4 years of 5E on Amazon: same old same old

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
WHAT!???

Okay, now that I see more clearly what you are talking about...You misread the post entirely.

First, it was clearing up his math...and SECONDLY it was clarifying WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT.

If you are a Stockholder, than you are acting in pretty bad faith in your understanding. I wasn't talking about his discussions in other articles...

and thus I specified that what I WAS talking about was NOT something that CNBC or other articles (and especially NOT an enworld thread or article which I would have to search through just to find the link...why not just post the link itself?.) but the quarterly and annual reports...official ones that Hasbro puts out (aka...they have Hasbro branding and other items, such as directly released by Hasbro. Some of them are the direct talking of Hasbro, not the reports talking about what Hasbro said in these things to their stockholders)

Hasbro is NOT a hard company to follow. I've posted some of the current stock prices (in case people have missed it) because it really is that easy. ANYONE can follow it...and Hasbro also makes many of it's reports PUBLIC. In these reports D&D has been mentioned, but normally it's financial impact is small enough to not be a major point of interest (as opposed to MtG which has regularly been a major point of financial graphs and other items in the reports).

That means, the reports to stock holders...these are not articles on other sites but things specifically from Hasbro. They at a minimum come out quarterly and annually. Hasbro actually has things that come out from Hasbro itself almost daily.

This is complete twaddle. Again, one was a transcript of the phone call conference HASBRO makes with shareholders in conjunction with the release of a quarterly report. The other was a CNBC interview done in conjunction with the release of the annual and quarterly reports. Both are covered by FTC regulations regarding forward looking statements and so both cannot be purely puffery in the mode of advertising or PR, they must adhere to higher levels of accuracy the same as the reports themselves. And I don't care what YOU were talking about, as this was posted to demonstrate what WE were talking about and YOU were denying.

I think those were along the lines of what Mistwell was saying, so if that is true, what exactly is Mistwell trying to argue now?

In this, I am very confused as to what he is trying to say or argue in regards to my current position[/B]

I was pointing out people had given you links long ago and you ignored them after complaining nobody was giving you the links, and then patted yourself on the back when you found that same information yourself. It's not a revelation that what we had been saying was right - we all knew what we were saying was right :)

But at this point I think I am out of this conversation. If you want to get all irate when I was mostly gently poking at you, that's fine.

Last edited:

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Nobody here was suggesting that D&D makes Magic or Monopoly levels of income: D&D never has, and the nature of the game makes that a high bar. M:tG is also experiencing a high point, in terms of players and revenue. The average Magic player is going to drop way more money than a D&D DM, let alone player. Yet, D&D contributed enough towards the gaming division revenue to merit mention.

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
And LITERALLY the paragraph above that is:

Hasbro overlords said:
The Hasbro Gaming portfolio grew 10% in 2017 compared to 2016. Higher net revenues resultedfrom new social gaming products such as SPEAK OUT, TOILET TROUBLE and FANTASTIC GYMNASTICS and otherHasbro Gaming products such as DUNGEONS & DRAGONS as well as the successful launch of DROPMIX, anelectronic music mixing game. These increases were partially offset by lower net revenues from PIE FACE products

Well, I will sleep better knowing that D&D is called out alongside Toilet Trouble in the corporation info.

/M

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Well, I will sleep better knowing that D&D is called out alongside Toilet Trouble in the corporation info.

/M

Gives a bit of perspective, doesn't it? Peak D&D is comparable to a toilet themed game aimed at small children (which is frankly, ingenious).

Last edited:

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
Not sure if it’s been mentioned in this or any other thread but I glanced at paizo/pathfinder twitch and YouTube channels....if a person doubts the dominance of dnd at the top spot in sales, antedotal evidence could be gleemed form how dnd videos trump by a large margin anythnig paizo does on their channels. Most of paizo views are 100-800 with w minute advertising vids getting the most at 11k. They need to step up their game to reach players that are watching dnd in much more earnest. They are leaving a big potential audience ignored or maybe their really isnt that many players and that kind of ties in with FG and Roll20 numbers. They need to advertise their play test sessions better so people can see the system in action and build more of a fan base than the supercharter subscribers in their forums.

Remove ads