Marvel's Iron Fist Season 2 - Much Better

Janx

Hero
Hell...they could even do what production companies do either superheroes: come up with new stories based on and consistent with the original character, in this case, sans the ugly.

EX, the Umbrella Academy. Which I just finished watching. That show has quite the buzz on my FB feed from friends, something I don't see about TV shows.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Just because Dave Sim’s views on things cultural might be a tad...inflammatory? Solution to that: cap out the series to X many issues, or certain storylines. The stuff with the Roach, Elrond, and Julius would be killer.

Hell...they could even do what production companies do either superheroes: come up with new stories based on and consistent with the original character, in this case, sans the ugly.

Partly because of his blatant misogyny, yes. But he’s also the poster kid of the independent comics movement, so I think negotiating licensing and authority control over any product with his IP would be a nightmare.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Partly because of his blatant misogyny, yes. But he’s also the poster kid of the independent comics movement, so I think negotiating licensing and authority control over any product with his IP would be a nightmare.

As to the first part, there’s plenty of stuff on TV and in films and on radio created by people with some pretty ugly personal histories. Even in the age of #MeToo, Sim’s stuff could still be profitable, especially if handled as I described.

And because of his views, he probably wouldn’t have much negotiating leverage, so the big risk is just how cantankerous he wants to be in negotiations.

Hussar

Legend
DC already has its own streaming service here in the US, so that's unlikely.

Oh, right. forgot about that. It's so weird that all the stuff that get's put behind paywalls in the States gets released on Netflix overseas a little bit later - ST:Discovery, Teen Titans, and a bunch of other stuff.

Now if Netflix Japan could just get with the program and get some of the newer seasons, that would be nice. First five seasons of Supernatural only? Seriously? :p

Oh, right. forgot about that. It's so weird that all the stuff that get's put behind paywalls in the States gets released on Netflix overseas a little bit later - ST:Discovery, Teen Titans, and a bunch of other stuff.

Now if Netflix Japan could just get with the program and get some of the newer seasons, that would be nice. First five seasons of Supernatural only? Seriously? :p

Netflix is a paywall. It's just one you already paid for.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Only one paywall if that's all that you want. The proliferation of paywalls is getting rather ridiculous.

I am waiting for the meta-paywall. A business that makes deals with the various paywalls, and offers packages of them to viewers, like your cable company today does with premium channels. "Now, for $19.99 a month, you get Netflix, Hulu, CBS All-Access..."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases