For the good of video games, Anthem needs to fail hard

Anthem, the generic shooter/Destiny clone made by the once-great but now-awful Bioware, needs to fail for the good of all video games moving forward. EA's future is hinging entirely on this game's success. EA's blatant anti-consumer practices, its fetish for microtransactions, loot boxes, always-online play even for single player, and many other sins, must end. Fortunately the utter failure of Star Wars: Battlefront II has eroded consumer trust in EA more than ever, and it is on its last leg. It's time for Anthem to fail so we can sweep the other leg, destroy EA for good, and send a message to other AAA gaming publishers, who have slowly but surely adopted all the anti-consumer garbage that EA pioneered, that these practices are unacceptable.

Last edited:

You're also not going to play Anthem because it's going to be a boring, generic, copycat piece o' garbage. With 3 million microtransactions and loot boxes. Which is the reason it needs to fail and take down EA and Corrupted Bioware along with it.

Ryujin

Legend
If you add in, "... and selling a game that isn't complete without pay-for DLC", you sound just like a friend of mine.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Then you shouldn't be in this thread to begin with. Go on, get out.

EN World does not have a notion of thread ownership that supports you telling people where or what they can post.

We understand you may feel strongly about this topic, but that doesn't entitle you to editorial control of the thread. If you're not prepared for the highly varied responses that discussion in public will yield, this thread is apt to be a massive disappointment for you.

ccs

41st lv DM
Then you shouldn't be in this thread to begin with. Go on, get out.

Hey, I'm just a mercenary who offered their services to your cause.

But if this is how you're going to be, then you know what? Just for you, I'm going to play this game when it comes out. And I'm going to get 5 friends to play it as well.

Remove ads