Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    We still have a few slots that need to be filled before we can begin, folk.

If anyone is on the fence, go ahead and give it a try! It is an exhilerating and intense experience unlike any other! And one that will stay with you; whether they win or lose, everyone comes out of an IRON DM tournament at least a little better at adventure-crafting!

I seriously cannot oversell how fun this can be. Come on, give it a go! How often do you get the opportunity to write adventures (well, adventure treatments, generally speaking) to spec (including word count) on a deadline and then get quality feedback on it?

It is quite fun.

Oh man, I haven't done this in a while. Sign me up if you've got space available, I love a challenge.

And @InVinoVeritas, I still haven't forgotten the beating you gave me in 2009...
    Last edited by CleverNickName; Yesterday at 09:12 PM.
    XP Gradine, Rune, Deuce Traveler gave XP for this post

This ain't full up yet, is it? I'm itching to take another swing at the title.
    XP Gradine, Rune, Deuce Traveler gave XP for this post

I have some serious time constraints over the next two weeks....but I’d consider jumping into this if I had a better idea of when it would start. Is there a set date or is it just once you have 8 participants then it starts? And subsequent rounds are dependent on when the first wraps, I imagine, is that tight?

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    I have some serious time constraints over the next two weeks....but I’d consider jumping into this if I had a better idea of when it would start. Is there a set date or is it just once you have 8 participants then it starts? And subsequent rounds are dependent on when the first wraps, I imagine, is that tight?
    We’ll want to begin as soon can after we lock down our eighth contestant. The first round should be over in a week, if everyone’s schedules line up. Rounds 2 and 3 have 48 hour matches and a panel of judges, so they might take two or three weeks.

We do try to schedule around the contestants’ availability, though, especially in the latter rounds. The expenditure of time and energy can be intense, but it comes in relatively quick bursts.

That said, if you really aren’t sure if you can commit, you can sign up as an alternate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    We’ll want to begin as soon can after we lock down our eighth contestant. The first round should be over in a week, if everyone’s schedules line up. Rounds 2 and 3 have 48 hour matches and a panel of judges, so they might take two or three weeks.

We do try to schedule around the contestants’ availability, though, especially in the latter rounds. The expenditure of time and energy can be intense, but it comes in relatively quick bursts.

That said, if you really aren’t sure if you can commit, you can sign up as an alternate.
    Okay, cool. If you do schedule around availability, then that should help. Sign me up as an alternate, but if you need me to step up, then I will!
    XP Rune gave XP for this post