Build advice ettique

Poll: Should you ask for build advice in a stickied guide or in a new post?

Build advice ettique

When you're looking for advice on a specific character build that is single classed (or mostly so), is it better to create a new thread, or to ask it in an appropriate guide.

Putting it in a guide means everyone from now to the death of the edition will see it - which could be gold if you've got a unique build, or could be dross if you're covering details already covering in the guide.

Creating a new thread has the opposite - have as much conversation without spamming the permanent links, but anything new will be lost much quicker since it's not stickied. This doesn't stop a summary of "hey, I found X+Y to be a good combo" in a guide, but that's an extra step that may or may not happen.
    XP smbakeresq gave XP for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    When you're looking for advice on a specific character build that is single classed (or mostly so), is it better to create a new thread, or to ask it in an appropriate guide.

Putting it in a guide means everyone from now to the death of the edition will see it - which could be gold if you've got a unique build, or could be dross if you're covering details already covering in the guide.

Creating a new thread has the opposite - have as much conversation without spamming the permanent links, but anything new will be lost much quicker since it's not stickied. This doesn't stop a summary of "hey, I found X+Y to be a good combo" in a guide, but that's an extra step that may or may not happen.
    In the guide works for me. I check the guides all the time. Either works though, I try to help out and n builds as much as possible.

Etiquette or ethics?

Both work, but like in basketball when you aim between the rim and the board, the ball rebounds back to your hands.

Quick Reply Quick Reply