Against the Slavers, Part 1

Snipehunt

First Post
At the end of the day, Droab nods his head as sweat glistens on each of you. Some crew pull up buckets of salt water and set them on the deck.

"Oh, now you be having a proper respect for the sea, eh?" he says in his odd, squeaky voice. "Thar ain't no proper bathing on this ship, but I knows as some of yas are used to cleaning up proper. This here's the best we can do."

He compliments the group on quickly mastering the nautical arts, especially the nimble Bribben and the enthusastic hard work of Norbac. He spares only an ambiguous look for Gwystyl.

Gwystyl thinks back on the one incident of the day. Using his skill as a climber, he quickly mastered the rigging. Seeing his ability, Droab tasked him with securing ropes while two sailors sewed up a small tear in the sail next to him. It obviously would take hours for the two to mend it with the primitive needle and thick thread. With a helpful smile, he used a minor spell to mend the tear. The two sailors smiled, revealing mouths filled with yellow, mismatched teeth, and thanked him, then quickly slid down the lines to the deck and rested. Droab soon saw the two lounging about, and quickly walked over and began berating them. They pointed up at Gwystyl.

Droab soon climbed the rigging. "Man," he said, "I like me rest like the next bloke, but this be a ship, and there be ways things should be done. Those two now be lounging about all day, but the other lads be working hard. Now Droab be thinkin' of some task for dem."

Droab didn't exactly look disapproving, but didn't look pleased, either.

"You all be on your own. Capt'n wants to see you after supper in his cabin."

OOC - I won't roleplay the card game unless you want me to. Post any actions you want to take in the next three days (Gwystyl's done already). Thanks for the warhorse tip - hadn't noticed the summoning bit. :) BTW, if you don't like the colors I picked, let me know!

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Rowena

Rowena will not bathe in public, but will try to sponge off a little. She will pass on the card game and spend the evening on the deck as much as possible. She will detect evil on everyone she meets that evening.

Festy_Dog

First Post
After the day of work Fealnne is happy for the opportunity to relax and play some cards, he splashes himself with some water before going, and is thankful for being able to.

"I'm quite flattered that you thought I was a noble," he tells the captain during the game, "But I don't own the hawk, he's a friend of mine, much like Bribben's wolf companion in fact. We share some common interests, thus we share similiar company."

In the following days Fealnne spends his time being useful, and trying to play his part.

Last edited:

Li Shenron

Legend
Mäelström is going to spend the three days familiarising with the adventure-mates, and also trying to get the crew accustomed to his pet snake (he will present it as nothing more than a very innocuous beloved pet, although he knows that other spellcasters may recognize it as a familiar). This because he definitely doesn't want anyone to find the snake in the cabin and try to kill it, therefore Mäelström will show around how the snake is very polite and obeys his commands as a clever dog or cat (shouldn't be difficult with Int 8 and Speak with Master feature). Isn't she lovely? She would be able to attend a very high class tea-time conversation at a baroness' house, so well I have educated her, except of course that she won't speak.... (By the way, she's a lady-snake ;) ).

For most of the time however, Mäelström is fine to accept any sailing duty he is able to provide any help for, and follows the captain's orders with no complaints.

Until necessary, he won't show he is able to cast spells, although his fingers sometimes tickle for being willing to let at least some tiny flames or sparkles out soon...

edit: I agree we don't need to RP the card game, since we already decided how it ends :p

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Norbac, who strangely doesn´t own any pet, does nothing special in those three days, except maybe a little fighting practice if anyone is willing to spar with him.

OOC: Sorry for the delay in getting my character finished up and getting my first post up. Sarloss has been posted to the Rogue's Gallery complete with equipment. He just needs a background now. I'm assuming that I can still play. If that is not the case, I apologize for interrupting the thread. :)

IC:
Sarloss spends the early part of the voyage watching and learning. He makes himself seen on deck and watches the action from afar at first and when feeling more comfortable and confident, begins to approach the sailors and ask questions. He makes himself available for any duties that he might be needed for, in an effort to learn skills that he doesn't have, having not spent time onboard a ship before now.

As always, he is uncomfortable around authority figures so he gives the Captain a wide berth. If he is invited to the card game, he reluctantly accepts.

In addition to his obvious discomfort around the Captain, he also steers clear of Rowena. He has never had much experience dealing with religious types and doesn't want to embarrass himself.

He goes to sleep each night wondering what possessed him, a perpetual loner, to accept this mission but also exhilarated by his first ocean voyage.

maddmic

Explorer
Bribben uses the sea water to cool himself off. He then joins in the eating of dinner and plays cards for a little bit so as not to offend anybody by not playing. He then heads off to bed so that he can get an early start on the following day.

OOC:
Bribben will pretty much keep to himself the entire three days. Not that he is rude, just that he keeps to himself mostly. Should anybody ask him questions, or try to converse, he will answer and have a pleasant conversation, but he will not initiate many if any conversation.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Gwystyl will (after losing at cards) retire to make a few Scrolls <as detailed in the OoC thread>.

Snipehunt

First Post
OoC - all are ready, looks like, to move on.

The card game is friendly, no one but Gwystyl losing much, and it appeared that Gwystyl might even have planned it that way. He certainly had a quick hand for the cards and a steady eye.

The fourth day out of port, without any sight of a pirate ship, a storm tosses the ship about. The captain ordered the party belowdecks, saying he didn't want one of them being tossed overboard deep in the open sea. After the storm, the crew starts to mutter about pointless orders and risking lives for nothing, and Captain Goodman begins to look concerned about his crew. He decides to make the ship look crippled from the storm, in hopes that it will look more enticing for a pirate.

The very next day, a lookout shouts that a ship on the horizon appears to be heading straight for them. It flies no flag that he can see. A sailor brings a crude telescope from the captain's quarters and the captain spends several long seconds looking, as the party crowds about him in the aft deck.

"Oh, it's a pirate, all right," he says. "Better dress for the ball and take your positions. Judging by the wind, we have less than an hour before it will overtake us."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases