Crowdfunded RPG pdfs/books, is there enough interest?

It's been a while, U_K. :cool:

Hey FieryDragonLord mate! :D

Hope you have been keeping well?

...and that goes for everyone here. ;)

The Vampire Bestiary 2 would be nice to see, but as Rhuarc says, your limited releases means that it would be a better idea to focus on your strong suit - Epic/Immortals material. While I do play 5E now, I'm also fine with 3.5E/4E content.

I dunno if I have the time or brain to pull off a wholly new Epic 3.5E Book. Once you are out of the game like 3E for any length of time I suspect designing for it would be even more tricky than it was back in the day when I lived and breathed this stuff.

So the likely options are:

- The Vampire Bestiary 2: Since its really far along (and does have the Avatar of Kali battle; I know its not technically even Epic Tier but it is kinda cool). I'd probably need about $800 for this, so maybe 50 backers.

- The Immortals Handbook: Epic Bestiary Updated with new colour art and probably an appendix with some new monsters that people could commission as one of the tiers/perks. I'd maybe limit this to half a dozen possible entries.

G:
H:
I: Infinitaur, Intelligibles
J:
K: Kalagni
L: Lipika

I'm interested in both these suggestions. I'd like to see some of the monsters you'd teased earlier, but didn't really expand upon, like the Punishment Angels.

They were really high-level as I recall.

I think I had that many darn monsters I lost track of most. :D

Anyway all this is still at the 'food for thought' stage at this juncture.

Just thinking an Epic Bestiary 2 MIGHT be plausible IF I was getting a lot of help with the 'heavy lifting' of the number crunching and stats, leaving me to do the writing and sort out the art.

I still had the rest of the Pseudonatural range, Umbrals, Intelligibles, Inevitables, Devoids, Drakainai, Sirians, Black Hole Dragons, Stargoyles, Zymbears, Prismatic Puddings and quite a few others.

Akira Whitlock

Explorer
Hey Upper Krust
I love your books you released for 3.5 they gave my groups plenty of fun material to work with
Sorry i do not play 4.0
I feel there is a bit to be desired for epic enhancements/artifacts and magic etc for god tier game play (grimoire)

Hey Upper Krust

Hey there Akira! :)

I love your books you released for 3.5 they gave my groups plenty of fun material to work with

I appreciate the kind words.

Sorry i do not play 4.0

That's okay amigo, I don't want anyone buying books they won't use just to support me.

I feel there is a bit to be desired for epic enhancements/artifacts and magic etc for god tier game play (grimoire)

Certainly 3E Epic could use all the material it can get.

I sat down and brainstormed some ideas over the past few days and I might do an Epic Bestiary 2 with a version for 3.5E and a version for 4E. Essentially these would be the same book the only difference would be the stat-block page(s).

So each monster would need to be two (or more) pages:

Page 1 = Description, Write-up, Adventure Ideas, (General) Tactics & Art
Page 2 = Stat-block and powers (either for 3.5E OR 4E)

Obviously some entries may need to have an extra page for the art or require 2 Pages for the Stat-Blocks etc.

Q: So the first question I might get is why do two versions?

A: I'm much more comfortable with and interested in 4E than 3/3.5E but I know most of you guys are interested in the latter. I also just think 4E is a straight-up better system for epic/immortal gaming.

Q: But Krusty there isn't any 4E Immortal gaming?

A: That's true which is why I am thinking I might also need a 4E book along the lines of "Legendary & Immortal Tiers; Levels 31-50".

I'm convinced 4E is the best possible system for Epic & Immortal gaming but I do think (as with 3E) I need to address the issue of rules bloat first.

Of course these two book ideas are 'Pie in the Sky' right now and I spend a lot of my free time working on my comic book. However, I'll spend my free weekends for the next 2-3 months and see if I can get some work done on these RPG book ideas. If I can then these things MAY just be possible.

Rhuarc

Explorer
Well, whatever you are going to decide on in the end, I'll cross my fingers and hope you will be able to get something done. I will buy it, regardless of the system you choose! :)

Hey amigo! :)

Well, whatever you are going to decide on in the end, I'll cross my fingers and hope you will be able to get something done. I will buy it, regardless of the system you choose! :)

Well you guys know me by now - don't get your hopes up until something is on sale. :p

That said, I'm a tad more productive now *fingers crossed*

Howdy Omeganian amigo! :)

And toes as well. And dragon necks.

yes on all counts.

Got a few ideas brewing for some smaller (Epic) Adventure Bestiary books based on ideas I meant to release 8 years ago with a few new twists. ;)

By keeping these books smaller I can hopefully turn them around faster BUT I won't get any hopes up until I have a book fully written.

I also still plan to do a 3.5E version AND a 4E version. Also I really want a print edition so, likely a Crowdfund (to cover the art, printing and shipping) so I'd probably only need $500-600.

So I'll see what I can have written within the next 3 months and see if this new model is feasible.

Four of these Adventure Bestiary's would combine into a defacto new volume of the IH: Epic Bestiary...if I ever get that far.

Hey Rhuarc matey! :)

wish you (and all of us) good luck with this endeavor!

I need all the well wishes I can get.

I have two similar-ish projects in mind and I'll decide over the next week which 'Epic Adventure-Bestiary Path' (of sorts) I think is the most interesting.

If anyone has any minor requests for what they'd like to see (other than "Anything, just hurry up!") I'm all ears?

At this point I'm heading towards starting one of two loosely themed Epic Monster books (48-64 pages most probably) with a bit of an Adventure linking the monsters and some new rules thrown in for good measure.

Rhuarc

Explorer
Well, anything that has to do with epic adversaries and adventures/adventure ideas would be great! Nothing else comes to mind, just eager to see something from you again after all these years :)

Remove ads