D&D 5E The Rhyot Break (OOC) - Tome of Knowledge

97mg

Explorer
Header2.jpg

Greetings Friends!

Please use this thread to store and maintain your approved character sheets.
I'll use this also as a growing repository of world information from time to time.

Game threads:

IC Thread - Chapter One: Endless White

OOC Discussion (Game-related banter, questions and chat)

Tome of Knowledge (Approved characters, and an evolving repository of world information from the DM)

Maps & Locations:

Isle of Solov

Worldmap.jpg

Please consider the above a rough, potentially inaccurate layout of the Isle of Solov. The sources of this information are dubious at best! Landmarks and features may well have been missed by it's elderly scriber, and we like to allow players the freedom to contribute to the land and its anthropology too, as we go along. The following however is common knowledge:

Geography: The Isle of Solov is stranded within a great ocean, and forms an intersect between The White Sea, The Aquine Sea and The Sea of Korrus. Although there are numerous small islands off the edge of the map, only a very rare few can claim to have set sail and landed elsewhere, excluding Korrud Dwarves of course. They arrived from some distant landmass to the south, and strangely enough most locals have no interest in sailing The Sea of Korrus and checking Korrud out, first hand.

Although a humble isle, the reaches of your homeland are large and diverse in landscape, culture and mystery. The far north houses a massive fractured glacial plateau, a beach said to be formed of glass, an ever-frozen Halst Peak and more. To simplify the general areas of Solov, it is broken into four sections.

Reinne & its Lands: The most populated area of Solov is to the east, where a variety of natural wonders have helped greatly in the beginnings of civilization. Plains, lakes, shady hills and ample farmland conjoin. The old capital Reinne, is little more than a town these days, with most cityfolk moving to Rowtil city following the fall of Solov's last king several hundred years ago. Monarchy didn't work. It never could. This land was too fractured, varied and vast to suit one ruler alone. Instead, much of Solov's ways are the olden kind, tribal, family-driven, and at times perhaps barbaric or anarchistic.

Wilds: Solov's central region houses some of the isle's harshest environments. Hard and rugged enough to make The Rhyot Break seem like a holiday retreat. Endless dry flats, steaming rivers of molten lava crawling down from towering volcanics, sinkholes that randomly open under one's feet, and if a gale breaks along the coastline, stand well back from Fool'swing Cliffs. Even a fool with wings wouldn't make it.

Quostland: Isolated from the growth (and invasion) of the Reinne, protected by Wilds, Quostland is a peaceful and attractive parcel of Solov. Visitors by sea from Reinne have described the inhabitants as simple folk, who worship a deity named Quost (a bull with nine legs) and seem quite content to live in a sustainable and non-ambitious manner. Slowly perhaps, Quostland is becoming corrupted through tourism and the beginnings of trade with the east, but it is unlikely Reinne could be blamed should The Korrud happen to land there some future day.

Holylands: You've heard of Solov's far west, but not many sources have been generous in detail. A natural fault line, Pincer's Split, all but separates this dreamy place from its neighbors. What people do make mention of under their breath, is The Renir Break, a site theoretically rich in ruby deposits. Also a pair of enormous tors that lean together like lovers, with a shadow that never moves despite the arc of the sun.

Is the rest rumor, hearsay, old wives tales, or truth? There is probably only one way to find out... should things go well.

The Rhyot Break

Minemap.jpg

Player Characters:

@daindarkspring - Zemryn Neveryn - Female High Elf Paladin
@Steve Gorak - Gimlak - Male Human Barbarian
@Imladir - Faenala Onarieth - Female High Elf Wizard
@JustinCase - Welkin di Vicomte - Male Tiefling Warlock
@TallIan - Rorik Brigward - Male Human Fighter
@McD MIA- Rolin Nazfell - Male Half-Elf Rogue
@EarlyBird MIA - Gob Ironfoot - Male Halfling Monk
@tglassyMIA - Thorin - Male Dragonborn Sorcerer

Post Formatting:

The below is just a guide. Everyone has their own style, and that's fine. For the sake of consistency though, please feel free to format your posts as follows :)

Titles: You are welcome to title your posts if you want.
Actions and reactions: Plain text
Speech: "Use quotation marks and a pretty color."
Thoughts: Use italics and a pretty color.
OOC Stuff, Questions, Dice Rolls: Pop at the end of posts between ooc tags.

Rolling Dice: Use https://rolz.org/dr?room=Rhyot stating your character name and reason for roll, eg: #d20+3 #Bob Initiative
or https://www.coyotecode.net/roll/

Style of Play:

My preference is that story comes first, and the inner musings, actions, dialogue, relationships and paths of characters are more important than unwavering interpretations of rules, extended disputes or technical issues which arrive in a tabletop designed game such as D&D. I'll make some rule interpretation mistakes and errors along the way for sure! I ask for your forgiveness in advance :) Everyone is important to the Solov world, and look forward to seeing where it takes us all.

Other Stuff:

Except during combat, you are welcome to make pre-emptive skill based dice rolls once per post. If you learn anything I'll respond. If I ignore it, then you've failed to gather new information.
Pace / Posting Frequency:

I aim to post at least once per week (seems to be Thurs-Fri Aussie time at the moment), giving everyone about a week to respond. If anyone is unable to post in this time-frame I'll continue anyway, for the benefit of those that are keeping up. If we happen to all move faster than one post a week then fantastic! I'm actually available to reply most days.

If you miss a weekly cycle don't stress, however if you miss two or more in a row I'll assume you are MIA. Please contact me if you need some leave from the game or need more time to respond, we will work something out :)

Most Importantly:

Have fun :)

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
Gob.jpg

[sblock=Gob Ironfoot]
Race: Halfling (lightfoot)
Class/Level: Monk 1
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Size: Small
Type (Subtype): Humanoid (halfling)
Init: +3
Speed: 25ft
Senses: Passive Perception: 12
Languages: Common, Halfling
Background: Urchin
Ispiration: none

STATISTICS
Str 10 (+0), Dex 17 (+3) , Con 13 (+1), Int 08 (-1), Wis 14(+2), Cha 13 (+1)

AC: 15 (dex, wis)
HP: 09 (1d8 +1)
Prof. Bonus +2
Proficiencies: all simple weapons and shortswords
Tools: Reed Flute, Disguise Kit, Thieves' Tools
Feats: none
Saves: STR +2, DEX +5
Special Defenses: none

Combat:
MELEE: unarmed strike +5, 1d4+3 bludgeoning

Skills:
+3 (dex) Acrobatics
+2 (wis) Animal Handling
-1 (int) Arcana
+2 (str) Athletics*
+1 (cha) Deception
-1 (int) History
+4 (wis) Insight*
+1 (cha) Intimidation
-1 (int) Investigation
+2 (wis) Medicine
-1 (int) Nature
+2 (wis) Perception
+1 (cha) Performance
+1 (cha) Persuasion
-1 (int) Religion
+5 (dex) Sleight of Hand*
+5 (dex) Stealth*
+2 (wis) Survival
* proficient

Racial:
Ability Scores: +2 DEX and +1 CHA
Size: Small
Speed: 25 feet
Lucky: whenever you roll a 1 on an attack roll, ability check, or save you can reroll that die and must use the new roll
Brave: advantage on saves against being frightened
Halfling Nimbleness: can move through the space of any creature that is of a size catagory larger than yours
Naturally Stealthy: you can attempt to hide even when you are obscured only by a creature that is at least one size larger than you
Languages: Halfling and Common

Urchin:
Skills: Sleight of Hand and Stealth
Tools: Disguise Kit and Thieves' Tools
Feature: CITY SECRETS: You know the secret patterns and flow to cities and can find passages through the urban sprawl that others would miss. When you are not in combat, you (and companions
you lead) can travel between any two locations in the city twice as fast as your speed would normally allow.

Monk:
-Martial Arts:
--can use DEX instead of STR for attack and damage rolls with unarmed strikes and monk weapons
--use d4 in place of the normal damage of unarmed strikes or monk weapons
--when using the Attack action with an unarmed strike or monk weapon (on your turn), you can make one unarmed strike as a bonus action

Combat Gear:
none

Other Gear:
common, clothes (furs)
torch

Treasure:
GP: 00 SP: 00 CP: 00

Carrying Capacity: 150 lbs
Push/Drag/Lift: 300 lbs
Climb: 12' Swim: 12'
Long Jump: 10' & 5'
High Jump: 3' & 1.5'
Hold Breath: 2 minutes

Personality:
Trait: I think anyone nice to me is hiding evil intent.
Trait: I am horribly, horribly awkward in social situations.
Ideal: I'm going to prove that I'm worthy of a better life.
Bond: No one else would have endured the hardships I've been through.
Flaw: Gold seems like a lot of money to me, and I'll do just about anything for more of it.

Sex: Male
Height: 3'-2"
Weight: 39lbs
Hair Color: sandy brown
Facial Hair: none
Eye Color: brown
Skin Tone: fair
Scars/Tattoos: none
Description: Gob looks like a beggar or homeless kid when first seen. He wears no shoes, has ragged and torn breeches, and a once white lenin shirt that is stained and dirty. His hair is unkempt and gets in his eyes alot, it also covers his pointed ears which leads to him being him mistaken for a human child instead of an adult halfling.
History Only in his early teens when The Korrud swept through his small village, Gob fled the destruction and loss of his family for the walled cities of the big folk. Finding no help or solace, he took to running the streets with bands of children to survive. During the dwarven occupation Gob was caught stealing and sent to The Rhyot Break. He has been digging and surviving for going on six years now. His only protection, his natural talent with his fist.

[sblock=Combat]
AC: 15 (dex, wis)
HP: 09/09 HD: 1/1 (1d8+1)
Speed: 25'
Saves: STR +2, DEX +5, CON +1, INT -1, WIS +2, CHA +1
Features: none

Combat:
MELEE: unarmed strike +5, 1d4+3 bludgeoning

Consumables:
torches 01/01[/sblock][/sblock]

Imladir

Villager
2de2acadb5c07b513f8788885d8e1bd3.jpg

[sblock=Faenala Onarieth]
Race: High-Elf
Class/Level: Wizard 1
Alignment: Neutral Good
Size: Medium
Type (Subtype): Humanoid (elf)
Init: +2
Speed: 30ft
Senses: Passive Perception: 10
Languages: Common, Elvish, Dwarven, Gnomish
Background: Noble
Ispiration: none

STATISTICS
Str 9 (-1), Dex 14 (+2) , Con 12 (+1), Int 16 (+3), Wis 10 (+0), Cha 14 (+2)

AC: 12 (dex)
HP: 07 (1d6 +1)
Prof. Bonus +2
Proficiencies: Long/short swords and bows, daggers, darts, slings, quaterstaffs, light crossbows, Chess
Tools: Chess
Feats: none
Saves: STR -1, DEX +2, CON +1, INT +5, WIS +2, CHA +2

Combat:

Skills:
+2 (dex) Acrobatics
+0 (wis) Animal Handling
+5 (int) Arcana*
-1 (str) Athletics
+2 (cha) Deception
+5 (int) History*
+0 (wis) Insight
+2 (cha) Intimidation
+5 (int) Investigation*
+0 (wis) Medicine
+3 (int) Nature
+2 (wis) Perception*
+2 (cha) Performance
+4 (cha) Persuasion*
+3 (int) Religion
+2 (dex) Sleight of Hand
+2 (dex) Stealth
+0 (wis) Survival
* proficient

Racial:
Ability Scores: +2 DEX and +1 INT
Speed: 30 feet
Darkvision (60ft)
Keen Senses
Fey Ancestry (Advantage on saves against charms & sleep)
Trance: don't need to sleep, 4 hours trance instead
Languages: Elven, Common, Dwarvish, Gnomish

Noble:
Skills: Persuasion and History
Tools: Chess
Feature: POSITION OF PRIVILEGE

Wizard:
Spellcasting
Rituals
Arcane Recovery: recover Wizard levels divided by two (rounded up) spells slots after each short rests

Combat Gear:
none

Other Gear:
Bedroll
small aquamarine gemstone
Silver Ring
silver ring with an amber stone set within

Treasure:
GP: 13 SP: 00 CP: 00

Carrying Capacity: 135 lbs
Push/Drag/Lift: 270 lbs
Climb: 15' Swim: 15'
Long Jump: -' & -'
High Jump: -' & -'
Hold Breath: - minutes

Personality:
Trait: Despite mynoble birth, Ido not place mysel fabove other folk.Wealihavethe same blood.
Ideal: Noble Obligation. It is my duty to protect and care for the people beneath me.
Bond: I will face any challenge to win the approval of my family.
Flaw: By my words and actions, I often bring shame to my family.

Sex: Female
Height: 1m76
Weight: 52kg
Hair Color: Silver
Eye Color: Purple
Skin Tone: Ivory
Scars/Tattoos: none
Description: Faenala has never been particularly curvy, but her captivity made her really thin. It's not the most drastic change though: while she had blond hair when she arrived, her hair - in fact, her entire pilosity, as little as there is on an elven female - has become silver. Despite that, her light purple eyes still shine: she's not yet beaten.
History Faenala was passing through town with other members of her family when everything went to :):):):). As noble foreigners, odds were she would have been fine, if she hadn't been betrayed. Apparently, her arguments in her family in favour of being more open to the people under them had made her stronger ennemies than she had thought: one of them sold her for the mines, where it was hoped she would disappear forever. She hasn't yet...and is determined to not let things go like that.

Spells Known (And prepared):
-
0: Minor Illusion (fleece), Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
- 1: Find Familiar®, Grease (pork rind of butter), Mage Armor (piece of cured leather), Shield, Sleep (fine sand, rose petals or a cricket), Unseen Servant® (piece of string and a bit of wood)

[sblock=Combat]
AC: 15 (13 Mage Armor + 2dex)
HP: 07/07 HD: 1/1 (1d6+1)
Speed: 30'
Saves: STR -1, DEX +2, CON +1, INT +5, WIS +2, CHA +2
Features: none

Combat:

SpellsPrepared:
-
0: Minor Illusion (fleece), Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
- 1: Mage Armor (piece of cured leather), Shield, Sleep (fine sand, rose petals or a cricket), Unseen Servant® (piece of string and a bit of wood)
Consumables:
Spell level 1 slots: 0/4
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

daindarkspring

First Post
Zemryn Neveryn

Paladin 1 - High Elf (Neutral Good)

STR 11(+0) DEX 17(+3) CON 13(+1) INT 10(+0) WIS 12(+1) CHA 13(+1)

AC 13 INIT 3 SPD 30 HP 11/11

PASSIVE PERCEPTION 11

Zemryn_SM.jpg

[sblock=Appearance]Six years of bondage to the Korrud had seen Zemryn grow into a woman. She was small of build, but strong and nimble. Her eyes were like the pale blue stones that she often drew from spaces so tight and small that few beside her dared squirm into them. Her knuckles were constantly scabbed or bleeding from protecting herself, but those same hands were always quick to secretly heal a wound, or purge a poison, or treat a sickness. [/sblock]

[sblock=Personality]Dedicated, troubled. Perseverance towards a better future. Often conflicted with herself and her past. [/sblock]

[sblock=Background]Soldier.

It was two-hundred and thirty years since the High Priestess of Atemi, Amys Neveryn, second daughter of the Valenari Queen Kirya Neveryn of the White Crosse, had left her ancestral lands with fifty fellow Sacred Hand of Atemi warrior maidens. Their quest had been a spiritual one: to seek out and create a new shrine to Atemi, far from their homeland. A place where they could meditate on the wonders of their goddess, train in the arts of war, keep the peace around them, and eventually attain a higher plane.

After months of travel, across endless tracts of wood and waste, they came upon a valley situated high in a mountain pass. Surrounded by sheer grey cliffs, packed with snow in the winter and bursting with life in the spring, their goddess urged Amys to stop and make a shrine. Choosing a location perched at the edge of a crevasse and accessible by only a narrow path, the shrine took shape quickly, a simple but beautiful collection of temples and buildings built of native stone and embellished with the sparkling aquamarines found in abundance.

The priestesses trained and meditated, pleasing their goddess. The native peoples, at first ungrateful for the arrival of such aloof and exotic strangers, began to appreciate the Sacred Hand of Atemi. They were healers as well as warriors, and were able to maintain neutrality in disputes between locals. Their numbers were maintained by a pact with an order of Valenar knights. The bravest of these knights would submit to a pilgrimage to the shrine of Atemi, there to stay over the winter and find a mate, and then to take their leave in the spring. Their offspring, which by Atemi’s will were always female and born with unusual eyes, were raised in the shrine.

Then the tribal wars of the gems broke out in force, and the priestesses of Atemi were spread precariously thin as they tried to maintain balance and peace. Acts of atrocity tested their moral limits, and the sheer number of combatants made it difficult to affect outcomes of battles. The shrine was often packed with refugees and wounded.

Even through it all, Zemryn, daughter of Amys, could have never imagined what would happen next. Her first fifteen years of life had been idyllic. She sang songs to Atemi, listened to the holy tracts being chanted by the priestesses, learned the sacred mysteries, and trained in the arts of war. At night, her mother prepared her for the first important ritual of her life: the Embrace of Atemi. Zemyn would meet her goddess, connect with her, and become a priestess herself.

Everything changed when the Korrud came. Zemryn could still remember with vivid clarity the appearance of their banners as they crested the rise into the valley. It was like a forest of spears and pennants, moving with a cruel and monotonous purpose. Village after village fell, and finally the shrine itself became a target of the invading host.

Zemryn, along with the three other young priestesses, were pushed to the rear as the Korrud poured across the narrow pathway to the shrine. The battle was fierce, and the losses incurred by the dwarvish invaders were horrific. But the outcome was never in doubt. For every Korrud that fell, two more took his place. The crevasse on either side of the narrow approach was nearly filled with their dead but still they advanced. Slowly but inexorably, the priestesses of Atemi were slain one by one and the remainder were pushed back foot by foot, until only Amys herself stood at the entrance, her curved sword notched and chipped, chanting a prayer to her goddess as she lashed out at her enemies.

Slamming the great doors shut, she turned to face Zemryn. Her armor and clothing were covered in blood and gore. Still, despite the horrors beyond the door, her mother’s face had a certain serenity to it. If anything, it shone with the light of Atemi. But her end was near, and she knew it. She knelt down by her daughter and took her hand.

“Zemryn, my child. Atemi has chosen a hard path for you now. Hard as the stone of this mountain.” Taking hold of an amulet around her neck, a small red gem set in a gold disc, she tore it free and placed it in her daughter’s hand. She closed Amys’ fingers around it. The doors behind them began to shake and splinter. Amys’ eyes met Zemryn’s. “The Heart of Atemi. Keep this close to you, Zemryn. One day, you shall use it to find a new shrine, just as I did centuries ago. Survive, my daughter. Survive, until Atemi calls you. And then, seek out your future in her grace.” She leaned forward, kissing Amys on the forehead. “Now I go to her.”

The door was smashed in a moment later and Amys’ world became chaos and confusion. She saw her mother one last time, her sword dealing death around her, before she was engulfed and brought down in a flurry of blades. Her mother’s head was held aloft by a vengeful Korrud.

The Korrud were so enraged that they had killed the other two young priestesses and were moving on to Amys herself before they realized she was the last living Elf in the shrine. She was spared death by sword, and instead was crushed to the ground by a cruel hand. “Let her burrow in the earth. See how her goddess likes that.” These were the last words she heard before darkness and pain descended upon her.

Pain and remembrance.

Zemryn’s world was pain and remembrance. Doubt was her greatest enemy, and though it tore at her soul with each new day of slavery at the the Rhyot Break, she stood her ground just as her mother had done at the gates of the shrine.

The day would come when Atemi would grant that she start another journey. And she would survive to see that day. No matter what.[/sblock]

[sblock=Saves]

STR 0 DEX 3 CON 1 INT 0 WIS 3 CHA 3[/sblock]

[sblock=Abilities]

• Darkvision: Accustomed to twilit forests and the night sky, you have superior vision in dark and dim Conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in Darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in Darkness, only shades of gray.

• Keen Senses: You have proficiency in the Perception skill.

• Fey Ancestry: You have advantage on Saving Throws against being Charmed, and magic can’t put you to sleep

• Trance: 4 hours equal 8 hours sleep.

• Cantrip: Blade Ward (Cloak of Atemi). Resistant to B/P/S
  • Divine Sense: 2x per day.

Lay on Hands: Heal 5xLV once per day.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Skills]

• Languages: Common, Dwarven, Elven
  • Acrobatics (Dex) 3
  • Animal Handling (Wis) 1
  • Arcana (Int) 0
  • Athletics (Str) 3
  • Deception (Cha) 1
  • History (Int) 0
  • Insight (Wis) 3
  • Intimidation (Cha) 3
  • Investigation (Int) 0
  • Medicine (Wis) 3
  • Nature (Int) 0
  • Perception (Wis) 3
  • Performance (Cha) 1
  • Persuasion (Cha) 1
  • Religion (Wis) 2
  • Sleight of Hand (Dex) 3
  • Stealth (Dex) 3
  • Survival (Wis) 1

[/sblock]

[sblock=Weapons]

• Scimitar +5 Damage D6+3
  • Longbow +5 Damage D8

[/sblock]

[sblock=Spells]

Cantrips:

• Blade Ward

[/sblock]

[sblock=Equipment]

• Fur clothes
  • Torch

[/sblock]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
[sblock]
Gimlak
images.jpg
Race: Human
Class/Level: Barbarian 1
Alignment: Neutral good
Type (Subtype): Humanoid (human)
Senses: Darkvision 60’
Passive Perception: 10

Defense
AC 15 (0 armor + 2 dex + 3 Cond)
HP 15 (1d12 + 3 con)
Saves: Strenght, Constitution

Offense +2 proficiency, +3 str mellee, +2 dex ranged
Melee: unarmed attack: +5 / 4 damage
Ranged: tbd

Feat
Great weapon master
- On your turn, when you score a critical hit with a melee weapon or reduce a creature to 0 hit points with one, you can make one melee weapon attack as a bonus action.
- Before you make a melee attack with a heavy weapon that you are proficient with, you can choose to take a -5 penalty to the attack roll. If the attack hits, you add +10 to the attack's damage.

Statistics* denotes proficiency
Str 16 (+3) Save +5* (9 points, +1 racial)
Dex 14 (+2) Save +2 (7 points)
Con 16 (+3) Save +5* (9 points, +1 racial)
Int 8 (-1) Save -1 (0 points)
Wis 10 (+0) Save +0 (2 points)
Cha 8 (-1) Save -1 (0 points)

SKILLS Proficiencies in bold: 2 barbarian, 2 background, 1 human

Mod Attribute Name of Skill
+2 (dex) Acrobatics
+2 (wis) Animal Handling - from background
-1 (int) Arcana
+5 (str) Athletics - from class
-1 (cha) Deception
-1 (int) History
+0 (wis) Insight
-1 (cha) Intimidation
-1 (int) Investigation
+0 (wis) Medicine
-1 (int) Nature
+2 (wis) Perception - from class
-1 (cha) Performance
-1 (cha) Persuasion
-1 (int) Religion
+2 (dex) Sleight of Hand
+4 (dex) Stealth - from race
+2 (wis) Survival - from background

tools
carpenter's tools
vehicles (land)

Languages: Common, dwarf

Racial Features: human
Bonus feat: great weapon master
Bonus skill: stealth
Bonus language: dwarf

Background: Folk hero
One type o f artisan’s tools: carpenter's tools
vehicles (land)
Feature: Rustic Hospitality
Since you come from the ranks o f the common folk,
you fit in am ong them with ease. You can find a place
to hide, rest, or recuperate am ong other commoners,
unless you have shown yourself to be a danger to
them. They will shield you from the law or anyone
else searching for you, though they will not risk
their lives for you.

Class Features: barbarian
  • Hit Dice: 1d12 per fighter level + CON modifier
  • Armor Proficiencies: Medium armor, shields
  • Weapon Proficiencies: Simple weapons, martial weapons
  • Tool Proficiencies: none
  • Skill Proficiencies: Perception, Athletics
  • Saving Throws: Strenght, Constitution
  • Equipment: TBD
  • Feature: Unarmored defence (add constitution modifier to AC)
  • Feature: Rage 2x/long rest
    When raging:
    - advantage on strenght checks and saves
    - extra damage: +2 (need to use str to attack)
    - resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage

Equipment
Combat Gear:

[sblock=paceholder_for_later]
Other Gear:
  • backpack [5 lbs]

• [
    • 50' hempen rope [10 lbs]
    • bedroll [7 lbs]
    • mess kit [1 lb]
    • tinderbox [1 lb]
    • torches (x 10) [10 lbs]
    • rations, per day (x 10) [20 lbs]
    • waterskin, full [5 lbs]
    [/sblock]

Money: 0 gp [0 lbs]

Weight Carried: 0 lbs
    Carrying Capacity:
    240 lbs
    Push/Drag/Lift: 480 lbs (Speed is 5ft)

Description
    Gimlak is a grim looking human. His black beard is now long and unkept, and so is his hair. He has dark eyes, and a serious demeanor. He has a tatoo of an eagle on his left eye and cheek, and his arms also bare tatoos typical of his home village.

Personality Trait: I judge people by their actions, not their words
    Ideal: Freedom. Tyrants must not be allowed to oppress the people.
    Bond: I have lost everything. I now protect those who cannot protect themselves.
    Flaw: The Korrund will stop at nothing to see me remain in the mines

Background
    Gimlak had a peaceful and happy life. He was an apprentice carpenter, and his wife and two children were the apple of his eye. This is when life was simple. He was bright, talkative, and was a respected member of the community, in a small village in the Eyelin Hills.

This was before The Korrud came. Those monsters came, destroyed the village, and killed or enslaved those that could not escape. Gimlak fought back ferocously with the village militia, but The Korrund were too strong. The beasts killed his family, and with some survivors, he fled to the forest. There, he joined a resistance group, and harrassed the invaders for a few years or so. This gave the common folk that had survived some hope, and he made a name for himself.

Unfortunately, hope is not something The Korrund wanted. They were attacked at night, and were unprepared. Again a survivor, he was brought to the mines of Rhyot Break as punishment and torture. Over the last ten years, his body grew strong while his mind grew weak. The flame of hope for revenge still burned, but time was taking its toll. He mostly kept quiet, but would save some of his food for those that needed it more than he did. He helped others when he could, but The Korrund didn't give him much of a chance. Untill perhaps now, gods willing.
    [/sblock]

McD

First Post
Rolin Nazfell
[sblock=Info]Rogue Half-Elf (Chaotic Good)

Male+halfelf+rogue+who+worships+the+lifegiver+who+comes+from+_8f4d9335bc0125b068d7808468f56d73.jpg

Race: Half-Elf
Class/Level: Rogue 1
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Init: +3
Passive Perception: 12
Languages: Common, Elvish, Dwarven, Goblin, Thieves Cant
Background: Criminal

STATISTICS
Str 10 (+0), Dex 16 (+3) , Con 12 (+1), Int 12 (+1), Wis 10 (+0), Cha 16 (+3)

AC: 13 (Dex, No armor)
HP: 9
Prof. Bonus +2
Proficiencies: Dagger, Crossbow (Hand), Longsword, Rapier, Shortsword, Light Armor
Saves: STR 0, DEX +5, CON +1, INT +3, WIS 0, CHA +3

Combat:
Dagger +5 / 1d4+3
Crossbow Hand +5 / 1d6+3
Longsword +2 / 1d8
Rapier +5 / 1d8+3
Shortsword +5 / 1d6+3

Skills:
Acrobatics +7 (Prof Expert)
Animal Handling 0
Arcana +1
Athletics +2 (Prof)
Deception +3
History +1
Insight +2 (Prof)
Intimidation +3
Investigation +3 (Prof)
Medicine 0
Nature +1
Perception +2 (Prof)
Performance +3
Persuasion +5 (Prof)
Religion +1
Sleight of Hand +5 (Prof)
Stealth +7 (Prof Expert)
Survival 0

Features:
Darkvision (60ft)
Fey Ancestry.Advantage on charmed saves and immune to sleep magic.
Sneak Attack.1d6 extra damage on attack where you have advantage or another enemy of creature is within 5 ft. (use once/turn).

Height: 5'10"
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Silver
Skin Tone: Light tan[/sblock]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Welkin

Welkin di Vicomte

CG tiefling noble warlock 1

Name: Welkin Spinrath Maledicte di Vicomte
Race: Tiefling
Class/Level: Warlock 1
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Type: Humanoid
Languages: Common, Abyssal, Infernal
Speed: 30ft.
Prof. Bonus: +2
Passive Perception: 10

DEFENSE
AC:
14 (studded leather)
Maximum HP: 9
Current HP: 9
Saves: Wisdom +2, Charisma +5
Note: Resistance to fire damage (Hellish Resistance)

OFFENSE
Melee:
Dagger +4 (1d4+2 piercing; finesse, light, thrown 20/60)
Melee: Quarterstaff +2 (1d6 bludgeoning; versatile 1d8)
Melee: Unarmed strike +5 (1+0 bludgeoning)
Ranged: Dagger +4 (1d4+2 piercing; finesse, light, thrown 20/60)
Magic: Eldritch blast +5 (1d10 force, range 120)

STATISTICS
Str
10 (+0), Dex 14 (+2) , Con 12 (+1), Int 14 (+2), Wis 10 (+0), Cha 16 (+3)
RACIAL FEATURES & PROFICIENCIES
Tiefling
Ability scores: Charisma +2, Intelligence +1
Darkvision: 60 feet
Hellish Resistance: Resistance to fire damage
Infernal Legacy: Know the Thaumaturgy cantrip, later more spells (Hellish Rebuke level 3, Darkness level 5), based on charisma
Languages: Common, Infernal

BACKGROUND FEATURES & PROFICIENCIES
Noble
Skill Proficiencies: History, Persuasion
Tool Proficiencies: Gaming set: dragonchess
Extra Language: Abyssal
Position of Privilige: You are treated as a member of nobility should be treated.

Personality Traits: My eloquent flattery makes everyone I talk to feel like the most wonderful and important person in the world, and flattery is my preferred trick for getting what I want.
Ideal: Freedom. Each should be free to make their own way in the world.
Bond: I sold my soul to save the people of Solov from the oppresion by the wicked Korrud, and I fear what the ancient evil I sold it to has in store for me.
Flaw: By my words and actions I often bring shame to my family. I also have trouble trusting in my allies.

CLASS FEATURES & PROFICIENCIES
Warlock (fiend)
Patron: The Fiend; granting expanded spell list.
Dark One’s Blessing: When you reduce a hostile creature to 0 hitpoints, you gain temporary hitpoints equal to your charisma modifier + your warlock level (4).
Pact Magic: Can cast magic; see below.
Proficiencies: Light armor, simple weapons.

SKILLS (* Proficient)
+2 (dex) Acrobatics
+0 (wis) Animal Handling
+2 (int) Arcana
+0 (str) Athletics
+5 (cha) Deception*
+4 (int) History*

+0 (wis) Insight
+5 (cha) Intimidation*
+2 (int) Investigation
+0 (wis) Medicine
+2 (int) Nature
+0 (wis) Perception
+3 (cha) Performance
+5 (cha) Persuasion*
+2 (int) Religion
+2 (dex) Sleight of Hand
+2 (dex) Stealth
+0 (wis) Survival
Pact Magic: Can cast warlock spells
Spell save DC: 13
Spell attack bonus: +5
Cantrips known: 2
Spells known: 2 (maximum level 1)
Spell slots: 1 (1st)

Spell slots used (recharges upon SR): 0

Cantrips known: Eldritch Blast, Minor Illusion, Thaumaturgy (racial)
Spells known: Charm Person, Command
PHYSICAL APPEARANCE
Welkin Spinrath Maledicte di Vicomte.jpg
With his deep red skin, long curving horns and long tail, there is no mistaking Welkin for anything but a tiefling. Rather than hiding his remarkable features, the young noble usually dresses in tight leather outfits that highlight his appearance, although the time running from hostile forces in less than forgiving circumstances have caused his outfit to look dusty and torn.

Upon meeting Welkin, most people are soon charmed by his honeyed words, charming smile and the red eyes that seem to look into their very soul. Only those who know him see the increase in frowns and brooding silence. And nobody seems to have noticed the profane markings that, like tattoos, are covering his upper arm – and spreading further up his skin with each spell the warlock casts...

BIO
Welkin Spinrath Maledicte di Vicomte was born into the wealthy and politically powerful Rowtil noble house of Vicomte. He and his twin brother could not be more different; where his brother Gorgei was blonde, paleskinned and serious, Welkin looked like the spawn of a fiend with his red skin, black hair, long tail and large horns curving up from above his pointed ears. His personality was likewise in complete opposition to Gorgei’s; playful, reckless and manipulating.

The birth of a tiefling into an otherwise normal human aristocratic family caused quite a scandal, although Welkin rarely noticed because his family’s reputation meant that few dared voice their discontent. He eventually learned that his family had been cursed to produce a tiefling every few generations, which was usually kept secret from the world, but his doting parents treated Welkin as a favored but spoiled child and did not tolerate anyone’s remarks about his appearance or origin.

When he turned 17, Welkin discovered that his appearance was not the only thing that the ancient family curse effected. From that very day onward, the young man frequently heard two voices, one rough and full of anger, and one silky and seductive. Quickly Welkin learned that these voices belonged to the fiends that once influenced his ancestors and placed the fiendish curse on the entire bloodline.

Uncertain whether the two voices he heard were two seperate creatures or two aspects of the same being, Welkin soon discovered that one tried to persuade him to commit acts of great atrocity while the other slyly tried to make deals with him; an offer of power and prowess in the fields of politics, war and magic. The first voice he started to call Tony the Oni, for its fondness of ambushes and ruthless violence, and the other he came to think of as the Mastermind.

Feeling both some familiarity to the obviously fiendish characters but also being appalled by the overt foulness of their ideas, Welkin never told anybody about them and kept refusing the Mastermind’s ever more alluring offers.

Welkin could get away with almost everything, and so he naturally tried everything shy of murder. His skills at manipulation soon became infamous among the nobles of Rowtil, and many a parent warned their children about the Devil’s Tongue. It was only after two other noble families accused him of taking their respective daughters’ honour, that Welkin’s parents finally put their foot down.

Welkin needed to learn responsibility, they insisted, and the young man was forced to join the Wizards of Rowtil as a squire to the Magus Martial. Grudgingly accepting his fate, Welkin spent several weeks being little more than an errand boy, only befriending the ambitious Rorik.

Then the Korrud invaded, and young Welkin had no choice but to stick with the company of warriors and wizards for his own safety. At first he merely followed the others around, but eventually he learned the bare basics of combat. He dared not even try his hand at magic, afraid to lose control and somehow unleash the evil within him.

Until the ambush. Seeing his fellows fall in great number, all seemed so bleak and hopeless to Welkin. Then the familiar voice inside said, like a silken whisper, “You can stop this. Just say the word.”

Time stopped, and Welkin stood face to face with the image of a big fiend, red-skinned and horned like he was but with great batlike wings and more teeth than any mouth should contain. With a sigh, the noble squire agreed to form a pact.

When he awoke, it was over. He could not remember what happened, although Rorik later told him he was casting devastating magics like a wizard more powerful than their commander Edius himself. For the first time in his life, Welkin found himself telling another person about the voices and the agreement he had just made with the creature that placed the curse on his family all those centuries before...
COMBAT GEAR
Studded leather
Dagger x2
Quarterstaff
Arcane focus: crystal

OTHER GEAR
Backpack
Bedroll
Traveller’s clothes
Lamp
Mess kit
Pouch
Rations x4
Signet ring
Tinderbox
Dragonchess set

MONEY
6 gp
1 sp

Last edited:

TallIan

Explorer
Rorik Brigward

Fighter 1
Knight.jpg

[SBLOCK=Background]
The Wizards of Rowtil, self proclaimed defenders of the city, had long been a force within the political circles. They recruited talent from within the city and maintained order among those with magic. Young Rorik had long dreamed of joining the Mugus Martial, the knightly order that combined the arcane and the martial to protect the Magus Arcana from the mundane masses.

Many see the Magus Martial as failures, aspiring wizards who could not summon the mental power to fully master the arcane, but Rorik had always wished to meld his two great interests into one career. He exceeded all expectations and was the only squire to have mastered some of the battle magic – most would not master any until near the end of their service as sergeant.

Just before his promotion to sergeant Rorik befriended a new squire, Welkin. Rorik was weary of him at first, he seemed like a spoiled rich kid and his devious plotting and scheming put Rorik off, but Rorik took pity on him when he saw how he struggled with magic.

When the Korrud invaded, the Wizards of Rowtil were shown to be the sham that they were. Their strategies proved entirely academic and their tactics outdated, as the military might of the Korrud overran the city and the Wizard’s stronghold with minimal resistance.

A few escaped the initial invasion, but with the leadership killed the Wizards fell to bickering over who’s title meant what and who was in charge. Over the next few years two Wizards and their protectors either fell in minor skirmishers with the Korrud or were absorbed into better organised resistance groups.

Rorik found himself in one such group. Ambushed by the Korrud, Rorik and his companions were quickly forced back, many falling. Suddenly the tide of battle changed and the reluctant squire Welkin was suddenly flinging spells some of the Master Wizards would struggle with. Welkin passed out with the strain of what he was doing and Rorik carried him to safety. When Welkin came to, he shared with Rorik a dark secret, of having voices encouraging him to dark deeds. Rorik was unsure what to do about this, but owing his life to the noble, Rorik felt he could not turn on him, and so he keeps Welkin's secret.

After the battle Rorik and Welkin joined up with a small group of Wizards and Knights, under the bickering leadership of three Mages, they achieved little over the next few years. Two of the Mages were killed in a minor raid, leaving the last, Edius, free to pursue his goal of finding the nymph diviner that lived in the frozen wastes. A group of well armed men could hardly travel openly across occupied territory, so the trip took longer than planned.

When at last they reached the area the Nymph was rumored to live, disaster fell and they were set upon by a patrol of Korrud.
[/SBLOCK]
[SBLOCK=Features]

LN
Human (Variant)
Increase two ability scores by one (STR, INT)
Gain 1 feat: Magic initiate (Warlock)
Gain 1 skill: Athletics
Languages: Common and one extra

Fighter
HD: 1d10 HP:12
Armour Proficiencies: All Armour, Shields
Weapon Proficiencies: Simple, Martial
Saves: STR, CON
Skills: Insight; Perception
1 - fighting style: Great Weapon Fighting
1 - Second Wind

Spell:
0th: Ray of Frost, Greenflame Blade
1st: Hex

Soldier
Skills: Athletics; Intimidation
Tools: Dragon Chess, Vehicles (land)
Language
Feature: Military Rank[/SBLOCK]
[SBLOCK=Abilities and saves]

ABILITIES (mod/save)
STR*: 16 (+3/+5)
DEX: 10 (0/0)
CON*:14(+2/+4)
INT:14(+2/+2)
WIS:10(0/0)
CHA: 10(0/0)

AC: 16
Initiative: 0
Proficiency bonus: +2

Offense:
Greatsword: +7 5ft 2d6S (Heavy, 2 handed)
Shortsword: +7 5ft 1d6P (Finesse, Light)
Spell Save DC: 12

SKILLS:
*Athletics: +5

Acrobatics: 0
Sleight of Hand: 0
Stealth: 0

Arcana: +2
History: +2
Investigation: +2
Nature: +2
Religion: +2

Animal Handling: 0
*Insight: +2
Medicine: 0
*Perception: +2
Survival: 0

Deception: 0
*Intimidation: +2
Performance: 0
Persuasion: +0

Passive Perception: 8[/SBLOCK]
[SBLOCK=Equipment]

Chain Mail
Greatsword
Shortsword
Light Cross bow 10
Explorers Pack (Backpack, Bedroll, Mess kit, Tinderbox, Torches (10), Rations (3), Waterskin, 50ft hemp rope)
rank insignia - Knight Arcane of The Wizards of Rowtil
Trophy - Korrud commander's helm plume
Clothes
Belt pouch
Edius' Journal

PP GP EP SP CP
0 10 0 0 0[/SBLOCK]
[SBLOCK=Description]
Rorik is in his late 20s with just the first signs of grey creeping into his hair. He is a huge man, towering over most other men, with a broad, muscular build from years of sword practice. He is generally friendly and open with people, but can quickly turn to aggression when threatened, not easily letting go of insults to him and his.

TRAITS
Personality: I face problems head-on. A simple, direct solution is the best path to success.
Ideal: Greater Good. Our lot is to lay down our lives in defense of others. (Good)
Bond: I'll never forget the crushing defeat my company suffered or the enemies who dealt it.
Flaw: I rarely see a problem that cannot be solved by violence
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Shan Whey
LN Halforc Bard
Level 1
276dd44c557d87a4c271e929dba2c188.jpg
Abilities:
STR 16 (+3)
DEX 14 (+2; save +4)
CON 14 (+2)
INT 10 (0)
WIS 10 (0)
CHA 12 (+1; save +3)

Size M
Speed 30
AC 14
Init +2
Hit Points: 10

Proficiency bonus: +2
Proficiencies: light armor, simple weapons, hand cross, longsword, rapier, shortsword
Saves: DEX, CHA
Skills: Intimidation, Athletics, Stealth, Animal Handling, Persuasion, Sleight of Hand
Tools: pipe, drum, lute, thieves’ tools, land vehicles
Languages: Common, Orc

Attacks:
Longsword: 1d20+5, 1d8+3 (1d10+3 versatile) slashing.

Background (trait): Thug (custom)*
Skills: Athletics, Stealth
Tools: Thieves’ tools; land vehicles
Equipment: as Criminal
Feature: Bad Reputation (as Sailor)

Race abilities:
* Darkvision 60’
* Relentless Endurance: when reduced to 0 hp, you can go to 1 hp, once/long
* Savage Attack: on a melee crit, add 1 die from weapon damage

Class abilities:
* Spells (2 x level 1 slots)
-- cantrips: Mending, Minor Illusion (DC 10)
-- level 1: healing word, sleep, unseen servant ®, speak with animals ®
-- ritual casting
* Bardic Inspiration: 1d6/long rest to someone else for a d20 roll.

Skills
+2 (dex) Acrobatics
+2 (wis) Animal Handling
+0 (int) Arcana
+5 (str) Athletics
+1 (cha) Deception
+0 (int) History
+0 (wis) Insight
+3 (cha) Intimidation
+0 (int) Investigation
+0 (wis) Medicine
+0 (int) Nature
+0 (wis) Perception
+1 (cha) Performance
+3 (cha) Persuasion
+0 (int) Religion
+4 (dex) Sleight of Hand
+4 (dex) Stealth
+0 (wis) Survival

Characteristics:
Personality: Shan Whey tries to be gruff and laconic, because he thinks it makes him look more tough. It plays to his appearance, though he is really happiest when he is alone with a horse or a hunting dog.
Ideal: Shan Whey is honorable, but his rough manner is often misinterpreted.
Bond: Shan Whey killed a man, and has since become close to his family, the Millers.
Flaw: Shan Whey is prone to take offense; sensitive to insults.

Equipment:
Studded Leather
Thieves' Tools
Longsword
Dagger
Component Pouch
Crowbar
Common Clothes
Beltpouch with 15gp
Really nice boots.
Backpack
A human tooth.