[ooc]Traveller T20 - Full

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Maerdwyn said:
Cool. You may want to think about more than one term in one of the categories, as the mustering out benefits improve based on how long you've been in the profession, rather than upon your ultimate character level. If you only do one term of Navy, for example, half of that term is basic training, and your experience points are limited to 1000 (vs a potential 5,000 or more for two terms), chances for decoration reduced, etc.

Then its Two Navy terms/one Belter (so whats the Class abilities of a Belter anyway?) and if I get more than one level to play with do I have to make it more Navy than Belter in line with the History or could I do say Navy1/ Belter 3 inspite of having more Naval Training?

Maerdwyn

First Post
Tonguez said:
Then its Two Navy terms/one Belter (so whats the Class abilities of a Belter anyway?) and if I get more than one level to play with do I have to make it more Navy than Belter in line with the History or could I do say Navy1/ Belter 3 inspite of having more Naval Training?
You could say your navy duty included some deep space work like guarding a mining operation, etc. So Nvy1/Blt3 would be fine. Also, see my retraction of the post you quoted above - I was incorrect about that, so if you want to change back, that would be fine too.

I'm working on a chart with all the class skills and feats sorted by class. I'll email it soon. Can everyone read an Excel spread sheet, or is there a better format (can't do .pdf, AFAIK)

Last edited:

Wilphe

Adventurer
So long as it's not just my head that hurts...

Do you want us to roll randomly for home planet or pick something appropriate?

He'll probably be from somewhere fairly developed and high tech - former Vilani world conquered by Vargr and who then submitted and retained thier position when the Imperium retook the world.

Any idea on starting place yet?

And starting date is 1000 I believe?

doghead

thotd
OK. Finished the character, head hurts, vision is blurry. I just updated the alpha version. You can see it here:

http://www.enworld.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1147452&postcount=18

The division of the old Traveller "Skills" into Skills and Feats is a little awkward, I found, as is the use of Edu as an Attribute. ie Navigation (Edu) - your skill level is your "education" in the area. How having a PhD in Economics, for example, would help is beyond me. Anyway, I'm just grumpy cos my Edu doesn't give me bonuses (but my Int would).

I'll work on equipment later.

Cheers.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Maerdwyn said:
You could say your navy duty included some deep space work like guarding a mining operation, etc. So Nvy1/Blt3 would be fine. Also, see my retraction of the post you quoted above - I was incorrect about that, so if you want to change back, that would be fine too.

I'm working on a chart with all the class skills and feats sorted by class. I'll email it soon. Can everyone read an Excel spread sheet, or is there a better format (can't do .pdf, AFAIK)

Nah I stay with 2 Terms Navy/1 Belter and see what happens:D

Also Excels fine with me but if you want to do PDf then find PDF995
here
its a free download that lets you convert documents to PDF. Basically you click print and instead of selecting the printer you select PDF and the rest is done for you - simple.

Seonaid

Explorer
Okay, I'm at work and too busy to figure it all out, so I'll let you, Mr. I-Love-Doing-Everything-For-You. :D

I basically wanted to end up with a PhD in something that allows me to become a professional medic. That's done. Now I also want to be able to take the xeno-medicine (or whatever it's called) feat, so I need some sort of history term that will explain that. I figure doing post-doc or getting another doctorate would do.

So, I need at least one more term of academics. I have one term of traveller, since I didn't get into grad school right away. I will be starting the campaign hopefully with one level of professional (medic), presumably acting as the medic for our ship.

Does that make sense/help? :-\

Douane

First Post
Maerdwyn,

finally got that email on the way.

Unfortunately I don't have excel. :( (But perhaps I don't need it, as I have the class skills of the scout from the preview and descriptions of allmost all feats I'm interested in.)

"I'm a historian, not a statistican, Jim." ;)

Folkert

Maerdwyn

First Post
We'll be starting off in Gateway Domain of the Imperium in the year 991. Specific sector and planets to follow, but wanted give you what I could. Short version for those of you working on backgrounds (I am using the Gateway to Destiny sourcebook, so if you have not read it yet, I would ask that you refrain from doing so, for at least a while into the campaign, when I'm sure I'll be diverging from ):

Gateway Domain lies on the edge of Imperium space, between two rifts, and bordered on the far trailing side by two empires: the Hive (fairly minor, but also not quite trusted by the Imperium) and the 2000 Worlds, ruled by the K'Kree (a fierce vegetarian race convinced all meat eaters must be eradicated).

Trade within the domain is dominated by a number of megacorps, which are either directly or indirectly under the control of Archduke Nells. There are a few minor competitors, but these are constantly being put out of business by the larger companies.

The Solomani Rim War began last year, and it is drawing Naval forces away from the sector, where they had been mainly used to protect trade routes, making for a slight increase in piracy.

More detail later, along with a pdf of class skills and feats using the spiffy program Tonguez pointed me towards.

Remove ads