I don't know where I saw it, but what grants Advantage to Saving Throws vs Magic?

Slit518

Adventurer
I don't remember where I saw it, but if I recall correctly, something grants Advantage to Saving Throws vs Magic.

I can't remember if it was a class feature,
race feature,
feat,
or what.

Is anyone able to refresh my memory?

Slit518

Adventurer
Pseudodragons, for one.

There may be others.

For some reason I thought Wizards got it at later levels, or that having a Familiar out in a certain radius granted this.

But looking it up that wasn't the case.

Unless, this is a case of the Mandela Effect! *DUN DUN DUN-UN-UN-UN!*

Caliban

Rules Monkey
I don't remember where I saw it, but if I recall correctly, something grants Advantage to Saving Throws vs Magic.

I can't remember if it was a class feature,
race feature,
feat,
or what.

Is anyone able to refresh my memory?

Being Yaun Ti
Being a Gnome (for Wisdom, Intelligence, and Charisma saves only)
Having an Imp or Pseudo dragon with a familiar contract (not from the Warlock Pact of the Chain)

Having Foresight cast on you (9th level wizard spell)
Having Circle of Power cast on you (5th Level Paladin spell)

Having a Mantle of Spell Resistance (vs Spells only)

leogobsin

First Post
Abjuration Wizard gets it at 14th level, it's a racial feature for Yuan-ti.
Pseudodragons ans Quasits (also possibly other monsters, I'm not sure) have variant rules where they can choose to serve as a familiar, and they then share their Magic Resistance with their master if they're within 10 feet.

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
Magic items: mantle of spell resistance.

Monsters: Magic resistance. advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effect.

Abjurer 14th level feature Spell Resistance.

Last edited:

Slit518

Adventurer
Being a Gnome (for Wisdom, Intelligence, and Charisma saves only)
Having an Imp or Pseudo dragon with a familiar contract (not from the Warlock Pact of the Chain)

This must of been what I saw.

The optional Familiar rules, certain Familiars grant Advantage on Saving Throws vs Magic.

That and the Abjuration Wizard getting it as a feature at 14th level.

No wonder those two things popped into my brain!

Thanks, everyone!

Are we talking about saving throws vs. spells or saving throws vs. magic? Because in 5e, those are two completely different things, and it looks like several posters are getting them mixed up.

pukunui

Legend
The Spellguard Shield is another one. It not only grants advantage in saves vs spells but also impose disadvantage on spell attacks.

Remove ads