Do You Play in AL?

Do You Play in AL?

darjr

I crit!
AL has a ton of players around here. The big driver, I think, here is that a lot of the public places won’t tolerate chicanery. Some places are more strict about it than others, folks get asked to leave with bad behavior. That and there are a ton of places so groups also self select. Nine places and growing around here? A few more in the close by towns. There is a mix of AL and non AL public play as well.

ad_hoc

(they/them)
It was always going to skew high.
AL players (and those who care) will see the poll and pop in to vote. Those who don’t care will just ignore and not bother to vote.

I would also guess that those who frequent forums are more likely to play AL than those who don't.

I'm very curious about the amount of active AL players, but I don't think we have any numbers on that.

darjr

I crit!
It was opened to non store play a while ago. I know several groups that play at home or other public or private or semi private places

I used to run Encounters at an FLGS.

Had to stop for awhile and when I looked to get back into it, they had changed the approach and would have had to start buying the adventures myself. I understand how that model is better for the creators/authors, but I found it offensive to the DMs.

Let see, I'm going to volunteer my time to run games for strangers that I can't really pick and choose from and I have to pay to do that? Yea, wasn't going to happen.

Now I'm sure if I wanted to I could probably get a FLGS to pay, but, wasn't worth the effort. One more barrier in the way of DMs to run it was just enough to keep me from getting back into running organised play.

There's no "I wish" option.

Would love if there was AL in Germany but there ain't :(

This down below folks. You can play AL at home, you can play it online (at least on Fantasy Grounds, I assume Roll20 too), you can play it anywhere and everywhere.

It was opened to non store play a while ago. I know several groups that play at home or other public or private or semi private places

jasper

Rotten DM
Still need a willing group. Not much of one for playing online.
hmmm hummin a Christmas carol about a green person.
Suddenly Jasper had an idea. A decliously evil idea.
FRIENDS, GAMERS, FELLOW HUMANS. DO YOU HAVE THAT PLAYER? DO HAVE TOO MANY PLAYERS? TIRED OF THAT MOOCHER? WANT TO HELP A FELLOW GAMER OUT. WELL JUST DROP SHIP THAT GAMER TO
CARE OF YUNRU
ADDRESS REDACTED
ADDRESS REDACTED
ADDRESS REDACTED.
AND REMEMBER DON'T PUT YOUR REAL RETURN OF ADDRESS ON THE SHIPPING BOX.
Jasper wander off humming

Yunru

Banned
Banned
hmmm hummin a Christmas carol about a green person.
Suddenly Jasper had an idea. A decliously evil idea.
FRIENDS, GAMERS, FELLOW HUMANS. DO YOU HAVE THAT PLAYER? DO HAVE TOO MANY PLAYERS? TIRED OF THAT MOOCHER? WANT TO HELP A FELLOW GAMER OUT. WELL JUST DROP SHIP THAT GAMER TO
CARE OF YUNRU
ADDRESS REDACTED
ADDRESS REDACTED
ADDRESS REDACTED.
AND REMEMBER DON'T PUT YOUR REAL RETURN OF ADDRESS ON THE SHIPPING BOX.
Jasper wander off humming

Excellent, fresh victims meat fellow players to enjoy the game with.

Remove ads