(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 4 (thread 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Draco

First Post
Well,

a) I'll be staying in this for as long as I can, this means until the end.

b) Serpenteye, remember, the red-ooze infection was stopped with Forrester's & Kalanyr's 10th level magic.

c) Kas himself is going to teleport to Hemponaland to assist the DU forces there in the battle going on against Acererak and his forces

Rhialto

First Post
Has this IR ended already? In four turns, every villain defeated, or close to it? This just isn't working out the way the others did I'm afraid...

And just one thing breaks the DBZ analogy--the villains have never even really been allowed to be an honest threat. When Frieza and Cell go at Gokku, there's always a moment where you say "Oh crap, he's screwed."

But there's never been a villain who could touch Forrester. Even the City of the Gods was outflanked.

I blame 10th level magic. If there was some limit to it, it'd work... but really, there's no reason to have 11th, when you're the only guys with 10th. If lower-level magic was allowed to counteract it somewhat--if it was good but not quite as good as 11th (highly accurate scryings, instead of perfect scryings for example...), well then this IR wouldn't have broken down the way it has. And it has broken, I'm afraid.

And also--being a remorseless bastard should have some effect. In Dark Sun, if you're an evil son of a--witch-- you practice defiling magic and you beat the good guys to the power, at least short-term. Making good and evil's research abilities the same--well, you lose the fact that power's got a price... and you either try to pay it responisbly and take your time, or you say "Screw you" to the world, and smash forward heedlessly...

Ehh, I'm rambling... I'm in this to the end, mind you (of course, that might have already come for me) but when a horde of demons is a PL 28--well, I start wondering what evil can do to even the gap?

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Well, gee, I'm not leaving. Heck, one could technically say that we - the Lortmils - started this whole mess. And we're not going to back off now.

Besides, I'm still waiting for my nuclear warheads. I'm not going until I get to cause some major damage around here.

I said I was going to play in this IR, and I'm not going to leave now just because some wierd stuff is happening. I won't give it up, not now - not until there is a UC of Oerth, and every nasty thing that crawls on the planet surface has been nuked. Not until I - and my allies - are assured that each and every "bad guy" that has allied with us is going to remain with us and not stab us in the back.

GnomeWorks will stay. Until the end.

Forrester

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
(looks genuinely upset)

I request John Brown and Forrester stay in this.

Anyone has the right to leave, but by God I am not leaving.
I have an IR to run, and I intend to run it.

Some of you may think it's over, but things are not what they seem.

Edena_of_Neith

You'd better NOT LEAVE! The IR is only at Turn 4, for pete's sake. But my post stands. I loot the City, and go back to Toril -- and then off to gods' knows where.

Whatever uber-dangers you throw at Oerth can be fought by the people of Oerth. They won't be fought by me.

And frankly . . . this makes sense, IC. My duty was to make sure that the Shade infection on Oerth was stopped (it was), and that the City of the Gods -- the uber-force that could end all life on Oerth -- was removed from the equation.

It was. And all of its wonderful technology is now Toril's. Gimme a PL bonus or tech bonus, please.

I've done what I came here to do. And helped Oerth through the worst of the aftermath. I'm going.

Every additional protest to this you make, Edena, insults the 10+ other members of the game. Something tells me they will carry on in my absence, and make the story even better than it is now.

And I DO encourage JohnBrown to continue -- I've loved his posts, and think that his kingdom still has a lot to add to the story. And, unlike my possible future additions to the story, his additions won't overwhelm all others'.

Forrester

Black Omega

First Post
I can only repeat, I'm not going anywhere:)

The Coalition of Light and Shadow might not have all the PL, but we've got the cutest fae!:)

Serpenteye

First Post
kaboom said:
I'm back!

The Sahuaghin are being attacked by all the PL I can hit them with.

You're joking, right? We are your allies. Of course, there's nothing stopping you from betraying our alliance but perhaps you should talk to William Ronald first or look over the events of this turn?

Last edited:

Forrester

First Post
Kalanyr said:
I said I was in it for as long as possible and I ain't quitting now. (Even if I think the bad guys will win this one in the end (They won the first one after all technically))

Hey! I resent that! Don't make me come back and kick your ass :D.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Torilian Seers see it, so Forrester and Alzem know it.

If Forrester pulls out of Oerth (and especially if Alzem also leaves), the Oerthians will attack Toril.
Whether they will win, the Seers do not know.
They only know the Oerthians will attack Toril.

The Seers state the Oerthians may attack Toril even if Forrester and Alzem stay on Oerth.

- - -

John Brown quitting forces me to play the Empire of Iuz, starting now.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
And so, war breaks out between the Sky-Sea League and the Dark Union.

Iuz, Rary, and Lord Robilar immediately teleport to the Sahuagin Empire to aid the Dark Union against the Sky-Sea League's attack.

Furthermore, the Empire of Iuz offers immediate military aid, by land and sea, to fight for the Dark Union against this unprovoked aggression from the Sky-Sea League.

The 16 PL of NPCs I am allowed also teleport in to fight for the Dark Union against the assault of the Sky-Sea League.

A force of 26 PL is thus immediately in the Sahuagin Empire, aiding the 20 PL already there, more than doubling the defenses instantly to 46 PL.

- - -

The Empire of Iuz sends it's representatives to Veluna City, calling for a diplomatic settlement to this new crisis.
The ambassadors are blunt and to the point:

Isn't it enough, say they, that half the Flanaess has been roasted, like a deer on a spit?
Isn't it enough, say they, that 30 million people are dead, and more are dying in Hempmonaland?
Hasn't everyone suffered enough, without another colossal war breaking out while millions of people lie wounded still from the onslaught of the City of the Gods?

The Empire of Iuz asks the Alliance of Oerth to restrain the Sky-Sea League, to halt the unprovoked and unreasonable aggression.
The Empire of Iuz states it will immediately withdraw from the battle if peace can be attained.
The Empire of Iuz states it is only interfering to stop another great war from breaking out.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases