Homebrew The Road to Discovery - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 40 of 40
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Quagmire Ranch
    Posts
    1,422

    The Evening Camp

    Quote Originally Posted by Kwargrow View Post
    When the group stops to camp Nalvis and Mekric will enthusiastically attempt to start the campfire with Way.
    GM: Surprisingly to them, it takes very little concentration for Nalvis and Mekric to cause a stick to ignite. After a couple of tries, it takes them only about 1 second to perform the feat. Renyavik joins them in their newly discovered talent, continuing to ignite sticks and throw them into the fire. After 4 such displays, he finds himself winded and fatigued as if he had run up a hill, no longer able to generate heat. He broods about, not speaking to anyone for about an hour, until he suddenly picks up a stick and ignites it. He takes a deep breath and releases it, relieved.

    Taking his deep breath Vik sighs.
    "I thought I might have burned myself out. Evidently there is a limit to how many times we can do this without resting."

    Quote Originally Posted by Kwargrow
    Arbrine will sort through the objects Nalvis found to see if any feel special to her. She will focus on the spider fangs since they are the freshest items.
    Quill offers to help, figuring to divide the labor.
    GM: It takes the two several hours into the night, but as they concentrate on their affinity with the natural Way lines associated with the items, each other, and the environment, patterns start to emerge. Patterns that begin to make sense. The full understanding of each of their first item's proclivity gives a small amount of elation and encouragement for further analysis.

    As it so happens, the 2 pair of incisors are definitely from nutria and the harvester feathers are from a rock pigeon. Each of these has a proclivity for bolstering the health of the possessor. The purplish stone, Arbrine decides to call heartstone and the metal ingot is iron. Each of these bears the proclivity to augment the integral function of the whole being of the possessor. The songbird feathers have the proclivity to augment the personal charm of the possessor, while the spider fangs have the proclivity to augment the integral vascular function of the possessor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kwargrow
    Mekric will fashion the feathers together to wear in her hair. Nalvis will carry the purple stone as a good luck charm.
    Quill asks if she can have one of the pair of spider fangs. Vik asks if he can keep the ingot of iron.

    Character Data
    Nalvis: full health
    Mekric: full health
    Abrine: Body: 10 - 2 = 8: hurt
    recovery time: 3 hours, 45 minutes
    Rekyavik: full health
    Renyaveer: Body: 10 - 2 = 8: hurt
    recovery time: 2 hours, 54 minutes
    flint arrows: 7
    bone arrows: 10
    Quill: Body: 10 - 4 = 6: injured
    recovery time: 5 hours, 41 minutes
    javelins: 6

    Group Inventory
    Spider Fangs: 2 pair: Cohesion +1
    Nutria Incisors: 2 pair: Health +1
    Rock Pigeon Tail Feathers: 1 set: Health +1
    Songbird Tail Feathers: 1 set: Persona +1
    Heartstone: 1: Confluence +1
    Iron Ingot: 1: Confluence +1
    Last edited by MacConnell; Wednesday, 8th August, 2018 at 05:15 PM.
    XP Kwargrow gave XP for this post

  2. #32
    While they rest at camp and wait for the spider bites to heal, Nalvis will take out his axe and test the edge, sharpening it with his wet-stone. He says to Vik, "In these other villages we will visit, do you think they will have a larger axe I can trade for? I was not happy with the way my axe performed against those spiders?"

    Mekric and Arbrine will search the area for useable plants, maybe even something that will help ease pain.

    OOC: Herbalism role: 81
    XP MacConnell gave XP for this post

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Quagmire Ranch
    Posts
    1,422

    The Evening Camp, part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Kwargrow View Post
    While they rest at camp and wait for the spider bites to heal, Nalvis will take out his axe and test the edge, sharpening it with his wet-stone. He says to Vik, "In these other villages we will visit, do you think they will have a larger axe I can trade for? I was not happy with the way my axe performed against those spiders?"
    Vik shakes his head and sighs.
    "I know what you mean. I sure hope so. This big harpoon is great for whaling but was totally useless in that encounter. I need a back-up. We have never traveled to the villages upstream. I think Quill's people had before they joined us. I understand them to be friendly, but know nothing of their trade or technology."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwargrow
    Mekric and Arbrine will search the area for useable plants, maybe even something that will help ease pain.
    OOC: Herbalism role: 81
    OOC: Mercantile Task: Herbalism + Konokoro + d100
    Mekric: 20 + 14 + 81 = 115
    Arbrine: 13 + 18 + 81 = 112

    GM: Both Mekric and Arbrine are able to find a measure of leaves that would augment or cause a mental affliction, but nothing benevolent.

    Character Data
    Nalvis: full health
    Mekric: full health
    Abrine: full health
    Rekyavik: full health
    Renyaveer: full health
    flint arrows: 7
    bone arrows: 10
    Quill: full health
    javelins: 6

    Group Inventory
    Nutria Incisors: 2 pair: Health +1
    Muddle Leaves: 2 measures: Muddle x2
    Last edited by MacConnell; Friday, 10th August, 2018 at 08:46 PM.
    XP Kwargrow gave XP for this post

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Quagmire Ranch
    Posts
    1,422

    Turning Westward

    Still following along the edge of the marshland as well as possible, the group takes a natural game trail headed in a more westerly direction. The weather is fair and warm. Travel would be perfectly peaceable if it were not for the tragic events that caused it. The flora and fauna seem common and trivial until, quite suddenly, the game trail the party is following joins at a T with another coming in from the north and higher elevation. Nalvis and another Graggorid come almost face to face before either one notices the other.

    Other than his adopted parents, Nalvis cannot remember ever seeing another of his own tribe. His parents never spoke much of their own people, mostly saying that they were much different from the sociopathic psychotics that make up the sparse clans. Pebri and Noko said that the Graggorid were such a violent people that they had not even developed a language to communicate, which was why Nalvis, Mekric, and Arbrine were taught the Norikadian language of their nearest neighbors and had learned some of the Eastabin language of the major city to the south.

    The two groups eye one another for the passing of about two seconds before the avarice of violence mars the faces of the strangers and they begin to move.
    Character Data
    Nalvis: full health
    Mekric: full health
    Abrine: full health
    Rekyavik: full health
    Renyaveer: full health
    flint arrows: 7
    bone arrows: 10
    Quill: full health
    javelins: 6

    Group Inventory
    Muddle Leaves: 2 measures: Muddle x2

    OOC: will need a d100, Readiness roll for everyone or one for all characters, whichever you choose.
    XP Kwargrow gave XP for this post

  5. #35
    Nalvis intends to take up a defensive position and will strike with his axe if any opponent comes within melee range.
    OOC: roll: 70


    Mekric intends to stand with her brother, if more than one Greggorid comes at Nalvis, she will strike one that he does not attack.
    OOC: roll: 41


    Arbrine intends to hop back a step and pull her sling. If she has time she will sling a stone into the approaching combatants, but if she is under melee attack she will punch and kick using Way to augment her strikes with Heat.
    OOC: roll:54
    XP MacConnell gave XP for this post

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Quagmire Ranch
    Posts
    1,422

    The Graggorid

    GM: The two groups are basically strung out in a line as they travel. The meeting junction is like an upside down T, Nalvis being within a single pace of the first Graggorid. While it will be possible to divert from the path, that only allows single file travel, to cross directly at an opponent, the land is rocky, vegetated, and uneven thereby doubling movement time.

    Not all opponent are visible, as the land is hilly, but there are at least four. Rekyavik, Renyaveer, and Quill are walking behind Nalvis, Mekric, And Arbrine, in that order.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kwargrow View Post
    Nalvis intends to take up a defensive position and will strike with his axe if any opponent comes within melee range.
    OOC: roll: 70

    Mekric intends to stand with her brother, if more than one Graggorid comes at Nalvis, she will strike one that he does not attack.
    OOC: roll: 41

    Arbrine intends to hop back a step and pull her sling. If she has time she will sling a stone into the approaching combatants, but if she is under melee attack she will punch and kick using Way to augment her strikes with Heat.
    OOC: roll:54
    Seeing the first three Graggorid, Vik will attempt to move off the trail to his right to flank. Veera intends to draw and fire, while Quill will launch a reed javelin.
    OOC: Reaction Time: Readiness (Combat) + Impetus (Commercial) + Clarity (Collegiate) + d100
    Nalvis: 21 + 14 +13 + 70 = 118
    Mekric: 12 + 20 +15 + 41 = 88
    Arbrine: 15 + 13 + 18 + 54 = 100
    Rekyavik: 18 + 14 + 14 + 65 = 111
    Renyaveer: 16 + 20 + 12 + 65 = 113
    Quill: 13 + 15 + 19 + 65 = 112
    Graggorid: 16 + 14 + 12 + 87 = 129

    GM: The first few Graggorid can see Nalvis, Mekric, and Rekyavik. Seeing the tall Norikadian farther back, the third Graggorid attempts to move toward him. The second tries to move around the first to get at Mekric, while the first engages Nalvis.

    OOC: Speed of Action: Reaction Time - Hindrance
    Graggorid: 129 - 50(clothing) - 100(maul / movement) = -21
    Nalvis: 118 - 50(clothing) - 100(axe) = -32

    GM: The Graggorid takes two steps forward, simultaneously swinging the thigh bone he wields for a weapon. There appears to be no strategy in his attack, only brute force.

    OOC: Physical Assault: Attack(Combat) + Precision(Commercial) + Fury(Collegiate) + d100
    Graggorid: 16 + 14 + 12 + 72 = 114
    Nalvis: 21 + 14 + 13 + 70 = 118

    Physical Defense: Defend(Combat) + Preservation(Commercial) + Konokoro(Collegiate) + d100
    Nalvis: 21 + 14 + 13 + 70 = 118
    Graggorid: 16 + 14 + 12 + 72 = 114

    GM: The Graggorid are evenly matched in the first exchange, neither able to hurt the other, their weapons connecting each other both times.

    Character Data
    Nalvis: full health
    Mekric: full health
    Abrine: full health
    Rekyavik: full health
    Renyaveer: full health
    flint arrows: 7
    bone arrows: 10
    Quill: full health
    javelins: 6

    Group Inventory
    Muddle Leaves: 2 measures: Muddle x2

    OOC: Arbrine can see the first two enemies. She will be next in a separate post.
    Last edited by MacConnell; Tuesday, 14th August, 2018 at 05:10 PM.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Quagmire Ranch
    Posts
    1,422

    The Graggorid: Arbrine

    OOC: Reaction Time:
    Nalvis: -32 - 40(dazed) = -72
    Mekric: 12 + 20 +15 + 41 = 88
    Arbrine: -110
    Rekyavik: -239
    Renyaveer: -267
    Quill: -98
    Graggorid1: -21
    Graggorid2: -121 - 20(dazed) = -141
    Graggorid3: -221
    Graggorid4: -321 - 50(hurt) = -371
    Graggorid5: -421 - 30(hurt) = -451
    Graggorid6: -521

    Not only do the second and third visible Graggorid move from the game trail to attempt to cross directly at the party, 4 others also move up into view, crossing the uneven terrain between the two party lines. The second Graggorid flanks Nalvis before the others can react. This one is wielding, what appears to be, a hip bone.
    OOC: Speed of Action: Reaction Time - Hindrance
    Graggorid2: 129 - 50(clothing) - 200(movement) = -121

    Physical Assault: attack(combat) + precision(commercial) + fury(collegiate) + d100
    Graggorid: 16 + 14 + 12 + 72 = 114

    Physical Defense: Defend(Combat) + Preservation(Commercial) + Konokoro(Collegiate) + d100
    Nalvis: 21 + 14 + 13 + 70 - 100(2nd opponent) + 14(kilter) = 32
    Damage: 114 - 32 = 82% * 5 = 4
    Mind: 10 - 4 = 6: dazed

    GM: The second Graggorid manages to get around Nalvis's guard and hit him in the side, bruising and possibly cracking a rib.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kwargrow View Post
    Arbrine intends to hop back a step and pull her sling. If she has time she will sling a stone into the approaching combatants, but if she is under melee attack she will punch and kick using Way to augment her strikes with Heat.
    OOC: roll:54
    OOC: Speed of Action: Reaction Time - Hindrance
    Arbrine: 100 - 110(clothing) - 100(sling) = -110

    Projectile Assault: launch(combat) + precision(commercial) + clarity(fury) + d100
    Arbrine: 15 + 13 + 18 + 54 + 100(point blank) = 200

    Projectile Avoidance: preservation(commercial) + konokoro(collegiate) + d100
    Graggorid2: 14 + 12 + 72 = 98
    Damage: 200 - 98 = 102% * 2 = 2
    Mind: 10 - 2 = 8: dazed

    GM: Arbrine's stone smacks into the Graggorid who flanked Nalvis, causing him to be slightly dazed.

    Quill launches her reed javelin at the 5th Graggorid who comes into view.
    OOC: Speed of Action: Reaction Time - Hindrance
    Quill: 112 - 110(clothing) - 100(javelin) = -98
    Graggorid5: 129 - 50(clothing) - 500(movement) = -421

    Projectile Assault: launch(combat) + precision(commercial) + clarity(fury) + d100
    Quill: 13 + 15 + 19 + 65 + 50(short range) = 162

    Projectile Avoidance: preservation(commercial) + konokoro(collegiate) + d100
    Graggorid5: 14 + 12 + 72 = 98
    Damage: 162 - 98 = 64% * 5 = 3
    Body: 10 - 3 = 7: hurt

    GM: The thin javelin stabs into the 5th Graggorid, inflicting some damage. The 3rd Graggorid reaches Rekyavik before he can lauch his harpoon, forcing him to change tactics. The two are evenly matched in this exchange and no damage is inflicted.

    OOC: Speed of Action: Reaction Time - Hindrance
    Renyaveer: 113 - 80(clothing) - 300(bow) = -267
    Graggorid4: -321

    Projectile Assault: launch(combat) + precision(commercial) + clarity(fury) + d100
    Renyaveer: 16 + 20 + 12 + 65 + 50(short range) = 163

    Projectile Avoidance: preservation(commercial) + konokoro(collegiate) + d100
    Graggorid4: 14 + 12 + 72 = 98
    Damage: 163 - 98 = 65% * 7 = 5
    Body: 10 - 5 = 5: injured

    GM: The flint arrow finds its mark, causing mild injury.

    NPC Data
    Graggorid2: Mind: 10 - 2 = 8: dazed
    Graggorid4: Body: 10 - 5 = 5: injured
    Graggorid5: Body: 10 - 3 = 7: hurt

    Character Data
    Nalvis: Mind: 10 - 4 = 6: dazed
    Mekric: full health
    Abrine: full health
    Rekyavik: full health
    Renyaveer: full health
    flint arrows: 7
    bone arrows: 10
    Quill: full health
    javelins: 6

    Group Inventory
    Muddle Leaves: 2 measures: Muddle x2

    OOC: Mekric will be next in a following post.
    Last edited by MacConnell; Tuesday, 14th August, 2018 at 06:44 PM.
    XP Kwargrow gave XP for this post

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Quagmire Ranch
    Posts
    1,422

    The Graggorid: Mekric

    OOC: Reaction Time:
    Graggorid1: -21
    Nalvis: -32 - 40(dazed) = -72
    Quill: -98
    Arbrine: -110
    Mekric: -122
    Graggorid2: -121 - 20(dazed) - 20(dazed) = -161
    Graggorid3: -221
    Rekyavik: -239
    Renyaveer: -267
    Graggorid4: -321 - 50(hurt) = -371
    Graggorid5: -421 - 30(hurt) = -451
    Graggorid6: -521

    Quote Originally Posted by Kwargrow View Post
    Mekric intends to stand with her brother, if more than one Greggorid comes at Nalvis, she will strike one that he does not attack.
    OOC: roll: 41
    OOC: Speed of Action: Reaction Time - Hindrance
    Mekric: 88 - 110(clothing) - 100(staff) = -122

    Physical Assault: attack(combat) + precision(commercial) + fury(collegiate) + d100
    Mekric: 12 + 20 + 14 + 41 = 87

    Physical Defense: Defend(Combat) + Preservation(Commercial) + Konokoro(Collegiate) + d100
    Graggorid: 16 + 14 + 12 + 30 = 72
    Damage: 87 - 72 = 15% * 10 = 2
    Mind: 8 - 2 = 6: dazed

    GM: Mekric whips the end of her staff at the second opponent on Nalvis, the same one that Arbrine struck with a stone, further hindering his ability to think clearly.

    NPC Data
    Graggorid2: Mind: 10 - 2 - 2 = 6: dazed
    Graggorid4: Body: 10 - 5 = 5: injured
    Graggorid5: Body: 10 - 3 = 7: hurt

    Character Data
    Nalvis: Mind: 10 - 4 = 6: dazed
    Mekric: full health
    Abrine: full health
    Rekyavik: full health
    Renyaveer: full health
    flint arrows: 6
    bone arrows: 10
    Quill: full health
    javelins: 5

    Group Inventory
    Muddle Leaves: 2 measures: Muddle x2

    OOC: Nalvis is next for his second action.
    Last edited by MacConnell; Yesterday at 04:54 PM.
    XP Kwargrow gave XP for this post

  9. #39
    OOC: So I don't have to make 3 posts I'll state their intentions and rolls in one.


    Nalvis is disgusted at the brutal, savage faces before him. Still dealing with the grief over his parents he screams in rage as he intends to bury his axe in the face of his Graggorid opponent.

    OOC: roll: 71


    Mekric intends to stand with Nalvis and Vik, striking and pushing with her staff to keep the Graggorid back.

    OOC: roll: 87


    Arbrine sees what little effect her stone has and drops her sling. With a slight smile she intends to rush forward at her best target Graggorid, grab him, and use Heat to burn him.

    OOC: roll: 87 (lol, yes I rolled separate for them)
    Last edited by Kwargrow; Today at 04:16 AM.
    XP MacConnell gave XP for this post

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Quagmire Ranch
    Posts
    1,422

    Fighting Graggorid: Nalvis

    OOC: Reaction Time:
    Graggorid1: -171
    Nalvis: -262 - 40(dazed) = -302
    Quill: -98
    Arbrine: -110
    Mekric: -122
    Graggorid2: -121 - 20(dazed) - 20(dazed) = -161
    Graggorid3: -221
    Rekyavik: -239
    Renyaveer: -267
    Graggorid4: -321 - 50(hurt) = -371
    Graggorid5: -421 - 30(hurt) = -451
    Graggorid6: -521

    Quote Originally Posted by Kwargrow View Post
    Nalvis is disgusted at the brutal, savage faces before him. Still dealing with the grief over his parents he screams in rage as he intends to bury his axe in the face of his Graggorid opponent.
    OOC: roll: 71
    OOC: Speed of Action: Reaction Time - Hindrance
    Graggorid1: -21 - 50(clothing) - 100(mace) = -171
    Nalvis: -72 - 50(clothing) - 100(axe) - 40(dazed)= -262

    Physical Assault: attack(combat) + precision(commercial) + fury(collegiate) + d100
    Graggorid1: 16 + 14 + 12 + 83 = 125
    Nalvis: 21 + 14 + 13 + 71 = 119

    Physical Defense: Defend(Combat) + Preservation(Commercial) + Konokoro(Collegiate) + d100
    Nalvis: 119
    Graggorid: 125

    GM: Despite his anger and rage, Nalvis is still unable to overcome his opponents defense. Fortunately the Graggorid has been unsuccessful in his assault as well. Sadly, Nalvis feels the previous hit is hindering his fighting skill and is thankful his sister has engaged the second opponent.

    NPC Data
    Graggorid2: Mind: 10 - 2 - 2 = 6: dazed
    Graggorid4: Body: 10 - 5 = 5: injured
    Graggorid5: Body: 10 - 3 = 7: hurt

    Character Data
    Nalvis: Mind: 10 - 4 = 6: dazed
    Mekric: full health
    Abrine: full health
    Rekyavik: full health
    Renyaveer: full health
    flint arrows: 6
    bone arrows: 10
    Quill: full health
    javelins: 5

    Group Inventory
    Muddle Leaves: 2 measures: Muddle x2

    OOC: Arbrine will be next in a separate post with Quill.
    Last edited by MacConnell; Today at 03:44 PM.
    XP Kwargrow gave XP for this post

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Similar Threads

  1. Hermits, tell me about your discovery!
    By Delazar in forum *D&D 5th Edition News, Rules, Homebrews, and House Rules
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Monday, 9th January, 2017, 01:39 AM
  2. Interesting Discovery!!
    By Mystery Man in forum *Varied Geek Talk & Media Lounge
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Tuesday, 2nd August, 2005, 10:06 PM
  3. The Discovery downer
    By Crothian in forum *Varied Geek Talk & Media Lounge
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: Wednesday, 13th April, 2005, 07:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •