Killer Plants - Maximum Frondage - Part 1 of 3

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Cool, now I can see what you found.

-pause to read webpage-

Neat. I'd heard of some of the plants (Venus Flytraps, cactus) but not others. The Irish myths surrounding plants were new to me.

A long time ago, I found a book titled Dangerous Plants or Dangerous Vegetables. This was a collection of sci-fi and horror short-stories which presumed plants had better sensory organs and the brains to react to what they sense. I stole a bunch of ideas for my Gamma World background notes.
- Plant with "life leech field" can kill you through the walls, mysteriously.
- Very active holly plants, in thick enough density, try to scratch/rip passing animals to get extra nutrients
- Drink enough of a biochemical and it will infuse your body, turning you into a fungus-person. Drink not-enough and the transformation goes horrifyingly wrong...

nice thanks for the info. :)

I'm getting ready the next part where I'm getting a smattering of killer plants in gaming.

I've done dnd and gamma world pretty well but seeing if there are any that grab you from other games.

(I'm doing this mainly to see if there's any new territory and/or wiggle room in the category and want to bring everybody along for the ride).

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
great list, some new listings I hadn't known of before (why a cactus cat?) though I did miss seeing Vegetable Sheep:)

I find it amusing that you list Audrey II as a more iconic killer plant than the Triffid - but that could be a cultural/age difference

okay I'm officially intrigued. vegetable sheep?

and yeah, I'm not disagreeing on the triffids being absolutely an iconic killer plant. I just didn't run into them until about a few years ago (and fortunately had the gumption to run away intact) :p

Remove ads