What races are left for D&D to do?

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
I agree with you completely. I was using hyperbole to try and make the point that in needs to be considered the key feature of the race, and so it needs to be in the crunch, a passing mention in the fluff text isn't adequate. It's not necessarily overpowered, but it is very strong, and needs to be considered the key trait of the race and balanced accordingly (can't wear armour is a useful drawback).

Or nerfed with restrictions - but either way it needs to be properly addressed.

how about advantage on grappling?

Yunru

Banned
Banned
I miss playing a Vryloka vampire in 4e. Wasn't any good (duh, Vampire class), but fun for silly levels of "I am more vampire than you!"

Remathilis

Legend
Honestly, WotC hasn't even proposed how they would do them, yet. Based on the MM block, though, being masters of two-weapon fighting seems legit, and being able to dual wield while using a shield doesn't seem overpowered compared to being a high dexterity Tortle dual-wielding with 20-22 AC naked.
Except tortles can't benefit from Dex to AC with their shells...

Particle_Man

Explorer
A lot of races for NPCs are mentioned in the DMG but not all of them have been given PC stats yet.

I would love it if the Skeleton were fleshed out.

Yunru

Banned
Banned
You know, I look through this thread, and I see all these responses.

And they are approaching this the wrong way.

It's not what races we should add, it's what races we NEED TO GET RID OF.

That's right, we have far too many races that need to be terminated, with extreme prejudice.

We can start with the Gnomes, and the first 500 or so Elven sub-races.

Then just keep cutting until the caterwauling (NOT A PLAYABLE RACE!) becomes too much. Somewhere around dwarf, or human.

Dwarves are hardy buggers, they'll be the easiest to engineer surviving the Cataclysm.

Alternatively we just get rid of the current races, then add some more. #SurialDomination

It'd be a shame if the knowledge of being a Paladin were lost to time in said Cataclysm...

Last edited:

Satyrn

First Post
You know, I look through this thread, and I see all these responses.

And they are approaching this the wrong way.

It's not what races we should add, it's what races we NEED TO GET RID OF.

That's right, we have far too many races that need to be terminated, with extreme prejudice.

We can start with the Gnomes, and the first 500 or so Elven sub-races.

Then just keep cutting until the caterwauling (NOT A PLAYABLE RACE!) becomes too much. Somewhere around dwarf, or human.

Then we end up having to play cockroachmen in the Fallout Universe.

Remove ads