D&D 5E (IC) Rise of the Dracolich

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Kalorn stepped outside, ignoring the wind. Not feeling the cold was small luxury. The best kind.

Upon seeing the ship, which clearly wasn't an ancient wreck, he turned to the shaman and raised an eyebrow, disbelief and irritation made plain.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Mord continued along, not bothering to push the woman any further at this point. Instead he looked forward, studying the wreck as they approached it.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Sesto looked at the ship too and it was obvious that the ship has not been there particularly long. Sesto turned to the shaman, pointed at the ship and said "the ship yonder doesn't seem to have been wrecked in a natural way. It almost looks as if there has been a white dragon spraying the ship with its icy breath and encrusting it in ice. Have you seen a white dragon nearby?". Sesto peered at the shaman while he was waiting for Loklafd to translate.

OOC: To fool the shaman to think that Sesto knows what's he talking about: Deception check: 1D20-1 = [20]-1 = 19
Sesto trying to understand the Shaman's intentions: Insight check : 1D20+8 = [4]+8 = 12

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The shaman sighed and revealed her moderate skill with the common language, saying, "Barking Seal be good chief, but he be bad liar. That be Horn Lady's boat, sure as snow. Even so, you must go. We be prisoners here. Prisoners of Dragon known as Icy Death."

She looked around as if she feared there were spies and continued in a low voice, "When Dragon was living, we give him space and most-time he leave us alone. Then he is wounded in fight and then visitors come. Dragon died and we think we are free, but visitors bring him back... back to unlife - Lich he is. Terrible as ice-rain and mean as wounded bear. If he finds you here, he kill you. He kill us for helping you. You must go."

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"Fortunately for us, we have yet faced a greater dracolich and survived already."

Mord kept his voice low, playing to the woman's fear of being overheard.

"We do not wish to put your people in danger, but there is a greater threat which we seek to thwart. It likely involves Icy Death as well, and we need the object Macath The Crimson had come here to seek out."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"The Horn Lady is taken to the Ice Caves. I know not if she alive." said Bonecarver the shaman, a glint of hope in her eyes, "You say you break Dragon-Lich before? Can you do it once more? Do you think you can break Icy Death?"

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"The Horn Lady is taken to the Ice Caves. I know not if she alive." said Bonecarver the shaman, a glint of hope in her eyes, "You say you break Dragon-Lich before? Can you do it once more? Do you think you can break Icy Death?"
Mord nodded, willing to play upon the woman's hopes and fears to achieve their needs.

"I believe that we can do so. It will not be easy, but if we cannot complete our mission, the world will be in great danger. Icy Death is but a minion of a far greater evil."

OOC: Deception: [roll0]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Wind, snow, and a small amount of melting had changed the overall shape of the ice that held the damaged ship frozen to the ice burg, but striations in the ice suggested that the damage was done from a flash-freeze from above. Sesto concluded that it was most likely caused by the breath of a white dragon as it flew over the ship. The ship was of Luskan shipbuilder's design, and in the modern style. Deep within the ice, a few corpses could be seen; a typical Luskar crew.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The shaman Bonecarver took a small totemic carving out of her bag and threw it into the sea. She sighed and said, "That was my fear - gone now. I think you will free my people. We must go back to village. Tell Chief Barking Seal you agree it is not the boat. But you must wait to morning, for your boat to come back. He offer you fish, but do not eat the fish - he will poison the fish. You will stay in an empty hut not far from mine. In night, I will whistle. You come to my hut and I will show you way to Ice Caves. Do not go to village hall - they will guard village hall - come to my hut. I will show you."

Remove ads