What if the Roman Empire conquered the Forgotten Realms? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    The Forgotten Realms have their own version of "Native Americans" in Maztica. Also the Romans don't evoke a lot of sympathy, no one's going to say the Romans were misunderstood or mistreated. Romans were conquerors not the conquered.

Quote Originally Posted by Shasarak View Post
    I would guess that as the Red Wizards struggle to deal with Rashemen they would have no chance in invading Earth Prime.
    Thay's inability to deal with Rashemen is because of plot armor and not because of any rational balance of power.

Quote Originally Posted by MNblockhead View Post
    This does have me thinking...I'm kinda more interested in what would happen if some force from the FR, e.g. the Wizards of Thay, invaded our world.

In the nuclear age, are we more than a match for the magical powers of high-fantasy FR evils?
    When IRL dumps poison gas on you, Dispel Magic does NOT make the "Cloudkill" go away.

Statistics favors the side with a machine gun (or lots of them) - sooner or later the guy pulling the trigger has to roll a '20'. Red Wizards, like most other wizards, are not bottomless pools of HP.

Here is the first Greek/Roman god that enters the Realms that I stated out in 3rd edition. She is very popular with the Roman soldiers.
    This goddess is in direct competition with Sune.

In case your wondering, I started out with the 1st Edition Deities and Demigods, I tried to get the 3rd edition download PDF, but all I got was the first 5 pages and a whole lot of blank pages after that, so I began the work of converting the 1st edition god entries into 3rd edition. I doubled the levels of character classes for Aphrodite, so instead of being a 10th level cleric, a 12 level magic-user, a 15th level Illusionist, and a 10th level bard, she became a 20th level cleric, 24th level Sorcerer (her prime attribute is Charisma, so I figure a sorcerer is a more natural fit than wizard), 30th level Wizard (specializing in illusion spells), and a 20th level bard. I used 3rd edition because it has rules on creating epic level characters, so Aphrodite turns out to be a 94th level character, she also has an at will power of Greater Teleport, Shapechange, and Mass Charm Monster, She has spell slots for each character class she has, but instead of having to prepare her spells ahead of time, she can pick her spells at the moment she decides to cast them, she carries no spell books, all of her spells are in her head, when she casts a spell as opposed to an at will power, she uses up a spell slot and she requires 8 hours to regain that spell slot that she used by casting that spell.

As for her immediate history, the avatar she uses, originated on the other side as a camp follower, a priestess of her faith and also a prostitute, when she stepped through the gate, the wild magic shaped by the Roman soldier's beliefs swirled around her, either the goddess already existed and on a plane with magic saw this opportunity to take her over, or a goddess was formed in the spot by the soldier's beliefs and all the wild magic swirling around when the Faerunian deities got cast down from the outer planes by the overdeity Ao. The girl who found herself becoming Aphrodite's avatar suddenly found herself with two sets of memories, that of her mortal life that preceded her crossing through the gate, and them memories of the goddess, whether preexisting or created on the spot. This goddess avatar has since kept a low profile, the Roman soldiers don't know she is there, at least not right away! If the situation warrants it, she may choose to reveal herself. Aphrodite continues to act as a priestess of her faith, and she can cast cleric spells, she pretends not to know why she can cast them, other priests have been able to cast spells as well, but most are starting off at a low level. Aphrodite has healed a number of Roman soldiers, and has also healed the prisoners the Romans have taken as well, she is an equal opportunity goddess, and seeks the opportunity to spread her worship outside of the Roman legion regardless of whether they militarily successful or not. the Roman Legion for her is just a beach head onto this plane of existence.
    XP cbwjm gave XP for this post

Quick Reply Quick Reply