5E The Rhyot Break - Chapter One: Endless White - Page 16
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
Results 151 to 160 of 160
  1. #151
    Member
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    516

    BANG!


    Bria winces, but can't help but smile at Gimlak's determination. It's actually a hell of a chunk of stone that has been smashed against the door. A piece of loose wall section from only a short way back down the tunnel, as luck would have it.

    The rock shatters into pieces as it makes contact, exploding into a chaotic flurry of fragments, shards and grit. As the dust settles, everyone probably looks at the door with wide hopeful eyes. There are some new cracks and chips in the surface, that's for sure. But more than the surface has been effected. It would appear that the very alignment of the door has been altered by the blunt assault.

    THUD!

    It might be almost painful to watch the form of Zemryn, made from flesh and bone after all, smashing into stonework. But the event plays out like a work of art. The timing is impeccable; the tensioning of her muscle, the bracing for impact, the hitting the door whilst airborne.

    The door gives in to her pressure, and with the sound of rock grating against rock, it opens, the devotee of Atemi flying some ten feet down a dark corridor ahead.

    "Balungdak?" The new arrivals hear a few concerning sounds of foreign voices coming from ahead. "Pum pardoofie haha!" "Arkils fardark ratcha!" Another voice replies.

    Ahead, a tunnel wide enough for two folks side by side leads off, and every ten feet along, exits lead off from both the left and right walls.

    ***

    Somewhere out there in the darkness, a lone half-orc hears the sound of stone smashing. Is that what roused him from a moment of slumber? Then ahead a little way, he watches as several less-than-pleasant "locals" rush off down a nearby tunnel. He'd managed to avoid them thus far, skulking about and doing his damnedest to find a way out. Somewhere along the way he'd got lost... and was almost convinced that it was due to some arcane trickery...

    Rolls
    I rolled Zem's strength check with advantage for pulling off some neat athletic moves, and with the lucky 19 (rolz site), she's through!


    Map


    I'm popping everyone on one map to make things easier. Shan is yellow dot. We can assume he entered somewhere from the north, and proceeded to get a little lost. Being of average intelligence and wisdom, it IS possible to get lost here, but it just doesn't feel right. He would sense that something else has led to this predicament. Being a little trained in illusions himself, he knows that some powers are possible of hiding physical realities.

    Everyone else is green dot.

    The southern red dot is where the sounds of voices are coming from for the main party.

    The northern red dot is the Kobolds that Shan can see running southwest.

    We can move to a more tactical map later if required.



    Questions
    Let me know the rough formation / marching order of the main party
    Last edited by 97mg; Monday, 4th March, 2019 at 06:24 AM.

  2. #152
    Member
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,215
    "That must've alerted them," Welkin whispers from the darkness he has positioned himself in. "We should either run in fast, or set up an ambush right here."

    The tone of his voice makes it obvious that the tiefling prefers the latter option.

    OOC: If we move, Welkin can take the lead, but as he's not very durable and his stealth is only +2, that's not a position to stay in for too long.

  3. #153
    Community Supporter
    Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

    Kobold Stew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    6,159
    Shan Whey the half-orc hears the scampering of tiny claws on the bare stone surface. Barely a pebble shifts as the feet move by, and he suspects that they are all ably jumping tripwires and other obstacles they have placed within the cave network to alert them of interlopers. Interlopers like himself.

    Nevertheless, he has not seen natural light in some time now, and his choice is only to head towards the sound of the feet, and the loud resounding bang, or to move away from it. His tongue moves to a groove in his jaw where a tooth was knocked out years before as he thinks, and he decides to head towards the sounds. He steadies himself with one hand running alongside the cave wall and makes his way tentatively.

  4. #154
    Member
    Guide (Lvl 11)



    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    2,283
    Rorik

    Rorik quickly looks around the room then moves to guard the far door, holding his sword ready and doing his best to block it.

    Perception roll: 1d20+2 17

    Mini Stats

    AC: 16
    HP: 12/12 HD: 1/1

    Offense:
    Greatsword: +7 5ft 2d6S
    Ray of Frost: +4 60ft 1d8cold and -10 speed
    Greeflame Blade: +7 5ft 2d6S +2 fire damage to adjacent creature

    Second Wind: 1/1 (SR)
    Action Surge: 1/1 (SR)
    Hex: 1/1 (LR)
    Last edited by TallIan; Tuesday, 5th March, 2019 at 09:22 PM.

  5. #155
    Member
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)



    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    186
    Zemryn spit out a bit of crushed stone and shook her dirty hair from her eyes as she rose to her feet. Slowly. Deliberately.

    Let them come. Atemi will be pleased. With me. And may she protect those with me, so that they may come to know her strength.

    She pulled her shortsword out, gripping the worn leather handle tightly. "I hear you...fiends in the dark...and I know you...like a nightmare sent by a wraith...I know you...and I know our Fate lies together!"

    Her eyes glowed softly as they pierced the darkness. She slid forward, back against the wall and sword ready.

    <Zemryn is more than happy to take point, but will not take notice, or mind, anyone else rushing in front of her>

  6. #156
    Member
    Defender (Lvl 8)



    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    3,076
    Gimlak barely has time to rejoice in the door falling down. He sees Zemryn fly into the corridor, and thinks to himself I cannot let the holy one stand alone. He rushes next to her, and growls at the darkness "what we did to this door is nothing! Stand down, or we will break you too!"

  7. #157
    Member
    Guide (Lvl 11)



    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    2,283
    OOC: Edited my last post as it was not clear. I meant for Rorik to be at the far door, not the one we entered through.

  8. #158
    Member
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)



    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    65
    Faenala rolled her eyes when Welkin remarked the kobolds must have heard them. Given the noise, it would have been a miracle if it hadn't happened. Shaking her head, she followed in the back, not at all eager to have to fight anyone or anything. Between this and being alone however, she didn't need long to decide, especially considering that she had already decided to help Bria in the first place.

    It wasn't like she could do much anyway, except not being a weight maybe, and to that end she cast Mage Armor on herself. It might not be needed, but it was one of those things where it was much better to have it and not need it, instead of need it and not have it. After that she followed, but still paid attention at what was behind her in case some kobolds fell on them from there.



    Mini stats

    AC: 15 (13 Mage Armor + 2dex)
    HP: 07/07 HD: 1/1 (1d6+1)
    Speed: 30'
    Saves: STR -1, DEX +2, CON +1, INT +5, WIS +2, CHA +2
    Features: none
    Special Defenses: none

    Combat:

    SpellsPrepared:
    - 0: Minor Illusion (fleece), Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
    - 1: Mage Armor (piece of cured leather), Shield, Sleep (fine sand, rose petals or a cricket), Unseen Servant (piece of string and a bit of wood)
    Consumables:
    Spell level 1 slots: 1/4
    XP JustinCase gave XP for this post

  9. #159
    Member
    Defender (Lvl 8)



    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    3,076
    After his companions have acted, Theremin casts sleep on the Kobold.

    OOC: Action: cast sleep. (5d8)[28] hp of creatures affected. The spell i centered a bit further away from the Kobold sorcerer, to ensure that no one else is affected. Theremin will wait after his companion's attacks, to ensure the Kobold has fewer HP, and therefore increase the odds of it being affected by the spell

    Note Theremin is now completely out of spells, and has 1 use of bardic ispiration left

  10. #160
    Member
    Defender (Lvl 8)



    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    3,076
    OOC: please scratch my last post, it was meant for another game. Aldo, consider This a BUMP!
    XP JustinCase gave XP for this post

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Similar Threads

  1. The Rhyot Break (OOC) - Discussion
    By 97mg in forum Talking the Talk
    Replies: 261
    Last Post: Wednesday, 27th March, 2019, 03:46 PM
  2. The Rhyot Break (OOC) - Tome of Knowledge
    By 97mg in forum Talking the Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Monday, 4th March, 2019, 01:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •