Marvel's Iron Fist Season 2 - Much Better

Hussar

Legend
Disclaimer - I really, really did not like season one of Iron Fist. I thought it was brutally bad. Not even fun bad, but, just bad bad.

So, when season 2 popped up on my Netflix, I didn't exactly rush out to binge watch it. But, it was a slow day, and I thought I'd give it a shot.

Wow, am I glad I did. Story was great, characters were interesting and I really enjoyed it. Gone was the boardroom drama and everything focused on the five characters. Great stuff. I wonder if their budget didn't get slashed pretty heavily from the last season considering most of the action happens in, what, three or four locations? Whatever the reason, this was a great story and really worth the watch.

Although, I have one cultural nitpick, just because it bugs me. In one of the really early episodes, Danny and Colleen are having dinner and fight over the last potsticker with their chopsticks. If Colleen Wing was raised in Japan, the way the story says she is, there is ZERO chance she would do that. It's culturally the equivalent of blowing your nose on the tablecloth. You just do not do that.* Yeah, it's a minor nitpick and it doesn't really matter, but, it's little details like that that make me realize that the writers have very little actual cultural experience when they write Asian characters.

*[sblock]The reason this is not done is the only time in Japanese culture that you would pass anything from chopstick to chopstick is during a funeral, after the body is cremated, you pass the bones along the family before placing them in an urn. It really, really isn't done to play with your food like that with chopsticks.[/sblock]

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I've heard it is better. Not hat I had so many problems with the first season, but I'll still accept the upward trend of reviews. I probably won't get around to watching it until October, unfortunately, but it gives me something to look forward to.

cmad1977

Hero
Kinda of too bad about LC. I thought the 2nd season was way better than the first and left the main character in an interesting place.

That said I often thought the lead was the weakest link in that show so not super surprising.

Derren

Hero
Kinda of too bad about LC. I thought the 2nd season was way better than the first and left the main character in an interesting place.

That said I often thought the lead was the weakest link in that show so not super surprising.

I thought LC was doomed from the start. Invulnerability is just a lame superpower to begin with.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Im not sure the cancellations are so much an outright cancellation as much as they are a redeployment

LC and Fisto are still going to appear in the other shows (ie Daredevil) and I do wonder if they are either a) setting up for a Heroes for Hire series (8 episodes ensemble) OR b) taking the shows away from Netflix over to the Disney Streaming service

Heroes for Hire would be my preference

Last edited:

Remove ads