[AU]Vale of Shadows [IC]

Haradoth mutters a drawn out curse while contemplating the value of tossing a spear into the Desgrave's heart before being drawn and quarted by the noble's guard. Instead, he pushes the spear case between his knees while making a show of placing his hands above the table and continuing with his meal.

GPEKO

First Post
Just before entering the caravanserai, while looking at the people erecting as tent, Rupert goes through his usual routine. He mutters some weird words and traces runes of water and air. A damp breeze passes through him and he then notes with satisfaction that his clothes are clean, free of the mud of the road. *uses Hygiene -- spell slot left 2/1* He then enters the establishement.

dead_radish said:
The guard that just entered bangs his longspear on the ground to draw attention, then announces in a commanding voice "Stow all weapons, rise to your feet. Margrave Korstel approaches, and will speak to you."

So this is who was following me... Rupert turns toward the guard and make a mockery of a military salute. He then barely contains the smirk that appears on his face.

Inez Hull

First Post
Kyraelis intones a quick prayer to Sarsitis under his breath and his eyes stray to the seated soldiers of the Desgrave, watching intently for their reaction. He stills his mind with a deep breath and sends his consciousness down a mnemonic pathway, probing for recognition of the livery of either the Desgrave or Margrave's men, and relations between the two.

[Knowledge (Nobility/Courtesy) check]

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
dead_radish said:
Rowlth eats his meal quietly, noticing that it is full of the spice that the people in the area seem to prefer, masking the true taste of the game. He suspects that it is rabbit, but it was not identified by the server. His eyes are drawn, with all others, to the front door when it opens again, revealing a human who steps in, looking over his shoulder. Just at the edge of sight, Rowlth notes activity as people seem to be erecting a tent of some sort....
----Actions?

Ice Cat preserve us, you can't even enjoy a meal in these parts, without being interrupted anymore. Rowlth silently notes the battle claw in the seat beside him, that he removed to eat. Wonder what this human wants, and why he fears from his subjects? Rowlth then slowly rises to his feet, while thinking I should have pitched my tent, the night would have been much quiter.

Mirth

Explorer
Slowly taking another bite, Xen casually chews his food as he dusts his black trousers with the back of his blood-red hand and stands. The champion pulls his cloak around him in a decidedly nonchalant manner and watches proceedings with feigned indifference (but actual curiosity).

OOC: Sorry, dr. RL is eating up my time currently.

dead_radish

Explorer
After the guard's announcement, there is a general mutter of resentment in the room, but most of the people do rise, keeping hands away from weapons. There is a group of 3 litorians who have just come down the stairs as the announcement is made. The 3 of them snarl, and purposefully walk down the stairs, and take seats. The guard merely nods at them.

Several other guards approach behind the first, and fill out the room. There is a extremely well dressed man behind them (People with k(nobility) will recognize the Margrave's livery) who is approaching.

The guards select several people that have not risen (including the mojh), and stare at them.

To Haradoth: "You will rise, lizard, in the presence of the Margrave." Haradoth notices the man is missing a tooth, and has a nose that has clearly been broken a number of times.

The first guard approaches Rupert. "I enjoyed your salute, boy. I have one of my own." Quicker than Rupert expects, the butt of the longspear flashes up, catching him firmly in the crotch. His runic armor cushions the blow slightly, but not nearly enough. He staggers, but remains on his feet (ooc: successful attack roll, successful fortitude save vs. pain), though his eyes water.

The Margrave then steps in, accompanied by an attractive blond woman with a piercing gaze, and a leather bag in hand.

Actions? (Sit and wait is an acceptable answer).

rangerjohn

Explorer
dead_radish said:
After the guard's announcement, there is a general mutter of resentment in the room, but most of the people do rise, keeping hands away from weapons. There is a group of 3 litorians who have just come down the stairs as the announcement is made. The 3 of them snarl, and purposefully walk down the stairs, and take seats. The guard merely nods at them.

Several other guards approach behind the first, and fill out the room. There is a extremely well dressed man behind them (People with k(nobility) will recognize the Margrave's livery) who is approaching.

The guards select several people that have not risen (including the mojh), and stare at them.

To Haradoth: "You will rise, lizard, in the presence of the Margrave." Haradoth notices the man is missing a tooth, and has a nose that has clearly been broken a number of times.

The first guard approaches Rupert. "I enjoyed your salute, boy. I have one of my own." Quicker than Rupert expects, the butt of the longspear flashes up, catching him firmly in the crotch. His runic armor cushions the blow slightly, but not nearly enough. He staggers, but remains on his feet (ooc: successful attack roll, successful fortitude save vs. pain), though his eyes water.

The Margrave then steps in, accompanied by an attractive blond woman with a piercing gaze, and a leather bag in hand.

Actions? (Sit and wait is an acceptable answer).

Rowlth thinks Bullies! As he eyes his battle claw, still not sure of these humans. He notices that his fellow Litorians also appear to have little respect for this man.

Inez Hull

First Post
Ar-Pharos said:
"So, little one, who is this Margrave Korstel? What can we expect from him?"

Kyraelis whispers to his giant companion, "One to be wary of, a grasper and a maggot. That much I recall, but little in the way of specifics are within in my current loci."

Remove ads