ZEITGEIST Reoccuring Vilians ?
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Frankfurt am Main, Germany
    Posts
    70

    Reoccuring Vilians ?

    I need help with one Villian i need to ressurrect.

    I foolishly killed Leone Quintal near the End of Claudron-Born. He got burried under the collapsing roof of Claudron Hill. His Soul merged with a pool of witch oil but Mr. Carlyle (One of my players) freed his Soul.

    For some unknown reason Leone was the most hated and memorable NPC. On Sunday i am going to storytell Adventure 7 and need Leone back again.

    In my Campaign the mindmaker is working for the RHC and left on special leave during adventure 6.

    I can pick up the story of the mindmaker getting a clue where to find Leone and fighting him again etc.

    My players are keen on rules and i dont know if the clergy or someone owed Leone a really big favor and where the deed would take place? Would „the gnostic„ or one of the ghost council members resurrect Leone just to spite the agents? If you have an idea how the mindmaker got the news about Leone living again, i would love to hear about it.

    I dont want Leone back as Part of the Ghost Concil because they can not be posessed. I know of others getting the offer to join the Council and will probably introduce some of the NPC of my players background story into the Council.
    Last edited by Tizbiz; Friday, 12th October, 2018 at 12:40 PM.

  2. #2
    I am planning on bringing back a villain in similar circumstances. For part 5 I intend to replace Kell for the final confrontation near the Colossus with a Reborn version of the Butler Creed. My idea is that as he died drowning in a vat of Witchoil he is going to come back as a living creature of Witch oil motivated by spite and malelovance.
    There are plenty of reasons for the Ob to have someone bring back Leon he has a unique set of talants to manipulate and control metal which could be vital for repairing Borne once they have him under control and as Borne is Vital for their Axis ritual expending the resources to bring back Leone is reasonable . However it sounds like he may be dead beyond normal resurection needing a True Resurection which is going to be very rare in this world as you need a 17th level cleric and they are rare. However the Ob could steal a scroll from the Clergy who would have some items of this power fating back to Trigenes at a minimum.
    So Ob agents in the clergy steal a sacred scroll from the vaults of the clergy and Nicodemus uses it to return Leone to life.
    XP Tizbiz gave XP for this post

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Decatur, GA
    Posts
    14,681
    Options.

    1. Somebody resurrects him. Could be a friend, ally, family member (whom you would then want to involve in the story somehow, at least briefly, maybe in the investigation during Alais Primos). Resurrection is out of style of the Ob, since Nicodemus prefers having loyal ghosts.

    2. Someone fills in for him. Maybe friend, ally, family member. It could be like Diehard 3 where Hans Gruber's more evil brother shows up for revenge.

    3. Leone's ghost lingers, furious and vengeful, and from the debris of the Cauldron Hill facility he telekinetically crafts himself a new mechanical body. It's rough and slow, since he was not as clever a craftsman as Tinker, but he can still reshape himself as needed. He rejoins the Ob, and in particular wants them to bring him Tinker so he can have a better-designed body.
    XP Tizbiz gave XP for this post

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Frankfurt am Main, Germany
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Moreton View Post
    I am planning on bringing back a villain in similar circumstances. For part 5 I intend to replace Kell for the final confrontation near the Colossus with a Reborn version of the Butler Creed. My idea is that as he died drowning in a vat of Witchoil he is going to come back as a living creature of Witch oil motivated by spite and malelovance.
    Great idea. Hope it gets to be a success!

    In my campaign he was actually part of an witch oil accident which led to further risuri research and finally got banned by the king.
    Last edited by Tizbiz; Friday, 12th October, 2018 at 08:03 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Frankfurt am Main, Germany
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerWickett View Post
    Options.

    1. Somebody resurrects him. Could be a friend, ally, family member (whom you would then want to involve in the story somehow, at least briefly, maybe in the investigation during Alais Primos). Resurrection is out of style of the Ob, since Nicodemus prefers having loyal ghosts.
    He is a man of great style. Wine and Cheese! Combining the two Ideas ... *working und thinking*

    Wine and women!!! Such a refined man has a lady that would die to have him notice her and do anything to get him back. She could be a relative or some sort of past lover and the mindmaker remembered Leone speaking of her as his last ditch escape or security measure? She might watch over a clone of Leone or pay, seduce, blackmail someone to resurrect Leone.

    Romance would be great to get Auryn involved emotionally and even Carlyle has had his past experience with love and regret.

    Thank you for the input!
    Last edited by Tizbiz; Friday, 12th October, 2018 at 08:06 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Russia, Moscow
    Posts
    275
    I had to significantly shorten adventure 7, basically cutting straight through to the convocation. Leone was also killed in Cauldron-born in my campaign (and then resurrected as a thrall to Voice of Rot, but that's another story), so I fully replaced him with Ottavia Sacredote (new PC), which parted with the party on friendly terms in adventure 4. Worked as a charm, and now Ottavia's presence give some new flavours to Diaspora...
    XP Tizbiz gave XP for this post

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Frankfurt am Main, Germany
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by hirou View Post
    I had to significantly shorten adventure 7, basically cutting straight through to the convocation. Leone was also killed in Cauldron-born in my campaign (and then resurrected as a thrall to Voice of Rot, but that's another story), so I fully replaced him with Ottavia Sacredote (new PC), which parted with the party on friendly terms in adventure 4. Worked as a charm, and now Ottavia's presence give some new flavours to Diaspora...
    My players also parted on friendly terms with Ottavia. They even managed to show her some of the negative sides of the Ob's. I might use her as an additional information source .... Maybe she got some insight about someone gathering wonderous artefacts that could aid resurrection.

    Thank you for sharing your experience.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Similar Threads

  1. Reoccuring dream elements?
    By Stormborn in forum *Varied Geek Talk & Media Lounge
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: Wednesday, 26th September, 2007, 05:01 PM
  2. Reoccuring BBEGs
    By Poisoner in forum *General Roleplaying Games Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Thursday, 1st July, 2004, 12:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •