Pathfinder 2E [IC] JM's "Doomsday Dawn" Playtest Party#1 Chapter#1

Jericho finds himself in slipping on a slick spot and manages to creep out of the oil slick (to E7).
Urik reaches to the room and avoids the slick spot. He heals Hiromi for 7.
Elkran stays put and casts a spell at the buff-looking goblin. The goblin tries to keep Corwin between him and the scary Elkran. (failure Freightened 2)
Hiromi feels better after the healing but she fails to connect with her two attacks.
Corwin unleashes a flurry of wild swings, the final one connecting soundly. The goblin appears bloodied but is still up.

The big goblin attacks Corwin three times. (EDIT: Forgot fear, not that it matters, I think.)
_: 1D20+7 = [14]+7 = 21 -2 = 19 Hit
1D8+1 = [3]+1 = 4
1D20+2 = [16]+2 = 18 - 2 = 16 Hit
1D8+1 = [4]+1 = 5
1D20-3 = [10]-3 = 7 - 2 = 5 Miss
1D8+1 = [4]+1 = 5

He takes 9 hp of damage.

The other goblin attacks Hiromi three times.
_: 1D20+6 = [12]+6 = 18 Hit
1D6 = [6] = 6
1D20+2 = [3]+2 = 5 Miss
1D6 = [3] = 3
1D20-1 = [11]-1 = 10 Miss
1D6 = [3] = 3

She takes 6 hp of damage.

The spellcaster gestures and vocalizes and a vine shoots from his finger toward Corwin. And then he steps to F2, out of sight of some of you.
_: 1D20+6 = [4]+6 = 10 It misses.

Party is up.
ashen ossuary NG.png

Kaodi

Hero
Seeing that his companions are in danger Urik decides he must risk the slick looking substance covering the ground. He steps out onto the surface as cautiously as he can afford and then quickly hops off, brushing by Jericho on his way to attack. He forms a line with Hiromi and Corwin and then takes a backhanded swing at the goblin menacing the bloodied fighter.

OOC: 1. Step to D8.
2. Stride to E7 -> D6 -> C5.
3. Strike! Morningstar: 1D20+4 = [7]+4 = 11
1D6+3 = [3]+3 = 6

Jesus Christ, we are getting completely hosed by RNG.

Radaceus

Adventurer
Elkran, noticing a magical thorny whip from yonder ledge, wills his dancing lights to illuminate said ledge. Pulling out his crossbow which he loaded but never fired previously, moves to a better position behind Hiromi, making eye contact and crazy faces at the big frightened goblin as he moves forward.

OOC: I am not actually sure if Elkran is aware of the oil slick, having failed his original perception roll ( prior to others triggering the trap) do i need to make a Dc check? and I think I would now have perceived the Thorn whip coming from the ledge? so am going to act on that.

1>Concentration Dancing lights, move two to E1, two to E3
2> pull out Crossbow ( I just realized the 2 hand thing, means i cant be Somatic casting spells and holding the crossbow ( I presumed I could hold it one hand...only 1+ handed items can do that...so retcon, must have shouldered it...)
3> Stride to B7 ( is this a rock he can climb on?)

GM: Elkran needs to make an acrobatics roll DC 15 to avoid falling in the grease area. The rock at B7 is maybe 3 feet higher than the cave floor. No special roll to get on top of it.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Hiromi was desperate. She was certain that without the magical healing she had received, that she would be dead or dying by now. No sooner than her minor wounds had healed up, then the goblin got past her defences again and had left a long scratch on her arm. She would have to find a way to get better, and fast. She lunged in, stabbing at it with her rapier and slashing with her dagger.

OOC: 1: Strike! [roll0] for [roll1]p; 2: Strike! [roll2] for [roll3]s; 3: Strike! [roll4] for [roll5]s

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Uh... my Rapier attack is wrong, even though I double-checked it multiple times. Strange. It should be: [roll0] Sorry about that. EDIT: Not that it matters...

Oh, and her HP is 6/17 now.

GreenKarl

First Post
Jericho tries to get around the oil and behind Corwin. He then attempts to use his skills in medicine to aid that badly wounded fighter. "In a second I am can brew up a healing potion but you need to drink it fast" he says to the man.

OOC: Man Jericho is pretty worthless :)
1) Is E6 difficult terrain? Stride to E6>D6
2) Battle Medic on Corwin [roll0] vs. DC 20 (HAHA)
3) Interact with this Alchemist Bag to put it on the ground before him.

My hope is that next round Corwin is still alive and that will save one action so that he can drink the potion

Remove ads