ZEITGEIST Status of 5e Zeitgeist

Colmarr

First Post
I'm looking at D&D again after years away.

I see that the 4e Zeitgeist campaign was fully published, that Island at the Axis of the World was published for 5e and that something's been happening on Patreon since then, but couldn't really figure out where its all up to.

Can someone fill me in?

Tormyr

Adventurer
It is being released roughly 1/3-1/2 of an adventure per month on the en5ider patreon. The first part of adventure 5 has been released.

Zipster

Explorer
For the record, I have been using 5e for Zeitgeist for the last ... year? Or so? At the rate my group is going, I think the official release will eventually catch up near the end. But, every time a new patreon is published, I do check it out to see how the official stuff is and specifically enemy stat blocks. That said, the I see most of the 5e combats and enemy stat blocks to be underwhelming and not challenging. Part of this is possibly how my group did stat roles way back when we started - 4d6, re-roll 1's and 2's, drop the lowest. But, with the 5e magic item rules and all of that, I see combat as generally being very easy based upon cursory reading of the enemies. Again, my table could just be powerfully built.

That said, because of this, I have hand-converted many baddies, starting in adventure 5. I'm presently working on making the Godhand class to account for the various Godhands that have combat statistics. Some conversions are more detailed, some are just sort of Monster Manual like stat-blocks. I have some prestige classes converted - all of them also buffed, because I wanted it to be a big thing for the players. I'm willing to share all of this if anyone is interested.

Colmarr

First Post
Thanks Gideon. I'm happy to see your Zeitgeist campaign is still going strong (and is amazing, as always).

I'm not technically back, but I can be considered D&D-adjacent ;)

Noodle

Explorer
Glad to see Colmarr too - I was clued in to ZG by a post of his many moons ago. (Yes, we're still running it, I just don't post about the campaign anymore. We're in the midst of the convocation at the moment.)

hirou

Explorer
This makes me wonder - what is the IRL longest ZG campaign here? I sometimes stumble upon my own notes about starting this campaign back in 2014, that was... so long ago.

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
This makes me wonder - what is the IRL longest ZG campaign here? I sometimes stumble upon my own notes about starting this campaign back in 2014, that was... so long ago.

We started in July 2011. Can’t claim the full seven years as we had a three-year break. But in 2011 I wasn’t married and didn’t have two kids so it feels like another lifetime entirely.

Noodle

Explorer
I just checked my email archive. We started in October 2011. We only meet once a month, and took breaks in between each adventure to play other games (5e playtest, SW:EoE, ...) so we're just up to Schism. I guess at this rate, we'll be going well into the 2020s.. :p

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases