4E A review of my Favorite D&D 7/3/2018
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Posts
    6,613

    A review of my Favorite D&D 7/3/2018

    Last edited by Garthanos; Thursday, 12th July, 2018 at 11:26 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Posts
    6,613
    Perhaps I should put a language warning on that video link

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Edenvale, San Jose, CA
    Posts
    14,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Garthanos View Post
    In this case they have humor and almost as much snark as us LOL
    We listened to the first hour last night - damn, it's long - it was mildly amusing (we're reviewing this game that came out last month - 10 years ago), it's odd to hear people not get tons of stuff wrong when talking about 4e, though they mis-spoke more than a few times and carefully disected the original language of Comander's Strike as an example of how 4e used keywords ("templating") to make powers clearer, when it was a prime example of /not using that template correctly/ and the errata'd version was much clearer. (Oh, and they made the same "Da Math" mistake as everyone...
    ...OK, as long as they don't go on to say "Epic is too easy.")
    XP heretic888 gave XP for this post

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Posts
    6,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Vargas View Post
    We listened to the first hour last night - damn, it's long - it was mildly amusing (we're reviewing this game that came out last month - 10 years ago), it's odd to hear people not get tons of stuff wrong when talking about 4e, though they mis-spoke more than a few times and carefully disected the original language of Comander's Strike as an example of how 4e used keywords ("templating") to make powers clearer, when it was a prime example of /not using that template correctly/ and the errata'd version was much clearer. (Oh, and they made the same "Da Math" mistake as everyone...
    ...OK, as long as they don't go on to say "Epic is too easy.")
    I admit noticing a couple of "close but not quite" but the overwhelming not "tons of stuff wrong" I indeed found pretty good.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Posts
    6,613
    Ironically I actually think they captured ahem the essence of 4e and its core elements better than the threads here.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Edenvale, San Jose, CA
    Posts
    14,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Garthanos View Post
    Ironically I actually think they captured ahem the essence of 4e and its core elements better than the threads here.
    Go ahead and post the link in the Essence thread, then. What's the worst that could happen?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Posts
    6,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Vargas View Post
    Go ahead and post the link in the Essence thread, then. What's the worst that could happen?
    This post was removed from where I posted it in the first place so meh...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Similar Threads

  1. Favorite game review sites?
    By Grog in forum *Varied Geek Talk & Media Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Saturday, 22nd July, 2006, 10:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •