What's a good high-charisma build? Or, can Bards be useful?

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Al said:
The infamous paladin1/telepathX is an exceptional build for high Charisma characters. Not only is the telepath one of the best Charisma-build classes out there (combining one of the best sets of powers and a decent set of Charisma-based skills), adding paladin pushes it over the top. Not only do you gain your (maxed out) Charisma modifier to saves, you gain full armour and shield proficiency, which blends well with the psion's ability to manifest powers whilst armoured.

If we're talking 3.5, make that paladin2/telepath(X-1), your divine grace isn't yours.

Thanee

First Post
Psionics in 3.5? I wouldn't touch that unless they revised the WHOLE book! ;)

That's easily one of the worst 3E products (Psionic Handbook).

Bye
Thanee

Darklone

One level cleric is enough for a bard, allows you to focus your spells on something else but healing and you can pick Divine Might.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Darklone said:
One level cleric is enough for a bard, allows you to focus your spells on something else but healing and you can pick Divine Might.

Beat me to it. I'm a big fan of Divine Might.

-Hyp.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
The Souljourner said:
The Bard spell list is pretty decent, as long as you're not looking for direct damage spells. Some buffs, a ton of enchantments... tasha's hideous laughter is almost like old school hold person.

Fanfare!

-Hyp.

ConcreteBuddha

First Post
Forgive me, for I have sinned:

I played 3.5 with a newbie DM and a newbie group. They were playing barbarians and fighters and clerics and lots o' damage dealing characters.

My character was a half-elven bard.

I had a +19 to Diplomacy checks by level 2.

:)

P.S. I was going to take one level of mindbender as well for the telepathy power. Oh, I am such an evil, evil munchkin.

Zaruthustran

The tingling means it’s working!
ConcreteBuddha said:
Forgive me, for I have sinned:

I played 3.5 with a newbie DM and a newbie group. They were playing barbarians and fighters and clerics and lots o' damage dealing characters.

My character was a half-elven bard.

I had a +19 to Diplomacy checks by level 2.

:)

P.S. I was going to take one level of mindbender as well for the telepathy power. Oh, I am such an evil, evil munchkin.

So was this how you got +19?

+4 from Cha 18
+2 from half elf
+5 from ranks
+2 from negotiator
+2 bluff synergy
+2 knowledge: nobility synergy
+2 sense motive synergy
= +19

Whoa. You can, like, talk good. But what's your role in combat?

-z

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Zaruthustran said:
Whoa. You can, like, talk good. But what's your role in combat?

Talking the enemy out of attacking the party.

And there is Roleplay out of combat, you know. It's perfectly OK to create a character that completely sucks at combat. (Unless he's a Fighter/Rogue/Blackguard, but it has been known to happen :D) It might not be appropriate for every gaming group (so no Rokugani Courtier in a Diablo 2-goes-D&D campaign), but it can work.

Remove ads