(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 4 (thread 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnBrown

First Post
Forrester,

I appreciate the gesture on your part. You haven’t lost interest in the IR. I, however, have. It is not a matter of winning or losing. Whether I win, William wins, Dagger wins, good wins, evil wins, neutrality wins isn’t important to me. Being relevant was. It isn’t anymore. I’ve have been accused on the EN boards long ago as having a “slide-ruler” mentality. I guess the person was right. I am simply not cut out for this free-form sort of game. This is a deficiency on my part, no one else's. I have should have realized this earlier. I apologize to everyone.

So, Forrester, put the gun to my head, pull the trigger, take option 3 and let everyone else who is still enjoying this continue with the game.

John

P.S. Glad you liked the metaphor :)

Black Omega

First Post
Wow...12 hours and the world goes to hell. Sheesh:)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, the seelie will do everything possible to heal and assist those injured and crippled. Creater shelters, provide food and water. We're trusting 10th level magic can help deal with the nuclear winter but in the mean time we'll do our 9th level best for the peoples of the Flanesse. First things first....help the people. Start helping restore basic services and restoring hope.
With all that's been lost, if Kal's people need a place to rest and recover while starting on rebuilding their mountain, we have room.
Sorry to see anyone going at this point. I've like how Brown handled Iuz. Forrester has been important for more than his PL.;)

Maudlin

First Post
Well, those are the dangers of dropping a 15th level character in what is essentially a conflict between 5th level people. If that char then asks "Who's with me and who is against me", most are going to join, and the ones that can't or won't will get the floor wiped with them, without question to the outcome. Either way, the battle would be over :) It's a flawed premise.

It's also the reason Evil doesn't work as an underdog... Good is far, far nastier. At least the Evil Overlord will leave his low-level opponents alive, so he would have someone to laugh maniacally at in the future, but Good has no such compunctions :)
(http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html)

That being said, I've felt a little irrelevant too, but that's really no reason to let it stop being fun. I've never stopped enjoying myself throughout. I mean, put it all in perspective :) It's a big global WWF match... some people are scripted to get whooped, but the fun is in the trashtalking :D I've whined about the imbalance of it all, but only because that would make it come to an end much sooner than I'd have liked.

BTW, I like your SigLine, John Brown :)

Edit- Oh, and I probably should mention my enjoyment of Edena's wildly extravagant posts describing all the mayhem. Some of them honestly had me chortling out loud, and that doesn't happen all that often anymore :)

Last edited:

Festy_Dog

First Post
OOC:- sorry i couldn't help before, i was very busy. :(

Silver Phase, all his NPC's (i figured that his 4 new NPC's are each worth PL1), and any forces he can spare (24 PL) are quickly heading to the Flanaess to help with relief efforts.

Maudlin

First Post
BTW, whatever happened to Shadowlady Ahlissa? Her hubbie was destroyed without a thought for her wellbeing, and now these self-styled good guys add insult to injury by bombing her house to rubble. Shameful how you would treat a poor widow.

Shameful.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
I am supposed to be happy about the above posts??

If John Brown will not play the Empire of Iuz, I will.

The Empire of Iuz does not attempt to plunder the City of the Gods.
The Empire of Iuz, does not engage in any hostilities with Forrester.
The Empire of Iuz, signs a peace treaty with Forrester instead.
The Empire of Iuz, spends it's energy trying to save it's people, and rebuild it's damaged infrastructure.

Alyx, the Celestial Imperium took hits from two of the antimatter missiles.
Although this only destroyed a small area of the realm, the flashes blinded half the population, and the heat flashes started massive fires.
The Celestial Imperium is in trouble like everyone else.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
It is the Attack + 2 Weeks.

With the help of Forrester and Kalanyr, massive amounts of food (much of it from Toril) and massive amounts of aid are going out to all the Flanaess, and many parts of Oerth.

As a result, the flood of dying people has stopped.
The blinded, are seeing again - at least, a great part of them can see again.
A greater number of the wounded are healed.

Massive reconstruction is underway in all parts of the Flanaess.
Aided by 10th level magic, this reconstruction is occurring at an astonishing pace.
A skeletal framework of roads, railroads, and vital communications lines has been reestablished.
Vital structures have been put back up, and vital mines have reopened.

In a few cases, there is even manpower to bury the dead, though this is the exception and not the rule.

The Faerie are able to save Vesve Forest and Adri Forest, and parts of the woodlands in other areas.

All the crops that can be saved, are being harvested.

However, the smoke still lingers in the air.
Gaunt, shattered trees stand amidst a scarred landscape, with giant craters - over 150 of them, across the world.
There is no manpower to rebuild the tens of thousands of villages damaged.
There is little manpower to rebuild the thousands of towns damaged.

Where this is the case, the local inhabitants have mostly left for the cities, leaving ruins behind.
Where they have stayed, they have made the best of their grim condition, while their small settlements remain filled with refugees and the wounded still awaiting magical healing.

Where the Shade were, the land remains dead, and uninhabitable.
A large area, including the Domain of Greyhawk, the Cairn Hills, the northern Abbor Alz, the Nyr Dyv, the Isles of Woe, and northern Wolly Bay is permanently desolate.
Permanently destroyed by Shade, this area is effectively out of bounds.

The areas around it, including parts of Furyondy, the Shieldlands, the Duchy of Urnst, the County of Urnst, the Bright Desert, and the eastern Abbor Alz, were able to be saved.

In Hempmonaland, the tropical rainforest has been devastated, vast areas of it gone, burned away in the war that is taking place down there.
The forces of Acererak and the Scarlet Brotherhood, outnumbered 20 to 1 by the combined armies of Forrester, the Dark Union, the Yuan-Ti Empire, and the Solistarim that came to aid them, are losing rapidly now.
Fight as they might, and try as they might, no amount of careful planning and cunning can last forever against the might arrayed against them.

Yet they fight on, in their hopeless battle.
The People of Hempmonaland have been decimated, a greater part of their male population dead or dying, because they decided to stand with the Scarlet Brotherhood.
Their culture has been all but wiped out.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
(looks genuinely upset)

I request John Brown and Forrester stay in this.

Anyone has the right to leave, but by God I am not leaving.
I have an IR to run, and I intend to run it.

Some of you may think it's over, but things are not what they seem.

Edena_of_Neith

Kalanyr

Explorer
I said I was in it for as long as possible and I ain't quitting now. (Even if I think the bad guys will win this one in the end (They won the first one after all technically))

Serpenteye

First Post
I'll stay 'till the end. Who knows, I might actually win.

How many months do the diviners estimate Oerth has left before the skin falls off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases