Does Undetectable Alignment shield a Cleric's Aura against Detect Good/Evil?

Thanee

First Post
I'd say yes, as it is the whole point of the spell.

EDIT: Of course, I meant no... :rolleyes: Or more precise, I meant... Yes, Undedectable Alignment protects against these spells! (mixed that up, sorry! :))

The Aura ability just makes a cleric register as more powerful than a mundane person. If he doesn't register at all, this is a moot point.

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

Kai Lord

Hero
Thanee said:
I'd say yes, as it is the whole point of the spell.

The Aura ability just makes a cleric register as more powerful than a mundane person. If he doesn't register at all, this is a moot point.
Undetectable Alignment states the spell "conceals the alignment of a creature from all forms of divination."

If a spellcaster casts Detect Good and he sees any aura at all from you, then he's detected half your alignment (the moral half). Then if he casts Detect Law and you're Lawful Good, bam, now he knows the other half of your alignment and your entire alignment has been revealed through a form of divination, which Undetectable Alignment states it shields from.

Unless detecting half your alignment at a time is supposed to be a way around it.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
I say you can't detect good/evil/law/chaos a character which is subject to undetectable alignment. If it weren't so, the spell would be useless (I can't think of another spell - except the divine true seeing - that detects alignments).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases