(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 4 (thread 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forrester

First Post
Edena -- I WILL be engaging the robots, but I must leave within a couple of minutes.

Quickly, answer my questions from the last post in Thread #1: What is the remaining PL of those robots (how well did the faerie do?), are the robots of Lyrn pretty much wiped out given the two antimatter bombs that hit + the uber-sandstorm?

Forrester

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Forrester said:

Questions, Edena. Questions.

1) How much PL of robots are fighting the faerie? How many did they take out?
2) Has the uber-sandstorm subsided/are all (or vast majority) of the robots in Lyrn dead/stopped/malfunctioning? I would imagine so. Those were some pretty big bombs.
3) My blinded forces -- given my magical capabilities, and the fact that their genetically engineered bodies are resistant to such nonsense, how soon can I get them their sight back?

ANSWER:

1) You don't know, and you don't have the time left to find out.
2) The sandstorm continues, and most of the robots there are out of commission.
3) Your forces were blinded. They stay blinded. You will be able to get their sight back, pretty quickly, but not right now - not unless you wish to allow the Robots to completely destroy Veluna, Furyondy, The Empire of Iuz, and the Shieldlands.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Repost:

Edena: To paraphrase one of Anab's lines "How much experience is a Demogorgon worth?"

Edit- And does beating on THE Abysal lord help my plans towards ascension any?

Also can I resurrect those NPC's later (if this involves killing those Abyssal Lords then I will put some time and energy into doing that)?

Mr. Draco

First Post
He turns with a sigh, following after Forrester for a while.

"We had no method of stoping the horrible assaults these robots carried out, indeed, the Dark Union suffered greatly along with much of Oerth. I urge you, at the least, do not despoil this place of marvelous beauty. Let it stand, unmollested, until such time as it's secrets can be unlocked, piece by piece, carefully, and distributed to all across Oerth. This is our offer. Let the city stand, then, a team of those knowladgeable in such matters, one member from every nation on Oerth, can go through this city, discovering what secrets it holds. As each new technology is discovered, the knowladge of it will be distributed to every nation of Oerth, thus keeping the peace as much as is possible. Consider your actions, for our proposal is the best that has yet been made, in terms of the benefit to those living on Oerth, of which you have stated you wish to join. Would it not be best to see your future fellow people assisted as much as possible?"

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
A lot.
Everyone who participated in this, and survived, is going to gain several levels, or more.

However, Tharizdun is still on the battlefield, so survival is a problem.

And the robots are pouring into Veluna, Furyondy, and the Empire of Iuz, killing as they come.

Forrester

First Post
Thank you.

I leave a ~100PL force (not including the blinded guys -- maybe 40PL worth?) to clean up after the robots in Lyrn.

100PL go to Kalanyr to help against the demons.

340PL to go stop the remaining robots. Let's end this. Quickly.

Forrester

--I have to rush. Suffices to say that I'll be wary of any dumb traps or whatnot, but I don't have time to express my usual level of paranoia in words. Be back soon, I hope.

Mr. Draco

First Post
As to the forces fighting on the outskirts of the burning forest... Yeah, you're right, most of our regulars don't know how to deal with that type of a situation, that's why we send in the ones that can easily deal with it (i.e.- planars, especially the salamanders, constructs, undead, etc... basically our "special" forces).

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The last Great Battle erupts, all along a thousand mile front from where Highfolk was in the west to Riftcrag in the east.
Torilians against robots.
High magic against high technology.
10th level spells against antimatter rays and missiles.
It is a gruesome slaughter on both sides.
By the hundreds of thousands, the Torilians are mowed down, beamed into oblivion, rayed into subatomic particles, blasted away.
By the thousands, the robots are destroyed, their defenses overwhelmed by high powered spells, their armor pierced by crackling energy, their defenses penetrated by intangible foes.

The two titantic forces stand like men with rifles at twenty paces, firing at each other as fast as they can.
The Faerie come to the aid of the Torilians.
DemiPowers from the Kevellond League and elsewhere come to the aid of the Torilians.
The Solars and Planetars, and Deva, of Alzem come to the aid of the Torilians.
Even the armies of Iuz stand and fight alongside the Torilians.

In a heroic stand, the great army fights the wave of utter destruction that has come from the north.

Antimatter weapons explode among the Torilians.
Incorporeal mages and Faerie tear asunder the robots.

The two sides are evenly matched, titans fighting a final battle for the fate of the Flanaess.

In the south, the demons are now losing to the combined armies of the Torilians and the forces of Kalanyr.
But Tharizdun isn't going down without a fight.

He sees Kas. He sees Kalanyr. He gives a great shout.

I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON, AND I'LL WIN.

With a roar, Tharizdun charges.
With a shout, Kas leaps in.
The battle sweeps towards Kalanyr, and he is dragged into it.
The three fighters erupt into a whirlwind of blades, spells, and mayhem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases