Against the Slavers, Part 1

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: Norbac´s actions are in page 3. Obviously he doesn´t bash the orc that hurt him (since it´s dead) but another one.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Fealnne again briefly scans the enemy's deck for oppotunities. This time one of Salross' foes. If pirate #5 isn't dropped by Sarloss' attack then Fealnne aims for that one, otherwise he'll aim for #2.

"Ganging up on him isn't fair.." he says as he looses his arrows.

Fealnne's attacks:
1st: rolled 10 + 11 = 21 (damage: rolled 7 + 3 = 10)
2nd: rolled 12 + 6 = 18 (damage: rolled 3 + 3 = 6)

Tyrion moves into combat with whichever of Rowena's opponent's is the most injured, trying to flank them.

Tyrion's attack:
rolled 9 + 8 = 17 (damage: rolled 1 - 2 = 1)

Last edited:

Snipehunt

First Post
OoC - thought he was back. OOpsie! All doors on the pirate ship are closed.

Bribben's spear magically reappears in his hand. He takes a quick glance at his comrades on the pirate ship, but decides he must make sure the Folly is safe before helping the others. He quickly steps out from behind the mast and hurls his spear at the orc Gywstyl had attacked.

His spear races in nearly a straight line and lodges in the chest of the orc. The weight of the spear pulls at the orc, who staggers forward. As the spear suddenly disappears, the orc spins from the sudden change and collapses to the ground.

Norbac's mace swings in a huge arc towards the nearest pirate, a grungy-looking human in striped pants and no shirt. The pirate raises a cutlass in a hapless attempt to parry. With a sharp ring, the two weapons connect. The force of Norbac's mace knocks aside the cutlass, and the pirate himself, who is flung several feet back by the impact. He starts to rise, lifts his head slightly, then stops moving.

Saarloss laughs at the pirates surrounding him. His blades whirl through the air as he threatens first one, then another, trying to keep all the pirates at bay. One pirate, a half-orc carrying a battleaxe, falls for a feint, and swings at the space Saarloss had just left. As the pirate tries to recover, both swords stab out, one catching the pirate across the arm.

Snipehunt

First Post
The Pirates. Arr!

The three pirates surrounding Saarloss grow cautious after seeing him strike one of their own. The wounded half-orc, in a low, throaty growl, says, "Eh, a quick 'un! Let's see how ya like da feel o' me axe!"

He motions for a human wearing a grime-encrusted leather vest and black leather pants, who slashes at the rogue with a cutlass. Saarloss easily dodges the swing, as well as the other pirate's short spear. However, his attention focused on those two humans, he only sees the half-orc out of the corner of his eye.

The half-orc steps calmly forward, taking a flanking position. AsSaarloss deals with the other pirates, the half-orc waits for the right moment. The half-orc waits until the spear stabs through the air next to Saarloss. Suddenly a maniacal smile erupts on his face and he swings with his axe.

Saarloss groans as the axe bites straight through the thin leather and into his middle. Sharp stabs of pain radiate from his stomach as blood pours down his back. (Ooc - critical hit, 16 points of damage).

The lone pirate facing Norbac, an orc holding a battleaxe, pales at the carnage the enlarged cleric made of the other pirates. He slowly backs away, then drops his axe and cowers on the deck.

"Don' 'urt me," he says through sobs and wails, "I didna mean nothing./ They mades me."

The three pirates facing Rowena, however, grimly focus on their opponent. They exchange a quick glance, then one, the human wearing polka-dots, mutters, "It's plunder or hangin' fer us. I says, let's get the plunder."

With two quick motions, the human first slashes with the front part of his blade, then cuts back with the base. His attack misses badly.

The two half-orcs again coordinate their attacks. This time, Rowena is unable to dodge either as the pirates time their blows perfectly. Both axes bite into her skin, one after the other, but the sturdy paladin has felt worse in training. She nods her head, knowing battle has finally joined. (OoC - 4 and 6 hp, for a total damage of 10)

The two remaining orcs on the Folly, rage taking complete control over their minds, advance towards Bribben while howling and shouting orcish curses. Bribben, empty-handed as he waits for his spear to return, bites his bottom lip and shifts anxiously from foot to foot as the orcs approach.

The orcs lean forward and put all of their weight into their swings. At the last second, Bribben takes advantage of his small size and rolls under the sharp, heavy blades, standing up again and ready to attack.

The captain shouts in wordless rage as the pirates ignore his commands, and worse fight like toothless mice. "Enough of this," he yells. He steps out from behind the Ogre, and appears to think for a second. He mutters something incomprehensible as his hands make strange gestures. He then makes a fist, which seems to fill with a flaming light. He looks at Norbac and Rowena, and decides to deal with the paladin rather than the looming cleric. Making two quick throwing motions, two flaming rays fly through the air at Rowena. Despite the confusion of the battle down below, the rays thread a path through Rowena's attacker to strike her. Flames erupt over her body, and she screams in pain as her flesh ripples in the scorching heat. (OoC - two hits with scorching ray, one critical. 29 points of fire damage - checked for immunity, didn't see any).

As Rowena's struggles with the flames, the pirate captain yells out, "Ignore the attackers! Strike the lines!" He slaps at the ogre and points him at the ropes attaching to the two ships. The ogre steps over and starts swinging a giant great-axe at the ropes he can reach from the deck.

Snipehunt

First Post
Eyes tearing from the painful flames that had covered her. Rowena musters her strength and strikes twice with her sword at the human pirate. The pirate deflects the first blow slightly with his cutlass, but can't stop it from biting into his shoulder. He shouts in pain. Rowena sees a momentary opening, and strikes again, in her rage striking off his head, which rolls against the door to the captain's chamber. The headless body collapses to the floor in a pool of blood.

Someone

Adventurer
Norbac tries to spit out a curse against the pirate captain, but only manages to grunt. Going around the mast, he faces the mage and thrusts with the lance, attempting to make a wizard kebab.

[Move to the other board of the ship (in the map NE-E-SW, that makes 20 feet of movement), drop the mace and wield the spear two handed. Then attack the wizard, using the Feat of Strenght domain power to squeeze another 2 points of Str (24 this round); total attack 28 Damage 20.

I know we´re all wounded, but I think that downing the captain is more important than healing, and Rowena, the most wounded, can do it herself.]

Li Shenron

Legend
OOC: I apologize, but could we try to act more in order? I was going to take my action, but now I am confused at which point we are, and I will surely end up casting a spell against someone who is already dead... :)

Is Norbac's attack going to happen in this round (before me) of in the next (after me)? I think that we are in round 2 and Rowena was the last to act...

I will wait to see what Gwystyl does and then post my action

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: Well, post #1198744 (my last one) is Norbac´s actions for round #3. We´re currently at the end of round #2, but that doesn´t really matter because all of the pirates have the same initiative, and it reduces the combat to 'we act' - 'they act'. It´s the start of our #3 'we act' round, #2 for those that rolled a initiative lower than 12.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Gwystyl moves forward as he pulls his Wand of Scorching Ray out, determined to put one in the enemy captain if possible, or an ogre if not (the one cutting lines).

Remove ads