9: ???
    10: Evasion?
    11: Reliable Talent
    12: ASI
    13: ???
    14: ???
    15: ???
    16: ???
    17: That one that lets a Wizard cast 1st and second level spells as cantrips
    18: ???
    19: ???
    20: ???

Can you tell I don't play much high level?

Quote Originally Posted by Gladius Legis View Post
    Your party must be literally all ranged characters.
    Nope. At one point the party was two-thirds melee. And I mean dedicated melee; a glaive-wielding* hexblade and a barbarian. (The hexblade died after a nasty encounter in the Abyss with a swarm of ghouls and gnolls, coupled with some very bad luck on death saves.)

We still had trouble collecting the bonus. Between flying/teleporting enemies, terrain hazards, and trying to avoid getting swarmed (e.g., by the aforementioned ghouls and gnolls), PCs in our party are constantly on the move. You could catch the hexblade and barbarian close together when they were focusing fire on a big enemy, but seldom otherwise. And as for the third PC, an archer ranger, you won't catch her going within a mile of anything else on the battlefield if she can help it.

*Actually a meteor hammer; we used glaive stats and switched the damage type.

Quote Originally Posted by Dausuul View Post
    Unfortunately, you're still limited by minor illusion: An object (not a creature) that fits in a 5-foot cube. It's still very useful, but the inability to create creatures puts a serious crimp in it.
    I creature a statue of a halfling, wearing actual clothing and holding an actual weapon. It's a halfling with stoneskin cast on it, run!

Quote Originally Posted by Mistwell View Post
    I creature a statue of a halfling, wearing actual clothing and holding an actual weapon. It's a halfling with stoneskin cast on it, run!
    And you'd die of embarrassment if anyone ever learned you fled from a halfling . . . okay so minor illusion is indeed a killer spell!
    Laugh Dausuul laughed with this post

Am I misreading the Paladin's aura as having a radius of 10 or 30 feet or is it a diameter of 10 or 30 feet? Because the former would obviate the dragon breath issue at high levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Quartz View Post
    Am I misreading the Paladin's aura as having a radius of 10 or 30 feet or is it a diameter of 10 or 30 feet? Because the former would obviate the dragon breath issue at high levels.
    It's radius.

Quick Reply Quick Reply