan medic guy.
Doghead: Human Merchant.
Douane: Vargr scout.

Wilphe

Adventurer
Stats:

Well that started good then tailed off a bit...

http://www14.brinkster.com/nadaka/experiments/DiceboxSearch.asp?FindValue=Wilphe&SearchFor=UserName

(And why are there only half of them there?)

Ruzz'koff
Vargr Noble 1 / Navy 4
STR 8 -> 6
DEX 12 -> 14
CON 9 ->7
INT 15 ->16 (Stat advancement)
WIS 7
CHA 12
EDU 13
SOC 17

Edit:
Had to swap CON & DEX to meet the Navy Dex Requiremnt.

Prestige: 4

Speed 12 m
+2 Search
+1 Spot
+1 BAB unarmed

Funds: 5,000
Stamina: 6
(Why did I roll that?)

Feats:

Armour Proficiency - Light
AP - Vacc Suit
Weapon Proficiency - Marksman
WP - Swordsman
WP - Laser
Trust Fund (3400 CR / month)

+2 Bonus Navy Feets
+ 1 Level 3 Feet

Skills:
6+2 = 8 x 4 = 32 (Noble 1)
+ 3 x 8 + 1 x 9= 33 (Navy 2-5)

Leader 8
Gather Information 4
Bluff 4
Appraise 4
Liason 4
Bribery 4
Knowledge - Politics 4
Craft - Gun Smithing 4
T / Engineering 5
T / Astrogation 5
T / Communication 5
T / Sensors 5
Recruiting 5
Navigation 1
Survival 1
Gunnery 1
P / Administration 1

Last edited:

Maerdwyn

First Post
Hi Wilphe - you're in (Just need one more!):)

Vargr Noble sounds good.
Edit:you posted while I typed.:)

Douane -
Scouts are an exception, and may continue to advance in that class. Why the other service classes have table that go all the way up to level 20 I'm not sure (maybe NPCs?), but the book says, "Since a character can only gain levels in a service class (the one exception being Scouts) while active in Prior History in an appropriate career, the character will need to select another class to multiclass into upon mustering out." Scouts may continue progressing normally in the class, but muster out of the profession at the end of Prior Service normally. Scouts may be called back to service at any time in their service or adventuring careers.

So, you can do either a Scout 3/Traveller 1 (or Rogue 1 - either works well for that concept, BTW. Traveller has a slightly broader skill selection and more skill points. Rogues have a few more social skills as opposed to piloting skills. I'll post a class skill table or or maybe email it to you (posting that much info is probably okay amongst a single group of gamers lke us, but probably not posted for the world.) as soon as I can.

Thanks,
Ian

Last edited:

Wilphe

Adventurer
Thanks, let's see if I'm doing this right.
(At least they fixed it so you can no longer die in character creation - I hope)

Bachelor's Program
Admission Int Check +2 v DC 22-13 = 9
Roll 8 = Success

Graduation:
Same base
Roll 14 = Pass

Honours:
Int Check +2 v 28-13 = 15
Roll 12 = Fail (just)

Time taken - 3 years. 3000 xp

OTC - Navy

Int v DC 12
Roll: 17 = Pass

1000 xp, join Navy as Ensign

Wilphe

Adventurer
Dah, re-read rules, make my head hurt.

Right, he can take a increase his chances of Decoration, Commission and XP Bonus by increasing surival DC. He can't fail at the moment, and he is a Vargr, so if he takes one extra level risk the worst he can do is tie his surivival check.

Navy - Term 1 (Years 4-7)

Duty 14 - Patrol

Survival: Int 2 v 2+1

Roll 1

Which is, now I've worked things out, exact DC. So 4000 xp + 1000 xp and a Purple Heart.

Last edited:

Wilphe

Adventurer
Commission DC doesn't apply.

Promotion:
Edu + 1 v DC 8 (+2 For Officer) = 10

Roll 14 = Success.

1000 xp and now 02 Lieutenant

Decoration:

Flat D20 v DC19 - 1 = 18

Roll 12 = Failure.

Xp Bonus:

Flat D20 v DC6 -1 = 5
Roll 20.
(Couldn't have got that last time could I? No.)
Pass.

1d4 x 1000 xp
Roll 4
4000 xp.

Remove ads