Against the Slavers, Part 1

Festy_Dog

First Post
Fealnne gears up, slipping his mithril shirt on underneath his sailor's uniform, and appears on deck soon after the warning, with Tyrion perched calmly on his shoulder.

"Captain, can I take up a position in the crow's nest? I'll have a good view from there, to make better use of my bow. I promise Tyrion will keep his head down until we actually do our counter-offensive," Fealnne says, "Tyrion's the hawk by the way, heh."

Manzanita

First Post
Rowena

Rowena will bring up her longsword, sheild, composite bow, and quiver of arrows. She'll leave her chainmail below. She'll try to find a place where the pirates won't see her until the ships are within boarding range, but where she'll be able to get out there quickly.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:Spells as before.
Cantrips:Flare,Mending,Message,Open/Close.
First:Shield,True Strike <D>,Magic Missile X2
Second:Rope Trick,Locate Object<D>,Cat's Grace,Spider Climb
Third: Dispel Magic,Fireball,Clairaudience/Clairvoyance <D>

IC: Gwystyl goes below, gathering his gear and telling Dmitri to scamper abovedeck and hide, in order to be an extra set of eyes.
Then Gwystyl waits until the ship is perhaps half the distance away that it was when first sighter and cast's Mage Armor upon himself <Wand>.Once the Ship is very close, he casts Cat's Grace[/I and Shield.
If direct combat is the course that we will take, a Fireball will be sent into the pirate's rigging when they are perhaps a few hundred feet away.

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Norbac grins. "It was about time!" grunts as he goes below deck to gather weapons and armor.

[As soon the pirate ship is near enough, Norbac will cast the entire load of buffing spells, in this order: Enlarge Person and Shield of Faith on whoever wants -I don´t know your characters well, so I don´t know who would benefit more from the EP spell- If no one wants, he´ll cast that on himself.

Same for Bull´s strenght. Then Bless, and save Prayer for when the pirates are near enough to be affected.

Most of the spells have a duration of 1 min/level, so he won´t start casting until the pirates are truly ready to board the ship.]

Snipehunt

First Post
Code:
    /\
   /ff\
  /f|f|\
 /|f|f|f\
/f|f|f|f|\
|f|f|d|f|f|
| | | | | |
| | |t| | |
| | | | | |
| | |M| | |
| | |[COLOR=DarkOrange]B[/COLOR]| | |
| |t|t|t| |
| |t|t|t| |
| | | | | |
| |[COLOR=MediumTurquoise]M[/COLOR]| | | |
| | |t| | |
| | |M| | |  ([color=blue]Fealnne in crow's nest[/color]
| |[color=yellow]G[/color]| | |[color=red]R[/color]|
| |[COLOR=SandyBrown]N[/color]| | | |
|r|r|d|r|r|
|r|r|r|r|r|
|r|r|r|r|r|
|r|r|r|r|r|

r=rear (raised about 7' from the floor)
f-Forecastle (raised about 7' from the floor)
M=Mast
t=trapdoor in floor
d=door to rear/front

Here's the boat, w/ PC's on it, as the pirate approaches. It is now about 200 feet away, and closing fast (3 rounds). A horde of humanoids hide behind tower shields on teh deck, while more lurk near the gunwhales under 50 percent cover. The pirates let loose with a volley of crossbow bolts at long range, which do little, then they hunker down as they close. All spells are now cast as noted. Let's roll initiative!

Last edited:

Festy_Dog

First Post
Fealnne' init: rolled 15 + 4 = 19

Tyrion's init: rolled 7 + 3 = 10

Fealnne gets Tyrion (fly 60') to harass whoever is residing in the pirates' crow's nest. He himself then opens fire on any exposed pirates.

attack rolls:
rolled 6 + 11 - 2(range) = 15 (damage: rolled 7 + 3 = 10)
rolled 2 + 6 - 2(range) = 6 (definite miss :p)

Manzanita

First Post
Rowena

OOC: Shall we make our own rolls? If so, Rowena's init: 7+2=9.

Rowena will open fire with her comp longbow when they get in range. She will try to find a place that gives her as much cover as she can comfortably get.

attack rolls:15+9=26/4+4=8 dmg (if one hit) d8+2=3

Snipehunt

First Post
You don't have dice rollers? Try here. Nadaka has a program, if that doesn't work, I can get the link for it. I trust your posted rolls, though.

Until the boats close, I'm not worrying too much about initiative order. That way, you can post your first action w/ initiative and we can quicken things up a little.

Fealnne hits one pirate, who staggers back from the gunwhales with the arrow's shaft running out of his back. Tyrion flies towards the crow's nest, but quickly flies back to the ship as a hail of crossbow bolts rolls towards him.

Rowena hits a pirate in the rigging. ALthough the arrow does minor damage, lodging in his arm, the pirate's grip is loosened. He clutches at the lines around him, reaching desperately for a comrade's arm, but misses. He falls, a mass of flailing limbs, to the deck where he bounces twice before stopping in a heap. His crossbow lands on him with a sickening thud.

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC: D'oh!! I rolled a '4'...8 total for initiative. Dmitri has a 14 initiative.
Did my Fireball do anything?
If we are picking this up 3 rounds out, I'd cast True Strike and attempt to shoot with my bow: Wizards, then Officers shouting orders,then anyone in the rigging,spotting for them etc...

<If I am rolling the dice, the Fireball results in 6+5+1+4+6 damage, or 22, DC 16 ref for half.
The arrow attack was a roll12+6+20 for true strike= 38 minus whatever range increment. Damage is 1rolled+1Mighty for 2 big whopping HP damage>

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Rowena

Rowena will continue shooting, grinning grimly at her first kill. As the ships close, she shouts "Let's get together to protect each other's backs!" She moves closer to Norbac, slinging her bow over her shoulder and preparing her sword & sheild.

OOC: With no chainmail, her AC is 15 (2 dex, 3 lg +1 shield)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases