(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 4 (thread 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Then, welcome to the IR, Tokiwong!
I will send you the Roster of the Empire of Iuz when the IR Interlude comes up here, and explain things.
Welcome in!

I wish to note that Black Omega's realm of the Vesve is a NOTABLE exception to the picture of the Flanaess I just painted.

Within the Vesve, the Power of the Faerie has prevailed.
Within the Vesve, birdsong and animals sounds are bright and clear.
Within the Vesve, the power of the Faerie holds the Magic Storms at bay, and produces a warm and pleasant climate, and gentle winds.

The Faerie are everywhere, ethereal and beautiful, merry faces turned solemn, as they tend the soil and the land, repairing damage done by the City of the Gods.
Trees are regrown, sickness and rot healed, health and hope returned to the land.
In the Vesve, the rivers still run clear.
In the Vesve, the sun still shines clearly in a sky free of smoke.
In the Vesve, those humans, demihumans, and humanoids who had a home there to begin with, are healthy, well fed, and well sheltered.

They are under the strict rule of the Faerie.
Faerie rule, is absolute from one end of the forest to the other.
Their rule is gentle and kindly, and everyone is eager to obey them - since the Faerie are the reason they are alive.
The penalty for breaking the law is magical alteration into a new form, with a new mind - one that will obey the laws.

Unfortunately, several million refugees are now moving towards the Vesve Forest.
Some, are fleeing from ruined lands that cannot support them no matter how hard they work to rebuild.
But many more, wish to help themselves to this apparently untouched Garden of Plenty that miraculously has survived when nothing else did.

The same situation is occurring in the Adri Forest, where the Lost Elves, Unseelie, and some of the Faerie are protecting the forest.
Adri Forest survived the Barrage by mere chance.
The elves, faerie, and unseelie intend to see it continues to survive.

However, a very large number of refugees, desperate to survive, and a very large number of people who wish to help themselves to Adri wood, Adri food, and Adri plunder, are moving on the forest.

Similar, lesser problems are occurring around all the remaining, surviving natural regions, including the mountain regions of the Flanaess.

Serpenteye

First Post
Welcome Tokiwong

Join us. :)

____
Order is reestablished kindly but firmly, extremenly firmly. Refugees are directed to where they can recieve aid and employment. If they do not respond to that in the desired way, they are dragged there by force. We need everybody to work as hard as they can wherever they are placed and are most needed. The propaganda machinery and the Church of Aerdi indoctrinate the people in this necessity.

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Edena:

I have e-mailed Reprisal and hope that he will take the place of Forrester, who seems to have left. If not, I suggest that you take the place of the UC or at least try to assign the UC to a new player.

Tokiwong, welcome aboard.

Alzem, please check your e-mail. I would like you to stay. I want everyone to stay.

For now, I suggest we rebuild rather than fight.

Tokiwong

First Post
Wicked Grin....

Evil smiles... in the silence... from the ashes a restoration shall commence... there are many old wounds to attend to... for now peace... let the calm settle... before the storm of blood and fury commence...

OOC: Thanks glad to be aboard.... I get to be evil... ooooh

Last edited:

Rhialto

First Post
Re: Please stay

William Ronald said:

Rhialto, evil people do not necessarily have an advantage in research and accumulating power. The backstabbing and ideology can get in the way. See Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union under Stalin. Their leaders really screwed up in the R&D department and ruined their lands to a large degree. (See Soviet agriculture and the Nazi atomic bomb projects.)

Yes, but the equations for nuclear physics don't tend to pop up after you sacrifice a thousand innocents to Xxigtvist, Dark Lord of Hangnails. Therein lies the difference between magic and science.

And I should point out that the "Good" guys had problems with backstabbing and ideology as well.

(Note--I'm not saying that Nazi Germany and the U.S.S.R. weren't evil--I just don't think their enemies, by and large, were all that good. Just a hell of a lot better then the alternative...)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Tokiwong is now the player of the Empire of Iuz.

- - -

Forrester has not quit the IR, per se.
He has withdrawn the forces of the United Commonwealth from Oerth, back to Toril, as is his right.

I am not allowed, as Moderator, to dictate to the United Commonwealth what it can or cannot do.
Nor may I run the United Commonwealth, or assign someone else to do so, unless Forrester gives me explicit permission to do so (and, unless Toril is directly threatened, I will not do so ... I have enough to deal with already.)

Forrester speaks for the United Commonwealth.
If he withdraws their forces, then those forces are withdrawn.

The only person who could counteract Forrester's decision is Reprisal.
I do not expect to hear from Reprisal again, I fear.
It is a shame, for Reprisal was one of the most eloquent players the IR ever knew.

It is also an unfortunate shame that Forrester is effectively out of the IR.
For he is one of the most colorful and interesting people the IR has known.

I hope Alzem stays. For the sake of the IR.
Again, here is one of the players from the older IRs, and Alzem was a very notable and important part of the 2nd IR.
However, it is up to Alzem, whether he stays ... he has only just joined, and I hope he decides to stay.

Needless to say, the loss of both John Brown and Forrester makes this a hard day for me.
If Alzem departs, it will be all that much harder.

Anabstercorian

First Post
Cripes

The smoke was everywhere. The dust was everywhere. The sunblight was gone because there was no more light.

Anabstercorian, floating in deep space, looking down on the waste that was Oerth, could only shake his head. There was so much needless loss of life. There was no purpose to this, no cause. No one was being served - This was mere madness.

What was needed here was control. An iron hand to guide a lost and shattered world to a better place.

--------------------------------------------

<< Edena, the Solistarim is focusing its efforts on rebuilding. Now that the City of the Gods is no longer a threat, we will loot the thing good as soon as it's feasible. We need that technological edge! We're behind in the technological race and we know it. >>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads