Pathfinder 2 Character Sheet #1: Fumbus, Goblin Alchemist - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlaquin View Post
    This mechanic seems less clunky to me than having to track the charges on every individual item separately (though I do wish they would remove magic item charges entirely if they're going this route instead of keeping them on a few items). The flavor change is a wash for me, though I can certainly see why some don't care for it.
    My thoughts, also; because they're keeping the concept of item charges and X/day on some things, it still doesn't solve what it set out to solve, which I think is going to be the biggest grievance. Out of any of the playtest rules, resonance is the one which, if I were a betting man, I would say will not survive unscathed.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    My thoughts, also; because they're keeping the concept of item charges and X/day on some things, it still doesn't solve what it set out to solve, which I think is going to be the biggest grievance. Out of any of the playtest rules, resonance is the one which, if I were a betting man, I would say will not survive unscathed.
    I agree. I'm hoping that item charges is the thing to give, but I'm expecting the opposite will be the case.
    XP Henry gave XP for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Charlaquin View Post
    I agree. I'm hoping that item charges is the thing to give, but I'm expecting the opposite will be the case.
    Me, too - I like the core idea of resonance, but barring seeing it in play, I think it needs some tweaking, just not for
    The reasons that most of its detractors use about consumables and healing. I played back in the days of 1st Edition when the on,y healing was what the Cleric brought with him, so Iím fine with sucking it up and managing my resonance like a good little adventurer.
    Iíd rather see something else - maybe a 1 in 10 roll that the wandís magic is consumed, checked after each successful wand use? Something to keep from having to track charges, and having (roughly) 10 charges in a wand sounds like thatís kind of where they wanted to go with this thing?
    XP Charlaquin gave XP for this post

Just really curious, what is the point of him carrying a lantern when he can see in the dark?

Quick Reply Quick Reply