Drinking Problem

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Not really an issue for us. Most of us have to drive to game anyway, but if not it's not really been a problem.

That said, I do find smokers walking out for ciggies every half hour quite frustrating.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
I DM'ed at an FLGS, so we followed their policy.
The vape gear had just been invented, so I let that go on as long as it did not smell obnoxious and nobody else complained, pending store setting policy. (The smoker got a kick out of the fact that he could find an 'air freshener' scent and receive complements for it.)
No alcohol allowed, store rule.

I've never gamed with player / players who were more interested in intoxicants than in the game. Hopefully I am not weird that way.

Hahahah, "terpinate!"

At my home game, there is generally alcohol, though no one goes crazy with it. As a DM, I’ll imbibe, but well within my limits. 1-2 drinks during a four-hour session.

The last time I got snookered while DMing was back in 4e, which was most definitely the wrong system to be attempting to wrangle while inebriated. I had an enemy they had thoroughly killed show up again at the big end battle. Whoops. That was the last time that happened.

At the open table, only a handful of people drink. I do not (it’s on a weeknight, for starters).

Last edited:

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/they)
I drank once as a DM. It... did not go well.

I don't drink anymore and neither do most of my players so it's not really an issue. Sometimes one of my players cracks open a beer but that's about it.

Most of my players drink that La Croix nonsense. On purpose!

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
I'm pro-alcohol in my games and drink when I'm a player and DM. A Jameson or six does wonders for one's D&D skills.

At least that's how I remember it.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
We do drinks and have the odd smoke while playing. I'm not going to lie and say there have never been times when a player got too lit. When I'm Dm'ing I only do shots when I get a PC kill. So I'm drinking a half of a fifth per session lately.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Varies if there's any alcohol at a game. One game one player brings a 6-pack of hard cider or whatever and we share. Others, not so much.

Only one case in the past few years has drinking been a problem, and it was in a different game that rarely had alcohol. We had a player who could be a real jerk, but kept it to the amusing level normally. And took it just was well as he dished it out. But if he had too much to drink that control went out the window. We wouldn't randomly get on your case, but if triggered he would be just plain obnoxious to be around.

I also play poker occasionally at a friend's. Drinking moderately is common there. We occasionally have a player who drinks too much and is loud or takes a while whenever they need to act. Annoying, but not too common. Since we're all friends I'm glad to take their money. :) We did have one occasional player who was on the opposite side of the political spectrum then most of the others, and he got argumentative and very loud on too much drink once.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases