5E Derro Derivatives? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Robin Hood Country
    Posts
    1,162
    Thanks. I'll look into those. Cheers.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Mount Holly, NJ, USA
    Posts
    1,159
    Thanks for the support, enjoy!

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    5,472
    Quote Originally Posted by rgoodbb View Post
    My favourite reference/inspiration book.

    One of the best I have read. And read. And Read. And Read.

    I posted about this beautiful book a while back but didn't get many responses. The descriptions alone are worth the cost.
    Have you heard about veinscrawl?

    https://coinsandscrolls.blogspot.com...einscrawl.html

    I think that there is a bit of an "oh that's OSR I can stop paying attention" thing going on and it's a bit of a shame. I've mentioned Yoon-Suin several times but few people seem to be willing to check it out.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fear not the slugman https://slugsandsilver.blogspot.com/

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Robin Hood Country
    Posts
    1,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancalagon View Post
    Have you heard about veinscrawl?

    https://coinsandscrolls.blogspot.com...einscrawl.html

    I think that there is a bit of an "oh that's OSR I can stop paying attention" thing going on and it's a bit of a shame. I've mentioned Yoon-Suin several times but few people seem to be willing to check it out.
    I have not until now. Thanks. I will definitely check these out. Anything that inspires me and can add to the description and immersion of the world I DM in, is worth my time.

    Cheers for the pointers.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    5,472
    Quote Originally Posted by rgoodbb View Post
    I have not until now. Thanks. I will definitely check these out. Anything that inspires me and can add to the description and immersion of the world I DM in, is worth my time.

    Cheers for the pointers.
    Veinscrawls is essentially a campaign to be run using veins of the earth, in "hexcrawl" style - there is no overarching plot, that will emerge through play. Veins of the Earth can be a bit daunting to use, and I think that veinscrawl makes it more "achievable"

    Yoon Suin is a campaign setting set in a bizarre pseudo-india setting. I've reviewed it here: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthr...9643-Yoon-Suin
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fear not the slugman https://slugsandsilver.blogspot.com/

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Robin Hood Country
    Posts
    1,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancalagon View Post
    Veinscrawls is essentially a campaign to be run using veins of the earth, in "hexcrawl" style - there is no overarching plot, that will emerge through play. Veins of the Earth can be a bit daunting to use, and I think that veinscrawl makes it more "achievable"

    Yoon Suin is a campaign setting set in a bizarre pseudo-india setting. I've reviewed it here: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthr...9643-Yoon-Suin
    What I'm after essentially is to bring as much Veins of the Earth feel into my next 5th ed sessions as possible. I know that mechanics-wise that's too much of a big ask but the descriptions and writing are pure gold.

    Yoon Suin sounds fascinating as well. I will take a look. Cheers.
    XP Ancalagon gave XP for this post

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,231
    Is derro calculus different because of their insanity? If we're worried about their derivatives, should we also be worried about their integrals as well?
    Laugh Ancalagon laughed with this post

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    5,472
    Quote Originally Posted by rgoodbb View Post
    What I'm after essentially is to bring as much Veins of the Earth feel into my next 5th ed sessions as possible. I know that mechanics-wise that's too much of a big ask but the descriptions and writing are pure gold.

    Yoon Suin sounds fascinating as well. I will take a look. Cheers.
    I think the big problem with 5e and Veins of the Earth is the ample amounts of food and especially light that low level magic can provide. It wrecks the the setting.

    Yoon Suin has no such issues. You might want to limit long-distance teleportation, but apart from that it works quite well in 5e - I've been running it for a year and a half
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fear not the slugman https://slugsandsilver.blogspot.com/
    XP rgoodbb gave XP for this post

  9. #19
    Veins of the Earth is amazing but no actual statistics per se.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Saturday, 1st October, 2016, 03:27 PM
  2. Paladin Derivatives
    By Matthias in forum *Pathfinder, Starfinder, Older D&D Editions (4E, 3.x, 2E, 1E, OD&D), D&D Variants, OSR
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Friday, 22nd March, 2013, 09:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •