Book of Vile Darkness. Used it?

Clumsy Bob

First Post
Hi, in the near future I will be starting a new campaign. I am interested in using some content from the BOVD.
Have you used any? and if so do mind sharing you opinions and players reactions.

cheers

Bob

Crothian

First Post
Sure I've used it. THere are some really cool spells in there and we'vew gotten use out of a lot of them. The players had the reaction that I was expecting; it was a little gross at times but never over te top.

Wormwood

Adventurer
I cribbed some spells and tinkered with a couple of the prestige classes (for villains).

Aside from that, it's collecting dust.

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
Haven't used it yet, but I have a BBEG waiting in the wings that I will probably flesh out with some stuff from there.

Pants

First Post
Before 3.5, I used the Babau and the Bar'lgura demons. Many of the Villains I have statted out have some of the feats, several that I've used already have used some feats.
I've made extensive use of the BoVD, so I thought it was worth it.

maddman75

First Post
I've used a lot of the spells and worked up several villians with it. My players are conditioned to cringe and twitch whenever I reach for it...

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
I have used the spells and items extensively since the book first came out, plus the bar'lgura and shadow fiends. I normally include as least one BoVD spell on the spell list of any evil cleric and vile damage is almost a staple of any encounter involving evil clerics or their sites. I also like the corrupted template, particularly in conjunction with the feral template from Savage Species.

Cheers
D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases