Treantmonk's Guide to character building part 2:

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Divination? Really?

I mean, it's only good for one casting a day anyway. And requires a material component that's consumed. Just doesn't seem like a smart choice.

If you can't find a 4th level spell you like, I don't think you HAVE to choose a 4th level spell. Why not have a good situational spell in your pocket instead? Clairvoyance or Enhance Ability or Freedom of Movement or Locate Object or Locate Creature or Tongues or Zone of Truth?

Divination? Really?

I mean, it's only good for one casting a day anyway. And requires a material component that's consumed. Just doesn't seem like a smart choice.

If you can't find a 4th level spell you like, I don't think you HAVE to choose a 4th level spell. Why not have a good situational spell in your pocket instead? Clairvoyance or Enhance Ability or Freedom of Movement or Locate Object or Locate Creature or Tongues or Zone of Truth?
Hmmm...Enhance ability might be a good choice. I'll consider that.

smbakeresq

Explorer
TM,

For many of these cleric builds if the God you pick has a favorite weapon that can certainly count as a holy symbol and it’s always in your hand. Doing so can delay Warcaster to 8th level.

As a DM if you had a some type of God with a Thunder focus I would certainly allow a swap out of a 1st level domain spell for Booming Blade. For all the other attack cantrips as appropriate also.

If you have BB (or something else) early and a group that can maximize OppAtt then I wouldn’t delay Warcaster, I would take it at 4th level. You will get to use it often and you get Warcaster benefits on saves from the get go. IMO you will get more mileage out of it then you would additional hits or failed saves with a ABI.

Remove ads