Rock based tabletop rpgs - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Shark View Post
    What you want is Starchildren: Velvet Generation, a game set in a fascist-dominated future where the Ministries of Culture dictate what kinds of art and music are allowed, and the PCs are underground musicians sparking revolution with their music. As you might guess, it's heavily influenced by Bowie, Rush, and Pink Floyd, among others.
    You description reminds me of a short tv series about a teen who ends up in a parallel fascist universe and begins to inspire rebellion among the downtrodden by becoming a rock star using the music he remembers from his Earth. The name of which escapes my google-fu currently.

Starchildren: Velvet Generation is focused upon rock bands (and alien fans thereof) in an era where rock has been banned.

There is the Five Fires RPG which is focused on hip hop music and its surrounding culture, which may be of use to you.
    XP gilgallo gave XP for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyalcatraz View Post
    Have you considered using a toolbox system and doing your own thing?
    Hi there! Yes, we did think about making our own thing. That's why I am asking for further inspiration sources. And swe wish to avoid creating a product that already exists

Quote Originally Posted by gilgallo View Post
    Hi there! Yes, we did think about making our own thing. That's why I am asking for further inspiration sources. And swe wish to avoid creating a product that already exists
    Admirable... but, if you find inspiration but mechanics you don't find usable, it may be worthwhile to do something better.

And, just as a bit of slightly off topic- the Band GWAR had a minis game, GWAR: Rumble in Antarctica. Worth reading just for the fill text that gives the (hopefully false) origins of the Band, and an excuse for them to be slaughtering others...

it was almost to the level of an RPG. Well, about as close as the original WH40K... maybe a hair closer. Opposed roll attacks, using roll x dice, keep y dice, using the XkY notation as used in L5R and 7th sea. According to my former roommate, BC, it's as much fun as an RPG as it is as a minis game. (BC is now, after a mid-life crisis in his early 30's, an ex-owner of a cab company and a merchant seaman. As far as I know, he's still a fan of GWAR - the band, the comic, and the game.)
    XP gilgallo, Dannyalcatraz gave XP for this post

Quote Originally Posted by aramis erak View Post
    Admirable... but, if you find inspiration but mechanics you don't find usable, it may be worthwhile to do something better.

And, just as a bit of slightly off topic- the Band GWAR had a minis game, GWAR: Rumble in Antarctica. Worth reading just for the fill text that gives the (hopefully false) origins of the Band, and an excuse for them to be slaughtering others...

it was almost to the level of an RPG. Well, about as close as the original WH40K... maybe a hair closer. Opposed roll attacks, using roll x dice, keep y dice, using the XkY notation as used in L5R and 7th sea. According to my former roommate, BC, it's as much fun as an RPG as it is as a minis game. (BC is now, after a mid-life crisis in his early 30's, an ex-owner of a cab company and a merchant seaman. As far as I know, he's still a fan of GWAR - the band, the comic, and the game.)
    WOW!

Can I read it?

Quick Reply Quick Reply