D&D 5E Adventures in Middle-Earth [OOC]

GreenKarl

First Post
IC Thread
The game has started, but still opening to one or two people.

I admit that I have been reading up on Adventures in Middle Earth and I have always had a lot of love for Middle Earth and I am curious to give it a try. Last year I was a player in a very short lived game here and I thought the set up was great but as with many games it died.

So now I am thinking about giving a one-shot a try. I am thinking maybe just running the first adventure - Don't Leave the Path from the Adventures in the Middle-Earth Wilderness Adventures. If it works out maybe we can play the others. Who knows.

So creating a character you get 27 point buy for attributes from the standard 5th edition player's handbook. Everyone is going to start at 2nd level, with maximum Hit Points from your class (both levels). Pick a Culture, a Class and a Background from the Adventures in Middle Earth Player's Handbook. As I am really interested and like Virtues everyone gets a bonus one at 1st level. If you culture grants you one at 1st level you have two. Gear is based on your wealth.

Hmmm anything else? Questions and ideas?? Thoughts and concerns?? Volunteers? If you know the adventure you just have to pretend not to ;)

Again this is just a one-shot right now. Lets see how it goes before planning any more past that :D

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Sounds very interesting! Also, it appears I have the required time for a new game, because the DM of many of my games is AWOL (although I sincerely hope he returns).

I'll check out the books, too, before I come up with a concept.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
I’m leaning towards a Beorning woman, probably slayer. I love the spirit bear virtue idea, and the backstory is coming along steadily in my head.

Need to study the specific rules a bit more and make some decisions, but I’ll get it ready. Any idea about a start date?

GreenKarl

First Post
Well I will be ready probably Tuesday (the 4th) as the Labor Day Weekend is throwing off extra time a bit... BUT I will wait until characters are done before rushing things...

GreenKarl

First Post
If anyone needs help or ideas let me know. If you want to all know each other when the adventure starts or all be strangers is up to you.

eayres33

Explorer
Provisional Character Sheet

Ulfred of Dale

[sblock=Basics]
Class: Warden Level 2
Culture: Barding
Background: Lure of the Road
Shadow Weakness: Lure of Power
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 170
Appearance: Tall and slim, Ulfred has fairly short cut light brown hair and a well trimmed goatee. Ulfred's blue eyes peer over his sharped featured face with an old fading scar running along the right side of his face on his chin line.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat]
Initiative: 2
AC 16/18 (leather corset and shield, when fighting with broadsword increases to 18)
HP: 20
Speed: 30
Broadsword +5 to hit 5ft 1d8+2 slashing
Greatbow +5 to hit 150/600ft 1d8+2 piercing
[/sblock]
[sblock= Ability Scores]
Strength: 9
Dexterity: 14
Constitution: 14
Intelligence: 12
Wisdom: 14
Charisma: 14
Shadow (Perm):
[/sblock]
[sblock=ST]
Strength: (-1)
(P) Dexterity: 4
Constitution: 2
Intelligence: 1
Wisdom: 2
Corruption:
(P)Charisma: 4
[/sblock]
[sblock=Skills]
Proficiency: 2
Acrobatics: 2
(P) Animal Handling: 4
Athletics: (-1)
Deception: 2
History: 1
Insight: 2
Intimidation: 2
Investigation: 1
(P) Lore: 3
Medicine: 2
Nature: 1
(P) Perception: 4
Riddle: 1
Shadow Lore: 1
Sleight of Hand: 2
Stealth: 2
(P) Survival: 4
(P) Traditions: 3
[/sblock]
[sblock=Proficiency/Equipement]
Armour: Light Armor, shields
Weapons: Simple weapons, broadswords, longswords, shortswords, great bows
Language: Dalish
Standard of Living: Prosperous
Equipment: A broadsword, a great bow with a quiver of 20 arrows, a leather corslet and a shield.
A fur lined traveling cloak, traveling gear for the current season, a bedroll, a backpack, comfortable boots, a tent and rope
Wealth: 20 SP
[/sblock]
[sblock=Virtues/Class/Background abilities]
Warden's Gift: As a bonus action choose one creature other than yourself who can hear you within 60ft, they gain a Gift die, a D6. Once in the next 10 minutes they can add the number rolled to an ability check, attack roll or ST. (D8 at 5th level, d10 at 10th level, d12 at 15th level)
Can use this feature a number of times equal to your Cha mod, regain after a long rest.

Ever Watchful: If you can freely travel about an area talking with locals and passing travelers for a few hours, you can make a DC 12 Investigation check with advantage. Success indicates that you hear all the latest useful rumors, including news of trouble. Failure means you hear all the rumors and news but cannot discern the true from the false. On a success you also glean the names, whereabouts, and general appearances of all local influential individuals, households and factions, as well as what livery, colours and heraldry they typically bear.

Jack of All Trades: You add half your proficiency bonus rounded down to any ability check you make that doesn't already include your proficiency bonus.

Campfire Tales: You can help revitalize your wounded allies during a short rest. If you tell tales during a short rest, then you and any nearby friendly creatures listening to your tales gain and additional 1d6 hp per hit die spent. (1d8 at 9th, 1d10 at 13th, 1d12 at 17th)

King's Men: You are proficient with broadswords and great bows and have a +1 bonus to attack rolls made with them.

Sword Master: When fighting with either a broadsword or longsword, add your proficiency bonus to your AC.

Lure of the Road: As a seasoned traveler you have an uncanny ability to predict the weather, you can "smell" rain or snow earlier than others or sense when a fog is about to roll in. You also know the best places to shelter from sudden storms and which areas to avoid. You have well-established habits and the ability to quickly forage what you need before settling in to wait out a storm. You also have a good grasp of creature habits in various types of weather conditions; you know where bears hibernate and where a Goblin band is likely to camp when a storm hits.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Qualities]
Distinctive Quality
Energetic: Your enthusiasm for the road is infectious

Speciality
Story-telling: You've heard many stories while on the road and you have a gift for imparting them to others.

Hope
We are all equal on the road-we need to rely on each other's common decency

Despair
I've seen nothing in my travels that suggests that we'll be all right when the Shadow descends upon us.
[/sblock]

[sblock=History]
Ulfred was born into a moderately well to do merchant family in Esgaroth, who moved to Dale and helped rebuild it carving out a fairly good living while doing it. As a young boy Ulfred studied some, worked more but spent most of his free time in the wild learning how to get along or avoid animals and how to survive in the wild.
When Ulfred and his family moved to Dale he spent most of his free time listening to the stories of the older men in the taverns and on the work sights amazed by their stories of life on the road and the great battles of old. When his father died after a short sickness Ulfred left Dale and hit the road determined to see the rest of the world and have his own adventures.
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases