[ooc]Traveller T20 - Full

Maerdwyn

First Post
Tonguez - Here's your Prior History barebones:

Term1
You enlist in the Navy and finish basic training after 2 years , and immediately ship out for Strike duty against pirate enclaves on the fringes of the Empire. It's rough duty, but you manage to make it through unscathed and are promoted to Space Hand.

6000xp, Rank=E2. 4 Years.

Term2
Your Strike duty continues after you reenlist, but after a relatively quiet period (which allows pursuit of your own interests, such as Belting), you are involved in a pitched battle. You distiguish yourself in battle, earning a Field Commission to Ensign, as well as a Meritorious Conduct Under Fire medal. You muster out of the Navy, pleased with your record, but wanting to pursue other interests without being called away to battle.

8000XP, Rank O1. 4 years. Mustering out with 5000Cr and +1 Int.

Term3
You hook up with a small crew doing rather uneventful deep space mining work.

4000XP. 4 Years. Muster out with a Low Passage voucher.
18000XP puts you at 6th level.

Maerdwyn

First Post
Seonaid said:
So, I need at least one more term of academics. I have one term of traveller, since I didn't get into grad school right away. I will be starting the campaign hopefully with one level of professional (medic), presumably acting as the medic for our ship.

Does that make sense/help? :-\

This time, you are admitted to your masters program easily (actually invited to it before you can even apply - Rolled a 20 :)). You complete your thesis in Xeno-Biology with Honors. You continue on with your work, and complete a slightly less remarkable, but acceptable doctoral dissertation.

4 years, Doctorate in Xeno-Biology (you should specify a race for your doctorate. the first time you take the feat should be for that race, but you may select any other race if you take the feat again.) 3500xp. +1Edu

The first adventure will deal with your current employment or lackthereof ;), though you can certainly take a level of Professional(Medic) or (Doctor) if you have a level to use on it.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Wow cool history - and fits in perfectly with the Character Concept too:D
So 12 years I guess puts me in the early thirties (say 31), seen some combat, got my medal by juryrigging a downed ship and getting the injured crew out alive:p, could've advanced in the Navy but decided that my bones were getting a bit stiff and decided to take up the good life of dust and sweat in a mining crew.

Okay now awaiting the PDF to see what my abilities are...

(btw email: wairehuS@xtra.co.nz)

Maerdwyn said:
Tonguez - Here's your Prior History barebones:

Term1
You enlist in the Navy and finish basic training after 2 years , and immediately ship out for Strike duty against pirate enclaves on the fringes of the Empire. It's rough duty, but you manage to make it through unscathed and are promoted to Space Hand.

6000xp, Rank=E2. 4 Years.

Term2
Your Strike duty continues after you reenlist, but after a relatively quiet period (which allows pursuit of your own interests, such as Belting), you are involved in a pitched battle. You distiguish yourself in battle, earning a Field Commission to Ensign, as well as a Meritorious Conduct Under Fire medal. You muster out of the Navy, pleased with your record, but wanting to pursue other interests without being called away to battle.

8000XP, Rank O1. 4 years. Mustering out with 5000Cr and +1 Int.

Term3
You hook up with a small crew doing rather uneventful deep space mining work.

4000XP. 4 Years. Muster out with a Low Passage voucher.
18000XP puts you at 6th level.

Wilphe

Adventurer
Renlistment:

11 v DC6 = Pass

Term 2: Navy

Duty: 11 - Patrol (Again)

Take -3 Penalty to Surivival this time (He's getting reckless, but he's also smarter)

INT +3 v DC2 +3

Roll 3 = 6 Success 4000 xp

Promotion:
Edu +1 v DC8
Roll 12 = Pass 1000 xp. Lt Commander

Decoration
Flat v 19-3 = 16
Roll 19 = Pass
MCUF 2000 xp

XP - Bonus
Flat v DC 6-3 = 3
Roll 11 = Pass
Recieve 4000 XP

Renlistment 12
Success if I want it to be.

Gained 11,000 XP

Now XP Total 24,000 After 11 years, aged 29

Middle of Level 7 - gain 2 levels
Both Navy

Maerdwyn

First Post
Quick update - I hate Excel or Windows or whatever caused Excel to crash just as hit save after entering all the skills and classes. I'm starting over, but the pdf may not be ready until tomorrow. Sorry 'bout that.

Wilphe

Adventurer
Term 3: Navy

Duty 9 - Shore Duty

He's bored, take a -5 to survival roll
INT +3 v DC 2 +5 = 7
Roll 5 - Sucess (just)
4000 xp
Promotion:
EDU +1 +1 two terms v DC 8+2=10
Roll 6 fail

Decoration
Flat v DC20-5 = 15
Roll: 8 - fail

XP Bonus.

Flat v DC 8-5 = 3
Roll 15 = Pass
Recieve 3 = 3000 XP

Renlistment:
9 - He could stay on, but chooses not to after a very boring few years.

Total: 7000 XP gained over 4 years Age 33
Total XP 31,000 8th Level.

Mustering out benefits
3 terms
+2 for O3 Status

Which is:

10,000 + 10,000 + 50,000 credits
+1 INT
and a 1000 CR Weapon

Wilphe

Adventurer
Any joy on what you want us to do about Homeworld yet?

I was hoping to have him come from a backwater non-industrial world that chiefly devotes it's efforts to ranching and a little bit of primary resource extraction. Planet was conquered by some passing corsairs during the fall of the First Imperium who then settled down and submitted peacably during the Imperial expansion. Ruling class and nobility are mostly Vargr, most of the population are Vilani and the culture of each has tended to morph.

Is that satisfactory?

Seonaid

Explorer
Yeah, if you can roll me up a random name, that would be great. I probably won't use it as is, but it would give me a head-start, and I might use it. :) Thanks!

Remove ads