(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 4 (thread 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalanyr

Explorer
We also restore Xaene's missing head and in case you missed it resurrect Zuggtmoy.

Can Acerak still undergo his Apotheosis?

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
All those who participated actively in the War and survived it gain 4 levels.

However, this Turn is not over.

- - -

The Flanaess, is not what it was.
The Flanaess, is a place of smoke.
The Flanaess, is a place of ruins and ashes.

Crops lie flat on the ground, blown down.
Crops stand, burned into charred husks.

Trees stand, branches shattered, stark against the sky.
Forests lay blown down, or burned, or both.
Smoke still rises from the ruins of cities.
In some places, cities are gone with no trace that they were ever there.

People by the millions await clerical healing, their heads swathed in bandages, ruined eyes covered.
Millions more lay in bed, sometimes screaming in pain, from battle wounds, or from flying debris, or from burns.

Across the Flanaess, an awful smell permeates everywhere ... the smell of rotting corpses.
Millions of bodies lay where they fell, and the manpower to bury them simply does not exist at this time - nor can it be summoned or otherwise achieved.

All the population still unwounded and on it's feet is working.
No exceptions.
Working on little water and less food.
Working to save those who are dying.
Working to rebuild shelter.
Working to rebuild vital roads.
Working to get what remains of the crop in.

There are isolated pockets of semi-normalcy.

The Lortmil Technomancy.
Ket.
Sterich.
The Hold of the Sea Princes.
Part of Adri Forest.
Part of western Ahlissa.
The Lendore Isles.
Ishtarland.
Erypt
Suhfang.
Varnaith.

There, life has not been reduced to a desperate struggle for survival.

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
what unharmed crops that exist in the DU are used to assist those elsewhere in our territories. The armies still in the Tilvanot Peninsula will get to work, trying to assist the wounded and hungry in any way they can. The 100PL force in Hemponaland is still trying to reach the Yuan-ti Empire, and begin producing crops from there (kalanyr abondoned it right?)

Forrester

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
Heedless of the situation behind them in the Flanaess, the Torilians go to war in Hempmonaland.
They are taking on forces entrenched in a tropical rainforest, who have had decades to prepare for this, and who know the land.
Of course, the Torilians come from a tropical land themselves, but THIS tropical land is not a paradise.
It is a deathtrap.

. . .

Acererak, his Undead Minions, and his Scarlet Brotherhood allies are completely overmatched, so they are resorting to guerilla tactics, which in this maze of swamp and jungle are easily accomplished.
It turns into a very nasty war, with hard deeds and harder death on both sides, where the front line could be well behind you, and death lurks around every tree trunk.

First of all, in another post you said that I lost 300PL of forces. That is, I did, or I did in combination with other forces in the Flaeness.

I choose the latter. My people are heroic, and it was my forces and my magic that did the most to eliminate the 300PL force of the City of the Gods. Half of the robots died pretty quickly to the uber-sandstorm + antimatter bombs, but the other half had to be brought down by force.

But our soldiers aren't jumping in front of other soldiers of other nations to take the hits -- with the sole exception of the war against the demons. We were there by their side, helping in each battle, and probably doing most of the killing, but they took as many losses as we did. (They're easier to kill, for one thing.)

And we went relatively unscathed by the random missiles landing everywhere -- for one thing, all of our troops were grouped in one place. For another, my first priority was directing the missiles away from my troops.

I'm not selfish, but I'm not stupid, and there is no reason that the UC should bear ALL of the losses against the robots.

And should I have 300PL taken away from me, I want to know how much I lost in each battle, because I just don't see it. The math just doesn't add up. I was always hitting as hard as I was getting hit, or harder, and in each case I outnumbered my foe, sometimes grossly. Meaning that they had far less opportunity to get their smacks in.

Regardless, even if I have only 300PL left, and 150PL is attacking Acererak, that leaves 150PL to help fight the fires and feed the people. And there's probably much more.

But a minimum of 150PL.

"Heedless of the situation", Edena? I'm insulted, IC and OOC. How many other nations are lending 150PL to rebuilding Toril? Tell me. And yes, I will use my climate-altering abilities (not used this turn) to control the weather such that there is a lot of rain pouring down over Oerth these days. Starting in Lyrn and the other lands of Uvenelei, and moving east.

-----
Second of all, don't tell me that a guerilla war against my forces is "Easily Accomplished", because it's not.

It would be, perhaps, but I have 10th level magic. And 10th level scrying. And I know where they are hiding, I know where the ambushes are, and through mind-reading I know what many of their plans are.

We can't necessarily track down Acererak yet, unless he shows himself. Fine. But everyone else, dies.

Are you REALLY saying that they can hide from such an overwhelming force, who is getting help from the Yuan-Ti, for an entire MONTH??!!

Two hours to kill 300PL of robots, a month to kill 40PL of primitives who can't hide from me. *sigh*

Another note -- I realize there are many, many, many mages working on something spooky for Acererak. Tracking them down, and capturing them/eliminating them if necessary is one of my primary goals. They can't hide from me for long. I can travel to any pocket dimension that they can duck into.

Finally, I use my 10th level magic abilities to determine what is happening regarding the temperature drop. If it is an effect caused by the equivalent of 9th level magic, I counterspell it using my 10th level magical abilities, as per the rules. And I want to know what it is.

Forrester

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Add an image of Zuggtmoy to the statue then. Ouch that battle put the hurting on my PL.

Sprry Forrester- The Yuan-ti withdrew I am putting my entire (non-advancement) PL into aiding the people of the Flaaness at the moment.

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
Across the Flanaess, an awful smell permeates everywhere ... the smell of rotting corpses.
Millions of bodies lay where they fell, and the manpower to bury them simply does not exist at this time - nor can it be summoned or otherwise achieved.

But they can still be animated. The clerics and wizards of the Dark Union animate as many corpses as possible and put them to work in the reconstruction.

The God Emperor and a team of highly skilled artificers start production of an artifact of food conjuration. Something similar to a decanter of endless water but much larger (with a 30 foot opening) and for nutritious food instead of water. If the food is properly distributed it should be able to feed millions.
If neccessary he casts a few miracles to aid. If such an artifact require 10th level magics I recommend Kalanyr or Forrester to try something similar.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases