[October] What Are You Reading?

WayneLigon

Adventurer
So far, still working on the Harry Dresden series by Butcher. Right now, I'm on #4, Summer Knight. Harry, assisted by Billy the undergrad werewolf, is trying to solve the murder of the Summer Knight. Each Court of the faeries, Winter and Summer, have knights, mortals who are their agents in the mortal realms. With war brewing between the Courts, Summer's Knight is now dead.

So far, still great fun. This series is a blueprint for a great d20 Modern campaign.

Mercule

Adventurer
Just finished reading Ringworld. Been on my list for a while and I finally got to it.

Not sure what I'll read next. Maybe Ringworld Engineers, but more likely non-fiction.

Starman

Adventurer
I just finished Diary by Chuck Palahniuk. I'm not sure what I'll read next, possibly Dark Ages Nosferatu from the WW Dark Ages line.

Starman

Last edited:

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Cthulhu's Librarian said:
Tigana by Guy Gavriel Kay (ENWorld Book Group selection)
Oooh! Gotta gets me some of that book group action! I haven't read Tigana, but I'm a big fan of Kay.

I just finished reading Darwin's Radio, by Greg Bear. The science was sometimes over my head, but it was quite interesting. I liked Eternity better, though.

Daniel

drnuncheon

Explorer
Just finished Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

My lunchtime paperback is The Source, book III of the Necroscope series.

On my table, from the library: How to Be Good by Nick Hornby, Idlewild by Nick Sagan, and a book by someone not named Nick, Dante's Equation by Jane Jensen.

Eagerly awaiting (1.5 week late) day-of-birth B&N gift card to purchase: Terry Pratchett, Monstrous Regiment, or perhaps Neil (not Nick) Stephenson's Quicksilver.

J

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases