5E Lore Bard Debuffer: Spell Selection and Choice of Dip - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Since you are planning everything work out your polymorphs now. Get them stated up and ready to go with your DM.

Your DM might be liberal with them, I only let players polymorph into something their PC would know about. T- Rex is a favorite, but how many people in your average D&D world would even know such a creature ever existed? This gives your PC a chance to grow, and if your DM works with you on this then your DM becomes invested in your PC also and enjoys the game more. Since I limit polymorph this way I will let my players use some non-beast forms if it’s something they have encountered before.

I find polymorph to be effective on spell casters the most. For example you can have your Wizard run through his spells faster secure in the knowledge that when he runs out of spell slots you can transform him into a combat creature so he can contribute that way. This way a wizards low AC and HP are less of a factor.

Of course you can do this yourself also, when you run low on slots run through your forms.

2. Summons could be good spell secrets for your PC also, to act as tanks on the front line. Summer Greater Demon can get you a Tanarukk is a good brute choice.

Find Greater Steed is immense and the creature understands you so it can benefit from Inspiring Leader to beef it up some.

Summon spells have a table advantage also, you get to act twice as much in every combat round.

Quick Reply Quick Reply