(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 4 (thread 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question.

Here a question from the silent player this IR.
Since there was no room for me on Kal's mountain. I'd really really REALLY like to know where the hell I've been last month...?

If it's still in the Underdark I'm interested in how dead I am..... (red goo **HINT**). Since I found it out really really late I didn't fit on I'm at a loss where the hell I am and when I read about the underdark being one pool of red goo I thought like.. hmm...... nice..........................................

So where the hell am I? Still underdark (I presume)? And so yes how badly am I screwed for being up to my neck in red goo for a month and not knowing I was and the big question is what the hell is going to happen to me as a result of that and did it interfere with what I was doing down there then....?
Hmm this doesn't seem to fit into my plan but heck.. it's a GIR.... It's all about how well can I improvise and the best way to improvise is with the most distance you have from the problem and the most time you've got. I totally wasted turn 3 since I just sat there with 120 PL and I really hate that I just wasted a turn but heckk.. if I hadn't and we would have gotten attacked all 3 underdark players would have died without even a blink of an eye.

So let me know where I stand.....I've got an Idea about what I'm gonna do...... and I think there's just gonna be 1 person who is not going to be happy with that.

Edena, 1 little more question. Are there any nukes left in the CotG? If so I will accuire one with Vaeregoth, more if possible. If not well she'll just have a nice excursion. A look around and a ticket home will all she will have then.

Kalanyr I have to ask you a few things. They all are based around 2 things. 1 peace, 2 a debt you ow me. I won't ever go to war about the debt but just about the manner you have about 3 rounds of protection and the blood shed to allow you to ascend to the level of power you have now. Now the drow have gone up into the light and I think Festy will follow I have my things to take care of and I was hoping you would not let me down and help me take care of some things that in the end will bring peace. Peace in my way, and someones going to knotch over it because he's most definatelty gonna get his ass kicked if it's going the way I want it, and you bet I'm gonna do all I can to have it MY WAY. Some I do not trust, some I do not care for, some might not even know me. But one thing is that I do not fear anyone or anything for there is nothing to be feared if all you do is for the greater glory of the swarm. Live or die, for the Swarm.

I have been watching, observing. If you have your conference I will just be there briefly for there is not much I want to say. I have watched and learned and all I thought that would happen happend except for 1 thing and that surprises me. I thought edena was ruthless enough to do what he said was so. The city of the gods didn't want to destroy oerth but their PRIMARY OBJECTIVE WAS TO SURVIVE. And if hard pressed I expected NUKES and lot's of them to make their survival a fact. But that didn't happen, so that was the first thing I was wrong about, good for you all.

One thing we must NOT forget that is someone with 5 PL and his 10 PL+ worth of NPC's is sitting on a dark plane waiting to anoy someone with this 15 PL worth if he get's the chance. DO NOT FOR GET MELKOR, DO NOT FORGET RIALTHO, for they will be sceming untill every last shade and BB person will be exterminated. Never dismiss what mayhem they can cause from a very unexpected corner on a not so convenient moment.

The swarms will rest in greyspace and in the underdark (I presume) this turn. We will start forging weapons and armor from the red go so we can start using it at the start of turn 5 for our FULL ARMY. Only Kalanyr will know about this and only if he scries or just asks for it and the ones who he will tell offcourse.

The swarms will send someone to attend the convention.

The swarms will remain neutral as they have been the whole IR unless pressed otherwise.

The swarms await a meeting with lord Kalanyr about the topics stated above.

The swarms are glad forrester is leaving with his army and hopes the angels do the same, go meddle in your own problems and affairs so we can get our own problems solved and in order.

The swarms are actively searching where the hell that rat of a Anabstercorian went with his forces. The swarms want to know where the hell this slimy basterd went. He is supposed to be ultimate evil with the solistraim but he just has proven himself a weak character who is reluctant to show himself and battle in the open and show himself out. He is to reluctant to choose sides until there appears a winner from the fray and allies himself with him and you bet ya he will betray him the second someone grows more powerfull. Kalanyr will be appoached by that snake the second Forrester leaves with his tech and might. The swarms urge you to know your enemy and to never ever trust that mindflayers but he worships Ilsensine liek no other so know that his only and ultimate goal is to rule over all the planes and to have mindflayers rule supreme and the rest of the races be no more that just cattle and so he can feast upon the most delicious and specialy bred brains from this cattle. And know that this cattle is you, what ever he might say promise or do. This is his ultimate goal. Remember this always for now or in a couple of thousands of years this will be he goal. Never shall he desire another thing unless he is destroyed and destroyed again.

The swarms send a taskmaster and a unseelie representative to each and every faction and nation except the solistraim to get updates on their satus situation and what the hell actually happend up there this month.
I hope for personal answers from each individual player by post or mail.

The battles were great, great powers fell and arose above the trouble. Choises were made and people finally accepted there destiny and faced it. People here have earned my respect. Far not all but some have. Vaeregoth is content by the things that have evolved from the conflict. Now their big friend is gone I am very anxious to see how some will do now there are ful in the open, all cover and protection gone and they have to fend for themselves with noone or no thing to fall back on.

I'm curious to what the red goo will do when long and much exposed to it.

LIVE FOR THE SWARM!!!

kaboom

First Post
2 new NPCs

Falian male elf (sea) ranger 20/ cleric 2/ sorcerer 10/ fighter 6, CR 38
Parska female storm giant sorcerer 7/ aristocrat 12/ fighter 12, CR 30

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
The Convention - Opening Statement by Kessel GnomeWorks

Friends from the Oerth Alliance; enemies from the Dark Union; neutral powers from throughout Oerth.

A grave danger has fallen upon us. A disease is destroying our world. If we do nothing about it now, then we will slough off the planet's surface, and all of us who live now shall die.

This is not a future I look forward to. I would also hope that it is a future that you do not look forward to, either.

In the past, our differences have caused great wars to erupt between us. In the last month, we have seen great empires come and go. Foreign powers have destroyed entire cities, and have now faded to the background. As it should be.

This is Oerth. Our, Oerth. This is our home. While I thank Forrester for all the help he has provided, I believe that he is correct in saying that this is our time, our place. We must make a future for ourselves. And the first step towards that goal is peace.

---

The first step to creating such a peace is to command peace throughout Oerth. Between our respective powers, we hold the whole of the planet in our sway. We shall order peace, and any who disobey shall be destroyed. The Lortmils may not have nuclear weaponry yet, but we have enough other toys that we could destroy at least one power, if not two, that decided that attacking someone else was a good idea.

Is that a threat? I don't know. Take it as you will. But rest assured, any that break this first step - any that step out of place and begin a war - I shall destroy those who begin it. Fair warning shall be given: as in the case of kaboom. I will not destroy him at this time, because he halted his foolish attack. If he had not, then I would have destroyed his entire nation.

Let this be a sign of things to come. Order peace throughout the world. And destroy those who refuse the peace offered to them.

- Kessel GnomeWorks

Kalanyr

Explorer
The Speech from Kalanyr

"I must agree with what Kessel has said. Now is not the time for war, we will stand with Kessel against those who would break this peace!

For now I am doing what I can to hold back the poisoning and freezing death of Oerth. But we need to fix things, my power may not last forever.

We must work together to overcome the problem."

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
I think I missed everything except the attack on the shade... I can't believe I missed out on some good old demon slaying...

Oh well... I guess my army is back at home by now and is going to be used to aid in crop production if this is still an issue.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Edena - please. Don't end the IR now. Most of us are still here, and are not trying to attack you. We are trying to get along with the problems you are throwing at us. There are those that still believe in this game, Edena, and I am one of them. I think that this can be pulled through. Don't let one person ruin the whole thing for everyone else.

We all respect you, Edena, and what you are doing for us. You are providing entertainment for us, at the expense of your time and patience.

Just as with the whole Draco/Lynux thing in the beginnings of this IR, don't let this Forrester thing get to you! This can still be pulled through. I, for one, am trying to pull an answer to the problems you are throwing at us together, rather than quit and say that you've messed up too many times. Sure, you have made mistakes - but they're nothing to quit over! Given the vast amounts of information you need to process, it's amazing that you haven't killed us all by now in sheer frustration! You're human, Edena, and that means that you will make mistakes. You shouldn't expect yourself to be perfect, and I think that the vast majority of us accept that you aren't perfect.

Thus, Edena, please keep the IR going. There are still many people actively posting, at least, and we're not about to give in.

Serpenteye

First Post
I agree with Gnomeworks. I really think that most people in the IR appreciate your efforts, I know I do. This has been a lot of fun and I am grateful to you for making it possible. I understand that you have been put under a lot of pressure and that some of us, including myself, have given you a lot of grief. I apologize for whatever I have done to make this less enjoyable for you and hope that you can give us one more chance

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Please stay

Originally posted by Edena of Neith

If I am accused of one more thing (story-blackmailing, or ANYTHING ELSE that could be interpreted as an attack) ...

Alright, people. I am BEGGING you in the name of all that is dear and holy to you to give Edena some space to breathe! Give him some peace!

He has been working his fanny off for all of us.

Rhialto, evil people do not necessarily have an advantage in research and accumulating power. The backstabbing and ideology can get in the way. See Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union under Stalin. Their leaders really screwed up in the R&D department and ruined their lands to a large degree. (See Soviet agriculture and the Nazi atomic bomb projects.)

Archcleric Hazen sends a letter to all the leaders of the powers of this IR thread.

"I implore everyone to stand together in peace. This has been the darkest time in the history of Oerth. Even the Twin Cataclysms of the Invoked Devastation and the Rain of Colorless fire pales in comparison to what we have seen."

"Only the most powerful of magics has prevented the world from being cloaked in a chilling darkness. The spread of the poisons threatening Oerth has been stopped. Now, we must cooperate for a cure."

"No problem is without a solution. There are always options."

"I ask the Oerth Alliance nations stand as one in the search for a cure to the threats to our world. We urge cooperation with the other powers seeking to preserve our world. The Dark Union of Eastern Oerth took great losses in their fights against Acerak and the destruction of this time."

"We stand with them in seeking peace and a cure to the ills afflicting Oerth."

"The UC of Toril has chosen to end its involvement on Oerth. I ask that they strongly reconsider, at least in helping us rebuild. We have given much aid to it, and received aid in return. Great cities such as Jalpa and Mitrik are in ruins. Many are wounded and dying"

"We hope that the Angels of Hope Island will continue to aid us."

"For my part, I suggest that the nations of the world pursue peace while we deal with the efforts to rebuild. I urge all nations, especially those of the Oerth Alliance, to do so."

"We need to find a solution to the problems that threaten us all."

"In a gesture of good faith, the Kevellond League offers a palace constructed in the style of old Aerdi in Veluna City to the Dark Union of Eastern Oerth as an embassy. Veluna city will be the new capitol of Veluna for the time present. Caronis will be the new capitol of Furyondy. Shiboleth will be the new capitol of Keoland. The cities will be rebuild."

"The leadership of the Dark Union made a wise and wonderful offer that I suggest all accept. That the technology of the City of the Gods be shared with all. On behalf of the Kevellond League, I say we should abide by this agreement. It will take years, perhaps, to master its secrets."

"We will assist all nations with their rebuilding efforts, as soon as we are able to do so. We urge all to deal with the threats to the survival of Oerth."

"Also, we must stand ready should the Church of Shade - rightfully revoked by the God Emperor of the Aerdi - Acerak, or the Black Brotherhood seek to return. The proved themselves traitors to Oerth, and must be punished for their sins against us all. "

"For now, we will send an ambassador to the conference in the Lortmils. All nations have suffered greatly. Maybe we can find a cure in time for the wounds of the world."

"Let us remember those who died today, regardless of our past. In the end, we are all the sons and daughters of Oerth."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads