Wish spell ending Feeblemind effect

First Post
Hello. My companions and I have a doubt.
We know that the caster of a Wish spell suffer a stress (described on the spell) for any effect except duplicating spells.
A feeblemind spell can be ended with greater restoration, heal or wish.
Can I use a Wish spell to duplicate greater restoration ou heal and avoid the Wish spell stress?
In other words, can the duplicated spell be treated as the original spell?

Last edited:

Yeah, that seems perfectly fine.

Personally, I would rule that even an effect which says, "This effect can only be ended by a Wish spell," is automatically not stressful. My group all thought they nerfed Wish pretty severely, though, so the few times I've seen it cast the DM judged whether or not the effect was stressful based on the scope of the Wish rather than whether or not it duplicated a spell. Duplicating a spell was still never stressful.

Still, RAW, you can remove Feeblemind by duplicating Greater Restoration with Wish, so it isn't stressful.

neogod22

Explorer
Yeah, that seems perfectly fine.

Personally, I would rule that even an effect which says, "This effect can only be ended by a Wish spell," is automatically not stressful. My group all thought they nerfed Wish pretty severely, though, so the few times I've seen it cast the DM judged whether or not the effect was stressful based on the scope of the Wish rather than whether or not it duplicated a spell. Duplicating a spell was still never stressful.

Still, RAW, you can remove Feeblemind by duplicating Greater Restoration with Wish, so it isn't stressful.
I was going to say the same thing about wish except for, if the effect can only be ended with a Wish, such as the very few soul destroying things in the game (like going into the negative plane or being consumed by an artifact). Those automatically causes the weakness effect

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases