Life Transference for wizards: What's your experience?

Dausuul

Legend
Please note that I am looking for people who have actually used this spell or seen it used in play. I don't need help theorycrafting, I can do that just fine on my own.

So, I'm in a group which is... ah... short on healers. And by "short," I mean, "we don't have any."

I'm thinking about picking up life transference for my 8th-level wizard as a "poor man's cleric" option. I have a 16 Con and am pretty good at staying out of melee, so I usually have the hit points to spare.

Has anyone tried using life transference this way? How well has it worked for you? I definitely want to get some healing capacity in the party, but I'd rather not burn one of my two free spell picks on a spell that sits in my spellbook and never gets cast.

jgsugden

Legend
Have it. Don't use it. I have it and vampiric touch and had the idea of a little drain and spread the wealth.

I either don't want to spend the slots, or feel nervous about giving up the HPs.

Dausuul

Legend
Have it. Don't use it. I have it and vampiric touch and had the idea of a little drain and spread the wealth.

I either don't want to spend the slots, or feel nervous about giving up the HPs.
What is it about giving up the hit points that worries you? Is it the random element, or are you just wary of dipping too low?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases